UPDATES FROM FRANK ERWIN CENTER PRESS ROW!!

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcus' Matt Forte is the 5A Championship game MVP.

Forte scored 24 points, shooting 6-10 from the field, 4-6 from 3 point line, and a perfect 8-8 at the free throw line.

Travis' Andrew Harrison finished with 23 points, 6 of 12 shooting, 10-12 from free throw line.

Well that will do it from the Frank Erwin Center. The 2012 State Tourney is in the books and caps off the 2011-2012 basketball season. It was a great 3 days and 18 games (well technically 17 for me ;)) and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute at press row!!

Also got to catch up with lots of friends and made several new ones as well.

No-look, it was great to finally meet you. ;D

My 41st consecutive trip to the state tourney was yet another great time as always. Hopefully will be right back here next year but with some local teams in tow.

BTW, my final count for different teams watched this season finished at 109!!!

So long from Austin!

Want to give a special shout out to Yates and Kimball for putting on a great show great game fellas really good game this one will go down as one of the greats i promise you...I would like to touch on the fact that before this game i thought was a pretty good coach and I though yates was sort of an elite team so to speak but they in all honesty if you've got a good guards and a coach you can beat yates easily...this team seemed to be sort of wild and played with no structure or organization they have no half court offense besides just simply going one on one their whole game is just dunks and three pointers coach wise has got to give those guys more structure cause if you break the press you've got em beat but great game I've enjoyed watching you guys play this yr

Discipline, [b]usually [/b] will discriminate against mistakes. That is [b]usually[/b] the number one priority that a coach will demand in their system.  Great example, the 2011-2012 Lamar Basketball Cardinals.  Same atheletes, a different coach and a positive outcome.  Coach's are only as good as their athlete's abilities but the athletes are only as good as the coach's mentality.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1195720" timestamp="1331457229"]
Want to give a special shout out to Yates and Kimball for putting on a great show great game fellas really good game this one will go down as one of the greats i promise you...I would like to touch on the fact that before this game i thought was a pretty good coach and I though yates was sort of an elite team so to speak but they in all honesty if you've got a good guards and a coach you can beat yates easily...this team seemed to be sort of wild and played with no structure or organization they have no half court offense besides just simply going one on one their whole game is just dunks and three pointers coach wise has got to give those guys more structure cause if you break the press you've got em beat but great game I've enjoyed watching you guys play this yr
[/quote]i agrree it was a great show but so is professional wrestling, the officals put their whistles in their pockets and the mugging was on

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1195720" timestamp="1331457229"]
[/quote]
Great post.

[quote name="football" post="1195761" timestamp="1331483139"]
Argyle proves that a 3A school CAN succeed in both football and basketball.  State runner up in football and state champs in basketball.
[/quote]

I did not see the Argyle Corpus game but  I am inclined to believe that intellect had much to do with Argyles victory.  Can anyone confirm or deny my theory please?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder