20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Silsbee
    • Coldprings

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel if we go in with the same gameplan we did against cleveland at home last year we'll have a chance. If we press and try to run with silsbee that be our downfall. We have a little bit of length but not just blazing speed to be able get back on defence. If we want to keep the few players of size that we have out of foul trouble, then we just need to sprint back and play halfcourt defence. Slowing it down will be in our best interest, especially when you only have a few subs.

Silsbee was holding their breath a few times against Splendora through-out the game and if a few three's fell early in the game, then it would of ended different. Coldspring never gave up that many rebounds to a person under 6' like they did to Splendora. I think they under estimated Splendora just like they are doing to Coldspring. Number 5 in state is going to their head, Coldspring is not intimidated. They are not HJ, by far. Silsbee's luck will be running out Tuesday.

[quote name="captredass" post="1186323" timestamp="1330303114"]
Silsbee was holding their breath a few times against Splendora through-out the game and if a few three's fell early in the game, then it would of ended different. Coldspring never gave up that many rebounds to a person under 6' like they did to Splendora. I think they under estimated Splendora just like they are doing to Coldspring. Number 5 in state is going to their head, Coldspring is not intimidated. They are not HJ, by far. Silsbee's luck will be running out Tuesday.
[/quote]#5 in state is nothing new to Silsbee.  I don't think that's gonna go to their head.

[/quote]

I find this post hysterically funny.

First of all, Silsbee (the team) is not underestimating Coldspring. Second, it would have taken more than a few three's for Splendora to beat Silsbee the other night. Also, Silsbee has not been running on "luck" this season like you are suggesting. That is about as asinine a statement as I have heard all year.  ::) As far as the ranking goes, they have been in the top 10 all year long, so the ranking has no bearing on their confidence or in your words, over confidence. Silsbee is battle tested, regardless of ranking.

I have seen Coldspring play a few times this season. They are no better a team than the Brookshire-Royal team that Silsbee just defeated by 12 points. 

You want to continue to make comparisons with the Splendora game, go right ahead. It will only give you a false sense of security. ;)

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1186180" timestamp="1330278646"]
Stevenash only knows HJ basketball and I guarantee if HJ lose Tuesday and Silsbee wins, he will be humping like a dog to jump on Silsbee bandwagon !!! Stevenash, just admit that you hate Silsbee basketball... "Say It".....  If anybody says anything good about Silsbee, you always have something negative to say....
[/quote]

if he hates silsbee basketball, why would he "hump like a dog" to jump on the silsbee bandwagon?  i know for a fact that nash has much respect for Silsbee basketball.

[quote name="bullets13" post="1186336" timestamp="1330304417"]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=96650.msg1186180#msg1186180 date=1330278646]
Stevenash only knows HJ basketball and I guarantee if HJ lose Tuesday and Silsbee wins, he will be humping like a dog to jump on Silsbee bandwagon !!! Stevenash, just admit that you hate Silsbee basketball... "Say It".....  If anybody says anything good about Silsbee, you always have something negative to say....
[/quote]

if he hates silsbee basketball, why would he "hump like a dog" to jump on the silsbee bandwagon?  i know for a fact that nash has much respect for Silsbee basketball.
[/quote]

Hold it Bullets- If anyone from the political forum sees you defending me, they are going to believe the end of the world is imminent. ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="1186351" timestamp="1330306070"]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=96650.msg1186348#msg1186348 date=1330305985]
Go somewhere with that bullet13, I think you and Stevenash are brothers cause y'all both haters !!! There's room 4 you to on the bandwagon....
[/quote]

Immeasurable eloquence.
[/quote]

the Iliad, the Odyssey, and the Silsbeelecy.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1186349" timestamp="1330306006"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=96650.msg1186336#msg1186336 date=1330304417]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=96650.msg1186180#msg1186180 date=1330278646]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hold it Bullets- If anyone from the political forum sees you defending me, they are going to believe the end of the world is imminent. ;D
[/quote]

nah, i think most people who know us well, either from on or off the board, know we're the type of folks that can debate on here and still be cordial when we see each other, and agree on other things :)

[quote name="bullets13" post="1186357" timestamp="1330306292"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96650.msg1186349#msg1186349 date=1330306006]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

nah, i think most people who know us well, either from on or off the board, know we're the type of folks that can debate on here and still be cordial when we see each other, and agree on other things :)
[/quote]

as he types on his keyboard wearing a "I hate Steve Nash" T-shirt. ;) ;D

[/quote]

Are you serious? Please go the forum and look at the teams Silsbee has played and lost/won.  Silsbee will play anyone anywhere! Silsbee isn't your regular 3A school! They have a big game mentality every time they touch the court and there is a reason why ranked 5A and 4A schools wish to play them. No disrespect to ColdSprings but, don't think Silsbee plays on "luck"! I will tell you this, Silsbee has much respect for ColdSprings. They didn't make it this far for nothing. At this time of year, you can't over look anyone. Silsbee will be ready for 23rd ranked ColdSprings. FYI, this isn't Cleveland!

[quote name="bullets13" post="1186357" timestamp="1330306292"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96650.msg1186349#msg1186349 date=1330306006]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

nah, i think most people who know us well, either from on or off the board, [b]know we're the type of folks that can debate on here and still be cordial when we see each other, and agree on other things :)[/b][/quote]

Even ME!! ;D ;D....Although most on here would not believe it!! 8)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1186378" timestamp="1330308179"]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=96650.msg1186323#msg1186323 date=1330303114]
[/quote]

Are you serious? Please go the forum and look at the teams Silsbee has played and lost/won.  Silsbee will play anyone anywhere! Silsbee isn't your regular 3A school! [b]They have a big game mentality every time they touch the court and there is a reason why ranked 5A and 4A schools wish to play them.[/b] No disrespect to ColdSprings but, don't think Silsbee plays on "luck"! I will tell you this, Silsbee has much respect for ColdSprings. They didn't make it this far for nothing. At this time of year, you can't over look anyone. Silsbee will be ready for 23rd ranked ColdSprings. FYI, this isn't Cleveland!
[/quote]

And which ranked 5A teams were seeking to play Silsbee?? ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1186389" timestamp="1330308716"]
Not the point! I stated they weren't affaid to play anyone anywhere unlike some schools! Silsbee played 2 highly ranked 4A teams and some very strong 5A's. Playing in the YmBl would have gave them the opportunity to play a few ranked 5A's.
[/quote]

Well once again the ALMIGHTY Tigers did this, and did that!!! ::) ::) ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83