Hamshire-Fannett vs. Liberty Game Thread/Liberty wins 39-34!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Sportsman5" post="1177419" timestamp="1329187501"]
No it doesn't, proves that fannett coach has tons of talent and the coach got outcoached in the biggest game of the yr!!
[/quote]

I think you are wrong, the kids win or lose the game on the court. The problem is these kids listen to their parents instead of the COACH. They undermind the whole system.  ;D ;D

[quote name="Sportsman5" post="1177419" timestamp="1329187501"]
No it doesn't, proves that fannett coach has tons of talent and the coach got outcoached in the biggest game of the yr!!
[/quote]

If they had talent they would have won, but apparently Liberty had more talent. Hate to bust your bubble but it is about the "Team" some parents have lost that focus. They are about their kids and their kids only. Don't kid yourself. That is the problem with HF and not only HF.

Outcoached? Give me a break. 24 from Liberty got hot and hit some tough shots with a hand in her face in the first half. Liberty's coach knew they were outmatched at the guard position, but could defend the post and rebound which is why they played a 2-3 all night. HF missed a lot of shots and rarely got an offensive board because of it. HF's coach made a great adjustment at half. They denied 24 everywhere and made a run at a 14 point deficit. They played man-to-man very well. When 14 and 24 from Liberty drove, they played help defense and rotated...the sign of a well coached team. Liberty made their free throws in the 4th quarter, and HF just couldn't put another 5-6 point run together in the 4th.

[quote name="forum" post="1177437" timestamp="1329190321"]
Outcoached? Give me a break. 24 from Liberty got hot and hit some tough shots with a hand in her face in the first half. Liberty's coach knew they were outmatched at the guard position, but could defend the post and rebound which is why they played a 2-3 all night. HF missed a lot of shots and rarely got an offensive board because of it. HF's coach made a great adjustment at half. They denied 24 everywhere and made a run at a 14 point deficit. They played man-to-man very well. When 14 and 24 from Liberty drove, they played help defense and rotated...the sign of a well coached team. Liberty made their free throws in the 4th quarter, and HF just couldn't put another 5-6 point run together in the 4th.
[/quote]

Like this post, it is the truth.

Well a coach should never tell their team during practice or during film that "This team will be easy" no matter if the team is easy or not.......rookie coaches know not to say that....    and instead of having practice she goes and watches sealy.....

HF came out like this was goin to be easy....i wonder WHY......LIBERTY came out and SMACKED us right in the face.

HF did fight back in the second half....good season girls.

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1177464" timestamp="1329192060"]
Well a coach should never tell their team during practice or during film that "This team will be easy" no matter if the team is easy or not.......rookie coaches know not to say that....    and instead of having practice she goes and watches sealy.....

HF came out like this was goin to be easy....i wonder WHY......LIBERTY came out and SMACKED us right in the face.

[/quote]

I really don't know their coach and you may be right but I never believe anything kids say and I am sure you got your information from a kid or some estranged parent.

[quote name="Sportsman5" post="1177473" timestamp="1329192532"]
Fannett is a heck of a team, losing in the 1st round to a down liberty team uncalled for, this fannett team is a yr older this yr and last yr they went farther in the playoffs!!
[/quote]

Sounds like the kids did not stepup the plate. Coaches don't play the game the kids do.

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1177464" timestamp="1329192060"]

[/quote]
Coaches have different ways of trying to mentally prepare teams to go along with the physical preparation. [b][size=10pt]If[/size][/b] the HF coach thought that telling the team that was the right thing to do, then all you can do as a fan with a rooting interest is to trust her. The worst thing you could do is be in the other ear of a player coaching against the coach. [b][size=10pt]If[/size][/b] she thought it was better for her team to take a day off, then you have to trust her.

[quote name="forum" post="1177490" timestamp="1329195696"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=95908.msg1177464#msg1177464 date=1329192060]

[/quote]
Coaches have different ways of trying to mentally prepare teams to go along with the physical preparation. [b][size=10pt]If[/size][/b] the HF coach thought that telling the team that was the right thing to do, then all you can do as a fan with a rooting interest is to trust her. The worst thing you could do is be in the other ear of a player coaching against the coach. [b][size=10pt]If[/size][/b] she thought it was better for her team to take a day off, then you have to trust her.
[/quote]
YOU ARE WRONG

whether it was said or not.....

AS A COACH You DONT EVER TELL YOUR TEAM "THAT THEIR (THE OTHER TEAM) AREN'T THAT GOOD OR THIS SHOULD BE EASY."  YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN HINT AT IT.

YOU WANT YOUR TEAM TO COME OUT INTENSE NOT LIKE THEY GOT THIS IN THE BAG
HF HAS BEEN A SLOW STARTER IN MAJORITY OF THEIR GAMES.....WHY WOULD YOU WANT THEM TO COME OUT WITH THAT FRAME OF MIND

THIS IS A SINGLE ELEMINATION TOURNAMENT ......

APPARENTLY YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COACHING

Im in no ones ear telling anybody anything....  i let the coach coach.  But if she said what she said about this liberty team being easy......then she is totally wrong in that....  I don't care if your the 95-96 chicago bulls

[quote name="Sportsman5" post="1177411" timestamp="1329186939"]
Wow thats bad, fannett shouldn't have lost this game!!
[/quote]
Liberty won district last year, undefeated. They lost in the second round last year. This year the beat everyone except they lost to Huffman twice who got second then they lost to 1st place Splendora who would have been undefeated but the second time Liberty beat them 51-31, so I would say 3 district losses and then a 20 point beating on the district champ should earn them a little respect, then last night they were up by 16 at half but let HF hang around, so IDK why everyone thinks this was a fluke.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami