Interesting Question about district 20-4A

Had this convo the other night....If you dropped Hardin Jefferson and Silsbee in district 20-4A, where would they finish THIS SEASON? I have a pretty good idea that this will hurt some egos on here, but its just a "hypothetical" scenario...Think about the head to head competitions here with those two 3A programs... 8)...my pick: They would finish 1 and 2... ;)...What do you guys think?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174216" timestamp="1328710586"]
[b]Had this convo the other night[/b]....If you dropped Hardin Jefferson and Silsbee in district 20-4A, where would they finish THIS SEASON? I have a pretty good idea that this will hurt some egos on here, but its just a "hypothetical" scenario...Think about the head to head competitions here with those two 3A programs... 8)...my pick: They would finish 1 and 2... ;)...What do you guys think?
[/quote]

I remember that conversation. ;) ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1174221" timestamp="1328710914"]
You dropped the bait and hook in, DV, but I refuse to bite!  Nope, I won't bite!  :-X :-X  ;D ;D
[/quote]
;D ;D LOL  I have always been a pretty fair fisherman!! You KNOW you wanna answer...go ahead! It won't make you any less of a Jag!!  8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174223" timestamp="1328711162"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95677.msg1174221#msg1174221 date=1328710914]
You dropped the bait and hook in, DV, but I refuse to bite!  Nope, I won't bite!  :-X :-X  ;D ;D
[/quote]
;D ;D LOL  I have always been a pretty [b]fair fisherman!! [/b] You KNOW you wanna answer...go ahead! It won't make you any less of a Jag!!  8)
[/quote]Well, I'm not just the average red snapper.  8) 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1174227" timestamp="1328711327"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95677.msg1174223#msg1174223 date=1328711162]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95677.msg1174221#msg1174221 date=1328710914]
[/quote]
;D ;D LOL  I have always been a pretty [b]fair fisherman!! [/b] You KNOW you wanna answer...go ahead! It won't make you any less of a Jag!!  8)
[/quote]Well, I'm not just the average red snapper.  8) 8)
[/quote] B4 the day is out, I predict BMTSOULJA will give us an answer 8)

I would go THIS FAR:

1. Hardin Jefferson
2. Silsbee
3. Nederland
4. Central
5. Ozen
6. LCM
7. Livingston
8. PNG
*replacing Lumberton and Vidor with Silsbee and HJ

Tragic... :(...true, but tragic, considering the talent pools, history, and school sizes. You add two 3A programs to this district and Ozen MISSES the playoffs....just sad. :o

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174237" timestamp="1328712031"]
I would go THIS FAR:

1. Hardin Jefferson
2. Silsbee
3. Nederland
4. Central
5. Ozen
6. LCM
7. Livingston
8. PNG

Tragic... :(...true, but tragic, considering the talent pools, history, and school sizes. You add two 3A programs to this district and Ozen MISSES the playoffs....just sad. :o
[/quote] :o :o  :-X :-X (bursting at the seams)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1174248" timestamp="1328712539"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95677.msg1174237#msg1174237 date=1328712031]
I would go THIS FAR:

1. Hardin Jefferson
2. Silsbee
3. Nederland
4. Central
5. Ozen
6. LCM
7. Livingston
8. PNG

[/quote] :o :o  :-X :-X (bursting at the seams)
[/quote]let it out.You know you gonna give in to it :D

Who is this "Dick" guy?  He seems like another HJ fan that thinks he is a basketball "Guru".  Here is my question since there are so many HJ fans that run this site.  Who is the best basketball guru of yalls kind on this site?      I'm having hard time picking which one I should be taking notes from!!!  ;D

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1174780" timestamp="1328764324"]
Hmmm good topic,[b] last year I think Silsbee would have went undefeated[/b]...earlier in the year there was 5 3a schools in the top ten...I think that the talent is spread out between the Beaumont schools more than it used to be...
[/quote]

??? ::)

[quote name="#1 Manager" post="1174770" timestamp="1328762257"]
Who is this "Dick" guy?  He seems like another HJ fan that thinks he is a basketball "Guru".  Here is my question since there are so many HJ fans that run this site.  Who is the best basketball guru of yalls kind on this site?      I'm having hard time picking which one I should be taking notes from!!!  ;D
[/quote]
Son, I have FORGOTTEN more basketball than you have knowledge of currently!  8) 8) You 'll get that one sometime during second period today!!  ;D Now...Get to class!!! and take notes from me when you can get back on the site about this hoops stuff!! ;)

Sincerely,
THE "Guru"  8)

[quote name="diaperdandy19" post="1174859" timestamp="1328796091"]
I still got Nederland and maybe Ozen running this district. HJ and silsbee making the playoffs but rounding out 3rd and 4th place.
[/quote]
I would bet my left knuckle that you have not seen either of these teams play this season. ;)  Besides in head to head competition against those 3A squads this year, district 20-4A in winless... ::)...That is CRAZY! :o

If Silsbee were to play Nederland, Ozen, or Central the way they played their two games against HF or their two games against WOS, then yes indeed, they would have lost several of those games.

But also, bear in mind, although HJ beat Nederland and Central, I was hazard to guess that Nederland and Central have improved much more since those earlier games than HJ has.  Those games would be neck and neck if played during district.

Also, long term, I don't think that they would be as dominant as people might think.
I say that because, where as, in their district now, there might be 1, or 2 at most, other teams that will give them a tough game.  However, in 20-4A, it's like the SEC in football, you have to show up every week.  You cannot afford to have a bad game, or a off night.  If you do, it will result in a loss.

Think about HJ or Silsbee having a stretch where they had to play each other, Nederland, Central, Ozen, and LCM, and half of them would be as visitor.  Example HJ:

Silsbee - Away
Nederland - Home
Central - Away
Ozen - Home
LCM - Away

Flip-flop Home and Away for the second half of district.  That is a very, very, tough schedule.
Also, Livingston, Lumberton, Vidor, and PNG is no cakewalk either.  They will have to consistently play at a high level just to make the playoffs, let alone dominate the district. 
This is just my opinion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder