BMT. OZEN VS. LIVINGSTON BROADCAST/LIVINGSTON WINS 59-42!

WOSgrad

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174192" timestamp="1328709226"]
I would love to see the end of season evaluations of BISD BOYS BASKETBALL 8)....FACT: of the three BISD coaches, two of them NEVER PLAYED BASKETBALL....they were FOOTBALL coaches...Kind of puts some things in perspective, huh? :o
[/quote]

Dickie V, if it was possible for all 3 Beaumont schools to go undefeated (which I know is not possible for 2 of the 20-4A schools since they have to play each other) something negative would still be said. This is the world we have to live in being a part of BISD.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1174196" timestamp="1328709612"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95625.msg1174192#msg1174192 date=1328709226]
I would love to see the end of season evaluations of BISD BOYS BASKETBALL 8)....FACT: of the three BISD coaches, two of them NEVER PLAYED BASKETBALL....they were FOOTBALL coaches...Kind of puts some things in perspective, huh? :o
[/quote]

Dickie V, if it was possible for all 3 Beaumont schools to go undefeated (which I know is not possible for 2 of the 20-4A schools since they have to play each other) something negative would still be said. This is the world we have to live in being a part of BISD.
[/quote]

are you implying that it is in fact a good thing to hire basketball coaches with no basketball experience?  and that anybody who questions that is doing so simply because it's BISD, and not because it's a questionable coaching choice?

[quote name="uandme08" post="1174196" timestamp="1328709612"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95625.msg1174192#msg1174192 date=1328709226]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What saddens me is this...BISD HAS TALENT....However if you drop two 3A schools in district 20-4A (HJ and Silsbee) They finish 1 and 2....This should not happen...I will repeat this fact: 2 of the 3 BISD coaches never played basketball, and were initially football coaches at the start of their careers...as for the one who has played....I won't even begin to talk about that one...Question: Do you think that Katy or Southlake Carroll or North Shore would hire a FOOTBALL coach that never played FOOTBALL? I think a great injustice is being done to the kids of BISD as far as boys basketball is concerned right now...There...I said it.. >:(

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174207" timestamp="1328710243"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=95625.msg1174196#msg1174196 date=1328709612]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What saddens me is this...BISD HAS TALENT....However if you drop two 3A schools in district 20-4A (HJ and Silsbee) They finish 1 and 2....This should not happen...I will repeat this fact: 2 of the 3 BISD coaches never played basketball, and were initially football coaches at the start of their careers...as for the one who has played....I won't even begin to talk about that one...Question: Do you think that Katy or Southlake Carroll or North Shore would hire a FOOTBALL coach that never played FOOTBALL? I think a great injustice is being done to the kids of BISD as far as boys basketball is concerned right now...There...I said it.. >:(
[/quote]

Just to let you know Coach Sutherland at HJ was a football guy first and now look what he has done....

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174207" timestamp="1328710243"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But i do agree...some of the head coaches at BISD schools need to go.....some got the jobs because they new someone not because of credentials

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1174214" timestamp="1328710540"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95625.msg1174207#msg1174207 date=1328710243]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just to let you know Coach Sutherland at HJ was a football guy first and now look what he has done....
[/quote]

And that is noted...I would bet my left hand that he PLAYED basketball in at least high school..Did you think about my question? Would the elite football programs in Texas hire a head coach that has never played football before?

[size=24pt][b]NO[/b][/size]

THIS is how its always been...

You know how much flack head bb coach at nederland has taken from AD since improving the program and kids choosing to play basketball than stay in football offseason....

He's tried and convinced some football kids to play basketball too.....he s not telling them to quit football.

Its the nature of this area and TEXAS

How long are we going to accept the answer "thats just how it is in Texas"? Its not fair to the KIDS that play basketball...BISD should really re-evaluate what has taken place in their boys basketball programs in recent years...You want the BEST qualified basketball coach to TEACH your kids BASKETBALL, right? Is this what is being done, here?

Well, West Brook have been content to mediocrity for over 10 years now.  Ozen lost a Coach Boutte and now you see what have happened, and Central..  well, whatever.  I think a breath of fresh air for all 3 schools would be nice.  A basketball mind added to the already evident talent would be very nice indeed.

Another interesting fact about the state of BISD boys basketball: Did you know that Westbrook has not won a district title since 1995, when they were coached by Chris Coleman? Central has not won a district title since 1999.  ::)...How about that? NEDERLAND has won a district title more recently than these three schools have...NEDERLAND..14-0...Think about that one....Lincoln is CLOSED since 2002 and has won district more recently than 2 of the three Beaumont schools... :o

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174256" timestamp="1328713242"]
Another interesting fact about the state of BISD boys basketball: Did you know that Westbrook has not won a district title since 1995, when they were coached by Chris Coleman? Central has not won a district title since 1999.  ::)...How about that? NEDERLAND has won a district title more recently than these three schools have...NEDERLAND..14-0...Think about that one....Lincoln is CLOSED since 2002 and has won district more recently than 2 of the three Beaumont schools... :o
[/quote]
Hmmm? Who was the assistant coach on that WB team? I wonder??

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1174262" timestamp="1328713407"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95625.msg1174256#msg1174256 date=1328713242]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Who...Sam Simon?  ;D ;D...Ohhhhh, Coach E was an assistant on that West Brook squad that won district, wasn't he? ;)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174256" timestamp="1328713242"]
[/quote]
Now, Dickie, that's tacky!  ;D ;D ;D ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174266" timestamp="1328713605"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95625.msg1174262#msg1174262 date=1328713407]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95625.msg1174256#msg1174256 date=1328713242]
Another interesting fact about the state of BISD boys basketball: Did you know that Westbrook has not won a district title since 1995, when they were coached by Chris Coleman? Central has not won a district title since 1999.  ::)...How about that? NEDERLAND has won a district title more recently than these three schools have...NEDERLAND..14-0...Think about
that one....Lincoln is CLOSED since 2002 and has won district more recently than 2 of the three Beaumont schools... :o
[/quote]
[/quote]
Who...Sam Simon?  ;D ;D...Ohhhhh, Coach E was an assistant on that West Brook squad that won district, wasn't he? ;)
[/quote]
Yep!  8)

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1174267" timestamp="1328713748"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I am sorry TV, but the state of BISD hoops is sickening!  8)..I could understand it better if the kids were not there, but they ARE...Its just pitful, IMO!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1174275" timestamp="1328714167"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=95625.msg1174267#msg1174267 date=1328713748]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I am sorry TV, but the state of BISD hoops is sickening!  8)..I could understand it better if the kids were not there, but they ARE...Its just pitful, IMO!
[/quote]

I've said it before and I'll say it again I am not happy with the scheme of things at Ozen. I have never wanted my son to quit anything until this basketball season, even with the record that Ozen had in football the previous years. There have been many basketball games where I wanted to tell him to turn his stuff in and get in the car especially last night. Honestly the other 2 schools leave me with no options either. I remember when Ozen and Central were "powerhouses" and teams were intimidated by playing them, now they can't even be taken seriously.

I have a question what makes guys like Coach English and such qualified to be professional bb coachs. Do they have a major or masters from a university in bb if not why are they considered qualified just because they win maybe they can manage there talent better but cant teach squat on the court. Look at BC they fired the most winning baseball coach in BC history figure that.

I would think everyone would do a little research b4 we get to discussing coaches credentials,not sure about one coach but the one at Ozen happen to play high school basketball ,but even at that ,there are a lot of things you have to take into consideration does he have parent,community, BISD(PRINCIPAL,AD, SUPERINT, PLAYERS ETC....) and last but not least how many shots did he miss (the coach),reb. did he get ,Players Play Coaches Coach.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1174300" timestamp="1328715084"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95625.msg1174275#msg1174275 date=1328714167]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=95625.msg1174267#msg1174267 date=1328713748]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I've said it before and I'll say it again I am not happy with the scheme of things at Ozen. I have never wanted my son to quit anything until this basketball season, even with the record that Ozen had in football the previous years. There have been many basketball games where I wanted to tell him to turn his stuff in and get in the car especially last night. Honestly the other 2 schools leave me with no options either. I remember when Ozen and Central were "powerhouses" and teams were intimidated by playing them, now they can't even be taken seriously.
[/quote]

HJ? ;D ;D

[quote name="rc2182" post="1174306" timestamp="1328715292"]
I would think everyone would do a little research b4 we get to discussing coaches credentials,not sure about one coach but the one at Ozen happen to play high school basketball ,but even at that ,there are a lot of things you have to take into consideration does he have parent,community, BISD(PRINCIPAL,AD, SUPERINT, PLAYERS ETC....) and last but not least how many shots did he miss (the coach),reb. did he get ,Players Play Coaches Coach.
[/quote]
No, coaches do not shoot a single shot, however, it is the head coaches responsibility to put those kids in a POSITION to win...To lose by 17 to a Livingston team that has struggled all season to get W's, and you are fighting to try to win, what USED to be a routine district championship, is unacceptable. Say what you want, thats just the truth.  Its nothing personal, but the BISD programs are falling from greatness to medicrity seemingly overnight. Why? The kids are still there.... ::)

[quote name="rc2182" post="1174306" timestamp="1328715292"]
[/quote]
Yes there are alot of things to take into consideration but there are some things you have no control over. Honestly I don't know why the parents are not there, I have always felt that for every child participating there should be at least 1 person from the family showing support. The community is full of bandwagon fans, nobody really showed up for the football games but when they got a decent win 10 more people showed up. It's sad to look in the gym at a home game and see maybe 50 people. I understand the coach doesn't miss the shots or gets out rebounded or turns the ball over but he makes the decision as to who will be on the court. When you see a kid make a mistake, you don't bench him and not tell him what he did wrong or show him an alternative. When you have back to back turnovers, you don't call a timeout and not say nothing in the huddle. When you go down by 7 and you see some of your team getting discouraged, you don't just sit down and not say a word. There was nothing coming from Ozen's sideline last night. If it wasn't for 4 of the 12 fans that showed up, nothing would have been heard. No motivation at all and the lead was maybe 7 (if that) at the beginning of the 4th quarter. I'm no coach and never want that responsibility but I've been around long enough to know a thing or 2 IMO. Something is lacking with Ozen's basketball program and I won't put all of the blame on the coaching staff. I'm frustrated and don't want another headache from last night....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami