Goodrich vs. Chester Game Thread/Goodrich wins 109-6!!!!!!! WOW

WOSgrad

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the most DESPICABLE score I've heard of in a while!  No mercy.  If they were running a press the whole game and that's usually how those scores happen, then that's flat out sorry to treat any team that way.  Blood thirsty sap suckers!

I guess I'm just old school.....I grew up in an era where you treated other teams and coaches with respect. There was a bond between coaches that didn't allow these type of games from happening....seems to be a different mind set today. Nothing wrong with a blow out until it reaches a certain point...... there is a line that gets crossed and coaches know where it is.  I think they call it sportsmanship or lack there of.......

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1167528" timestamp="1327792138"]
I guess I'm old school too. Get your team ready. I'm putting my bench in to get some playing time but I expect my bench to play hard. W're getting ready for playoffs and no slacking.
[/quote]Can they play hard without pressing?

According to eyewitness accounts from both sides, this was totally unnecessary.

The thing is, both teams only have 8 players on varsity. So, in regards to putting reserves in and pulling starters, Goodrich had to leave 2 starters in.

Now, what is very questionable about the game was how the 2nd half was played by Goodrich. Totally unnecessary and that came from a Goodrich supporter.

Just a shame things get this way.

What comes around goes around but you still have to show some respect and not kick a team when it is that down.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1167531" timestamp="1327792537"]
According to eyewitness accounts from both sides, this was totally unnecessary.

The thing is, both teams only have 8 players on varsity. So, in regards to putting reserves in and pulling starters, Goodrich had to leave 2 starters in.

Now, what is very questionable about the game was how the 2nd half was played by Goodrich. Totally unnecessary and that came from a Goodrich supporter.

Just a shame things get this way.

What comes around goes around but you still have to show some respect and not kick a team when it is that down.
[/quote]I guess I'm not the only relic on here... ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="1167562" timestamp="1327798041"]
Perhaps they are a victim of UOS
[/quote]

oh no you di 'int.... :o  ;D. now look what UOS did at HF...oopss, threadjack alert, sorry, so to clean it up, was the 103 pt. differential due to athleticism or pure skill ( I assume the response will be both ), but at some point ......

[quote name="TeamJag-US" post="1167584" timestamp="1327800573"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95013.msg1167562#msg1167562 date=1327798041]
Perhaps they are a victim of UOS
[/quote]

oh no you di 'int.... :o  ;D. now look what UOS did at HF...oopss, threadjack alert, sorry, so to clean it up, was the 103 pt. differential due to athleticism or pure skill ( I assume the response will be both ), but at some point ......
[/quote]

Don't clean it up! Look what UOS HAS done for HF basketball.  3 yrs ago what did they win 6 games.  Last year 14, and this year are about to break the 20 win mark.  Those kids lift 3 days a week are in the middle of a coaching change and still manange to find "inspiration" to pull it out and get a W!  Say what you want but lifting has definately helped these kids, period.  It's all about a system that stays constant.  If the kids know what is expected of them and they don't know of any other way to do it, it will work.  Give it time and let the program mold the athletes to what you want them to be.  Having athletes does help though! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder