Use of Force Report from Ozen/La Marque Game

WOSgrad

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1150673" timestamp="1324821847"]
Obtained by the Beaumont Enterprise:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/feeds/item/Ozen-use-of-force-documents-7348.php
[/quote] WOW... Just shows just because one thing is happening on one side doesn't mean the same thing is happening on the other side.. looks to me according to this report.. Both teams are to blame.. They should have never been allowed to meet up at the 50 after the game... I blame that on the coaches.. from both side...

Sounds like to me oxen was the ones that not only started the fight but wouldn't leave the field when they were told to both players and parents. And sounds like the officers from bisd hurt matters than they helped and should be fired for the way they acted. If I was the officers from Baytown I would have sprayed the hell out of the players and fans and the bids officer too. What a disgrace, of course the bisd is a joke anyway. Any school district that let's someone rip them off of millions of dollars is a joke.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1150682" timestamp="1324827650"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=93454.msg1150673#msg1150673 date=1324821847]

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/feeds/item/Ozen-use-of-force-documents-7348.php
[/quote] WOW... Just shows just because one thing is happening on one side doesn't mean the same thing is happening on the other side.. looks to me according to this report.. Both teams are to blame.. They should have never been allowed to meet up at the 50 after the game... I blame that on the coaches.. from both side...
[/quote]

I do not pretend to know what all took place at this game. What I can report is that I have seen this exact behavior from players and parents from Ozen on more than one occasion. This from volleyball, basketball and football games that I had attended. I've seen parents,players and coaches from Ozen cuss,verbally assault and get physical . I am sure La Marque is no angel but it would not be hard to believe it was started by Ozen.

Looks like some are using this in order to spew their dislike for BISD yet again even though this is old news like water under the bridge.  Both teams were at fault.  Why cant we leave it at just that? 

Why was the bench clearing brawl between PN-G and Central a few years ago not blamed on the PN-G higher ups?  Why was PN-G's honor or morals questioned?

Hard to point a finger at one person or team in this fight. High emotions. Can't say what was right of wrong in this, but the issue at hand is that the 2 teams should never have been allowed to meet after the game. Just glad no one was seriously hurt. Every team will have atleast one or two kids that are very emotional and often times too outspoken. Just takes a small spark to ignite a large fire. All are to blame and whats happened has happened. Move on and get ready for next year.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1150682" timestamp="1324827650"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=93454.msg1150673#msg1150673 date=1324821847]

[/quote]

That is the most troubling part of this report as far as I am concerned.  It was so obvious that a post game handshake was going to be counterproductive given the atmosphere of the game that it appears, from this report anyway, that it was discussed and appeared that the decision was made that the handshake would not take place.  Whoever the coaches were who decided to go against this plan should have their team go through with it should have their futures with their respective school districts examined.

First things 1st alot of things like this could have been avoided had the zebra's called a official timeout during gametime and went over to the HC of both sides and tell them to get control of their players and the taunting and other things which lead to un-sportsmenlike acivities.Seen alot of it this year and last yr.Great ref's that take charge are getting hard to find.If your gonna point fingers start w/the men in blk/white.If they do nothing things tend to lead to actions such as this eventually.

[quote name="liltex" post="1150747" timestamp="1324905941"]
First things 1st alot of things like this could have been avoided had the zebra's called a official timeout during gametime and went over to the HC of both sides and tell them to get control of their players and the taunting and other things which lead to un-sportsmenlike acivities.Seen alot of it this year and last yr.Great ref's that take charge are getting hard to find.If your gonna point fingers start w/the men in blk/white.If they do nothing things tend to lead to actions such as this eventually.
[/quote]Excellent point!

[quote name="football" post="1150755" timestamp="1324909644"]
To quote CC: C'MON MAN!!! Let's blame police, bisd, Carroll Thomas, referees, coaches, john gotti,
etc.  HOW ABOUT THE BLAME BEING PLACED WHERE IT SHOULD BE: THE PLAYERS WHO ACTED OUT!!!! No player was made to throw a punch or anything else!!!
[/quote]

Ultimately, you are absolutely correct.

However, there are things that adults who are first and foremost, responsible for the safety of people still considered children, that could have done to prevent these players from having the opportunity to throw a punch, or a kick or a helmet.  According to the report above, some adults has that solution in place and others, from both the La Marque and Ozen sides, decided for whatever reason not to follow it.

Soulja, the Central PNG issue did not require Police force to break it up. It was over rather quickly with no parents running on to the field. Also if you'll remember correctly, PNG officials did something about it after the fact...They reassigned there Head Coach! This was in part the straw that broke the Camels back!

[quote name="badndn" post="1150761" timestamp="1324911126"]
Soulja, the Central PNG issue did not require Police force to break it up. It was over rather quickly with no parents running on to the field. Also if you'll remember correctly, PNG officials did something about it after the fact...They reassigned there Head Coach! This was in part the straw that broke the Camels back!
[/quote]I disagre.  Even if the Melee had not taken place, the old PN-G coach would have gotten the boot.  It was a losing season and the last game at home, you get shut out.  THAT DIDN't SIT WELL WITH THE Powers to be in the Indian administration... 

[quote name="tracker1012" post="1150830" timestamp="1324940001"]
Why leave it at that,  BISD is a complete joke!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]Completely expected from a 'Kelly' guy.  I guess it's a 'joke' wen you use about 5 BISD Joke transfer players to make a state championship run in football.So, say what you want.  If BISD is a complete jokke, what does that make Kelly?

[quote name="vp32" post="1150851" timestamp="1324943561"]
You can't argue with a police report. My question is if the BISD officer that was mentioned in the report is still employed with BISD.
[/quote]

Disputing police reports is a whole other thread, VP; however, if what the Baytown police officer submitted in his report is true, then the bisd officer should be dealt with by TCLEOSE.  It's a given that bisd won't do a thing about it.  The two departments are on opposite ends of the professional spectrum.   

No matter who was at fault - it is just a shame that this incident is what will be remembered over the accomplishment that the Ozen football team made on the field in 2011. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1150766" timestamp="1324913923"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=93454.msg1150761#msg date=1324911126]
[/quote]I disagre.  Even if the Melee had not taken place, the old PN-G coach would have gotten the boot.  It was a losing season and the last game at home, you get shut out.  THAT DIDN't SIT WELL WITH THE Powers to be in the Indian administration...
[/quote]
He was without a doubt on the hot seat before, but the fight burnt him in the arse if you know what I mean.  ;D Point being, it was handled by both schools much better than this incident. That to me should also be a reflection on the Central staff, who is also in the BISD...Meaning they handled it very well, but folks forget that. Not all of BISD is negative.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1150960" timestamp="1324999574"]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=93454.msg1150959#msg1150959 date=1324999154]
No matter who was at fault - it is just a shame that this incident is what will be remembered over the accomplishment that the Ozen football team made on the field in 2011.
[/quote] Very true!
[/quote]
LaMarque has too long a history of this sort of behaviour after losing football games.  The best thing to do in my opinion is to tell your team to go DIRECTLY to the dressing rooms after the games.  And, of course, tell the LaMarque Coach in pregame warm ups that this is what you have instructed your team to do.  Again, LaMarque has too much involvement in this sort of behaviour - so, "Defuse" the situation as much as you can.

[quote name="badndn" post="1150961" timestamp="1324999840"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93454.msg1150766#msg1150766 date=1324913923]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=93454.msg1150761#msg date=1324911126]
[/quote]
He was without a doubt on the hot seat before, but the fight burnt him in the arse if you know what I mean.  ;D Point being, it was handled by both schools much better than this incident. That to me should also be a reflection on the Central staff, who is also in the BISD...Meaning they handled it very well, but folks forget that. Not all of BISD is negative.
[/quote]Two thumbs up.  Very good observation!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder