Hardin Coach Larry Haynes

WOSgrad

Guest octfeb
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/dayton/news/hornets-haynes-among-those-stung-in-isd-budget-crisis/article_d29b48d6-06be-5c21-bdea-8fa4ea448054.html?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Here is why he is leaving.... Sounds like a real stand up guy...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest octfeb
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1155405" timestamp="1325874972"]
He won't be looking for a job for long.
[/quote] Probably not.. Maybe the West Brook job?

[quote name="octfeb" post="1155440" timestamp="1325876434"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=93238.msg1155405#msg1155405 date=1325874972]
He won't be looking for a job for long.
[/quote] Probably not.. Maybe the West Brook job?
[/quote]

I'm sure we'll see him on the list of applicants there and he did run a similar style offense as the Bruins.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1155268" timestamp="1325863411"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=93238.msg1154955#msg1154955 date=1325797896]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=93238.msg1154923#msg1154923 date=1325794703]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=93238.msg1154614#msg1154614 date=1325739069]
"done deal" is a strong statement, but I'm hearing he is the favorite of a lot of folks in power at Hardin. Also hearing that Slack is very interested in the job.
[/quote]

"done deal" is a strong statement.  Slack worked at Hardin before, and is liked by some higher authorities there...but I would hope they would consider the most qualified for the job.  I'm pretty sure there will be several apply when the position becomes available.

Bobcat55...if Slack were to take the Hardin job and leave I'm sure there will be options, but HD won't be as sought after as it once was.  Hate to say it, but HD is on  quite a downhill slide.  There will be quite the interest I bet though especially with so many coaches out of work.
[/quote]I agree with most of your post. Don't think I would say H-D is on a downhill slide. We definetly had one of our worst years ever. Missing the playoffs by going 4-6 and losing big to West Hardin, a team we have dominated forever. But let's not panic, H-D usually contends for the District Title and goes to the playoffs every year.
[/quote]

HD had a bad year because they don't have many good players.  Talent pool is definately running a little dry.  And only going to get worse I'm afraid.  What needs to happen for HD is for the UIL to get rid of the big school / small school alignments and put HD back in a weak district.  Sabine Pass, Burkeville, etc...  I've been watching HD football for a long time they will never be what they once were.  In fact, I can't think of a ''good team'' that HD has beaten in quite a few years.
[/quote]So happy we got to have an expert post about H-D football. lol. Every year encluding last season, H-D has some of the best players in district on the team. Last season Chisholm Marberry, Tyler Drake and Chris Taylor were 3 of the top players in district. Heck I can think of lots of good players in just the last few years. The talent is here, we just need kids on the field, not playing playstation at home because they don't get along with the Coaches. We did not field a JV for the first time ever last season. Parents are letting their kids be lazy and not play sports, Coaches and players not getting along so the players quit. The stands are full every friday night across Texas with kids that should be on the football field.

[quote name="goodtimes" post="1156697" timestamp="1326128399"]
Has this job open yet?  If not then how can Coach Slack be the front runner?
The Bobcats are down right now, but they always seem to pull one out of the hat in the long run.

[/quote]

Yes, Coach Haynes has resigned so the job is open.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1156698" timestamp="1326128522"]
[quote author=goodtimes link=topic=93238.msg1156697#msg1156697 date=1326128399]
The Bobcats are down right now, but they always seem to pull one out of the hat in the long run.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not necessarily..........If they promote from within, they will not open up the job.

[quote name="Grammar Police" post="1156713" timestamp="1326130124"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=93238.msg1156698#msg1156698 date=1326128522]
[quote author=goodtimes link=topic=93238.msg1156697#msg1156697 date=1326128399]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not necessarily..........If they promote from within, they will not open up the job.
[/quote]the job has to be "open" or "posted" to everyone for 10 days... Its the law...
they may have someone already in mind but even if someone transfers within the district, they still have to post the job..

Guest incognito123
If saving money is really the concern in Hardin, they will just promote from withing.  Ronald Scott or Randy Snell would do a great job as the HC/AD.  Both guys are already there, Scott is the assistant HS principal and Randy Snell coaches volleyball and softball.  Don't laugh, Snell could be a greatly successful boys football coach if he chose to be.  He was a great player and knows as much, if not more, about the game of football than any of the guys who will apply for this job.

TEX ED. CODE ANN. § 11.1513 : Texas Statutes - Section 11.1513: EMPLOYMENT POLICY

(a) The board of trustees of each independent school district shall adopt a policy providing for the employment and duties of district personnel. The employment policy must provide that:

(1) the board employs and evaluates the superintendent;

(2) the superintendent has sole authority to make recommendations to the board regarding the selection of all personnel other than the superintendent, except that the board may delegate final authority for those decisions to the superintendent; and

(3) each principal must approve each teacher or staff appointment to the principal's campus as provided by Section 11.202.

(b) The board of trustees may accept or reject the superintendent's recommendation regarding the selection of district personnel and shall include the board's acceptance or rejection in the minutes of the board's meeting, as required under Section 551.021, Government Code, in the certified agenda or tape recording required under Section 551.103, Government Code, or in the recording required under Section 551.125 or 551.127, Government Code, as applicable. If the board rejects the superintendent's recommendation, the superintendent shall make alternative recommendations until the board accepts a recommendation.

(c) The employment policy may:

(1) specify the terms of employment with the district;

(2) delegate to the superintendent the authority to determine the terms of employment with the district; or

(3) include a provision for providing each current district employee with an opportunity to participate in a process for transferring to another school in or position with the district.

[b](d) The employment policy must provide that not later than the 10th school day before the date on which a district fills a vacant position for which a certificate or license is required as provided by Section 21.003, other than a position that affects the safety and security of students as determined by the board of trustees, the district must provide to each current district employee:

(1) notice of the position by posting the position on:

(A) a bulletin board at:

(i) a place convenient to the public in the district's central administrative office; and

(ii) the central administrative office of each campus in the district during any time the office is open; and

(B) the district's Internet website, if the district has a website; and

(2) a reasonable opportunity to apply for the position.[/b]

(e) If, during the school year, the district must fill a vacant position held by a teacher, as defined by Section 21.201, in less than 10 school days, the district:

(1) must provide notice of the position in the manner described by Subsection (d)(1) as soon as possible after the vacancy occurs;

(2) is not required to provide the notice for 10 school days before filling the position; and

(3) is not required to comply with Subsection (d)(2).

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1154247" timestamp="1325690597"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=93238.msg1152983#msg1152983 date=1325396018]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=93238.msg1152632#msg1152632 date=1325284038]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=93238.msg1150658#msg1150658 date=1324787231]
Joe Allen slack from hd. I hear he is held in high esteem by many members of the community. He will definitely be a candidate.
[/quote]Why would Coach Slack leave his alma mater H-D to go to Hardin? Money? More kids? H-D had no JV last season.
[/quote]

All of the above.  Facilities, talent pool, etc. etc......

Hardin has become a better job than HD.  Nostalgia is a great thing, but when you compare the two....in 2011 and beyond....Hardin is the clear cut better job.  Besides, Slack is starting to get the reputation as a guy who still has his job due to the fact that he is a HD graduate and his parents own the restaurant across the street.  He has had no success.  As a matter of fact, he has underachieved.  Some of the teams he has had should've done lots more than they did.  His first few years, they had enough talent to go several rounds deep in 1A, and they couldn't even get out of the first round.  Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why Hardin would want him, but that is the rumor.  Take it for what it's worth.
[/quote] Very good points made in your post. I do agree Hardin has way better facilities hands down. Hardin's turf field is awesome. I agree Coach Slack may want to reach out and prove people wrong regarding favor to him in H-D. For the record I feel Coach Slack has done a decent job, not a great job. I do not agree that Hardin has a better talent pool than H-D. H-D has the ability to bring in athletes not just from H-D, but from Raywood, Devers and Ames. Many great athletes have come from those surrounding towns. Problem is now our Coaches don't go after players like they use to. I remember my H-D Coaches going to the homes of kids back in the day, talking with the parents and incouraging kids to play. Not these days. H-D failed to field a JV football team for the first time last season. H-D may need some new faces and new energy. The genes and tradition are still in our community. I pray our Coaches, parents and kids can come together and get these kids off the playstations and on the fields. Go Bobcats!
[/quote]
Ames is locked by Liberty. Aside from Braxton who would have saw limited time on Liberty's junior varsity this season, any of the kids from Ames that can play go to Liberty.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1155591" timestamp="1325894102"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=93238.msg1155268#msg1155268 date=1325863411]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=93238.msg1154955#msg1154955 date=1325797896]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=93238.msg1154923#msg1154923 date=1325794703]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=93238.msg1154614#msg1154614 date=1325739069]
"done deal" is a strong statement, but I'm hearing he is the favorite of a lot of folks in power at Hardin. Also hearing that Slack is very interested in the job.
[/quote]

"done deal" is a strong statement.  Slack worked at Hardin before, and is liked by some higher authorities there...but I would hope they would consider the most qualified for the job.  I'm pretty sure there will be several apply when the position becomes available.

Bobcat55...if Slack were to take the Hardin job and leave I'm sure there will be options, but HD won't be as sought after as it once was.  Hate to say it, but HD is on  quite a downhill slide.  There will be quite the interest I bet though especially with so many coaches out of work.
[/quote]I agree with most of your post. Don't think I would say H-D is on a downhill slide. We definetly had one of our worst years ever. Missing the playoffs by going 4-6 and losing big to West Hardin, a team we have dominated forever. But let's not panic, H-D usually contends for the District Title and goes to the playoffs every year.
[/quote]

HD had a bad year because they don't have many good players.  Talent pool is definately running a little dry.  And only going to get worse I'm afraid.  What needs to happen for HD is for the UIL to get rid of the big school / small school alignments and put HD back in a weak district.  Sabine Pass, Burkeville, etc...  I've been watching HD football for a long time they will never be what they once were.  In fact, I can't think of a ''good team'' that HD has beaten in quite a few years.
[/quote]So happy we got to have an expert post about H-D football. lol. Every year encluding last season, H-D has some of the best players in district on the team. Last season Chisholm Marberry, Tyler Drake and Chris Taylor were 3 of the top players in district. Heck I can think of lots of good players in just the last few years. The talent is here, we just need kids on the field, not playing playstation at home because they don't get along with the Coaches. We did not field a JV for the first time ever last season. Parents are letting their kids be lazy and not play sports, Coaches and players not getting along so the players quit. The stands are full every friday night across Texas with kids that should be on the football field.
[/quote]

You're so blinded by history.  How can you possibly say there is still talent there?  None of those kids you mentioned have ever experienced better than a 3rd place finish...out of 5.  None of those kids have ever beaten a "good" team.  Yeah I know that they didn't field a JV...but I've heard about how HD's junior high has done last couple of years.  Talent's gone pal.  There's no way any kids walking the halls at HD would've made the outcome of this year any different. 

Guest jacobmccandles
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1157153" timestamp="1326171788"]
TEX ED. CODE ANN. § 11.1513 : Texas Statutes - Section 11.1513: EMPLOYMENT POLICY

(a) The board of trustees of each independent school district shall adopt a policy providing for the employment and duties of district personnel. The employment policy must provide that:

(2) the superintendent has sole authority to make recommendations to the board regarding the selection of all personnel other than the superintendent, except that the board may delegate final authority for those decisions to the superintendent; and

(3) each principal must approve each teacher or staff appointment to the principal's campus as provided by Section 11.202.

(b) The board of trustees may accept or reject the superintendent's recommendation regarding the selection of district personnel and shall include the board's acceptance or rejection in the minutes of the board's meeting, as required under Section 551.021, Government Code, in the certified agenda or tape recording required under Section 551.103, Government Code, or in the recording required under Section 551.125 or 551.127, Government Code, as applicable. [color=red][size=10pt][i][i][b]If the board rejects the superintendent's recommendation, the superintendent shall make alternative recommendations until the board accepts a recommendation.
[/b][/i][/i][/size][/color]
This LAW was broken five years ago at a school mentioned in this post. 

[/quote]

[quote name="jacobmccandles" post="1157385" timestamp="1326224774"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=93238.msg1157153#msg1157153 date=1326171788]

(b) The board of trustees may accept or reject the superintendent's recommendation regarding the selection of district personnel and shall include the board's acceptance or rejection in the minutes of the board's meeting, as required under Section 551.021, Government Code, in the certified agenda or tape recording required under Section 551.103, Government Code, or in the recording required under Section 551.125 or 551.127, Government Code, as applicable. [color=red][size=10pt][i][i][b]If the board rejects the superintendent's recommendation, the superintendent shall make alternative recommendations until the board accepts a recommendation.
[/b][/i][/i][/size][/color]
This LAW was broken five years ago at a school mentioned in this post. 

[/quote]
[/quote]

This law wasn't in existence 5 years ago.  It was passed into law by the 2007 legislature.

[quote name="jacobmccandles" post="1157841" timestamp="1326284366"]
The section of the law that I quoted was MOST certainly in existence in the spring of 2007.  That is FIVE SCHOOL years ago. 
[/quote]

Guess if it was on the books for the 07-08 school year. But given the short time between legislative sessions and school year beginnings, probably not.

[quote name="jacobmccandles" post="1158138" timestamp="1326310941"]
Laws usually go into effect January 1. Thus, it was in place in the spring of 07.
[/quote]

Think about it, if a law was voted on in the 2007 Legislature, how could it be in effect on Janaury 1st!?  I checked and some version of this law was in place at the time, but the latest of amendments went into effect on September 1, 2007.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1163267" timestamp="1327081412"]
I think I heard somewhere that the search would begin the middle of next month (?)
[/quote]

Might want to start looking before the alignments come out.  If they look anything like they do now it might scare off a few applicants  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder