BILL TENNISON MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT (OF)/HAMSHIRE-FANNETT WINS THE TOURNEY!

WOSgrad

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1144146" timestamp="1323573733"]
Way to go HF!!! Good job-Kick butt
[/quote]

Congrats to HF no doubt but lets think about this, This tournament was weak.  Not a good measuring stick to say the least for any team in this tournament. I will say this, HF if they keep playing like the are will contend for a playoff spot. But don't count out the bobcats. This will be a interesting year to say the least.

Orange Leader has final at 53-48.  I think what Wildcatter is talking about is that they need to move the date of the tournament so maybe they can draw more teams.  With the Nederland and HJ tournament going on the same weekend, the quality of teams has dropped dramatically.  Just 4 years ago, they had teams such as Nederland, PNG, Silsbee, LC-M.  Those teams are playing elsewhere now.  Coaches need to take a look at it.

[quote name="bballgod" post="1144281" timestamp="1323615290"]
Orange Leader has final at 53-48.  I think what Wildcatter is talking about is that they need to move the date of the tournament so maybe they can draw more teams.  With the Nederland and HJ tournament going on the same weekend, the quality of teams has dropped dramatically.  Just 4 years ago, they had teams such as Nederland, PNG, Silsbee, LC-M.  Those teams are playing elsewhere now.  Coaches need to take a look at it.
[/quote]I truly understand his point. But my point being is that 'most" highly competitive teams go where the competition is playing. Nederland is a prime example. English has built relationships outside this area to pull in top area teams to their tourneys.

Not talking outside of area but trying to get good local teams into tourney.  Maybe try an Orange County type tourney to look at the dates.  Not looking to get SOC type teams but I think if teams have alternative to like the EC tourney they might consider.  It would then open us up to play in other tournament. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder