*#2 SILSBEE vs. WEST BROOK (YMBL) Broadcast thread*/SILSBEE WINS 68-42!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1136623" timestamp="1322772687"]
Well HJ might be better than Silsbee. At least Silsbee has the balls to play in a tourney they aren't  guaranteed to beat everyone by 60 this year.
[/quote]

HJ won the Championship of the AP tournament last year by 2!!!!!!!!

Also, BadSanta just what do you call the Woodville tourney that Silsbee has played in the last few years????

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1136395" timestamp="1322761162"]
A Win is a Win.... Silsbee is to deep and quick for HJ !!!! Watch and see
[/quote]

Hahahaha.  that's funny.  I'm not saying Silsbee can't beat HJ (HJ has been the "inferior team" in the matchup for the past several years but always seems to manage a win somehow), but this assertion is asinine.

Oh I wouldn't say HJ has been the inferior team the last several years . Maybe the last year or two, I would have felt the Tigers were the favorites andnot really even last year before the season started. This year HJ has the favorite role but after seeing these Tigers in action, it is not as big a favorite ai would have thought. Yes two years ago I didnt think HJ would best the Tigers yet they did so hopefully this year my Tigers can do the same

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1136623" timestamp="1322772687"]
Well HJ might be better than Silsbee. At least Silsbee has the balls to play in a tourney they aren't  guaranteed to beat everyone by 60 this year.
[/quote]

HJ plays in the AP tournament because it has the format basically that the HJ tournament does.  Guaranteed a 6 game minimum!!!!!  More games is better than only playing in 2-3 per tournament!!!!

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1136409" timestamp="1322761738"]
TRUE Lazeek, but thats one of the "WEAKEST" tournaments in Texas !!!
  I understand you trying to put wins in the win column but dang... Go play some known name schools.
[/quote]

For how many  years have you been driving around Texas and rating the tournaments?  A tournament is only as strong as the teams that are in it and each year is different.

So did I offend you? Name a quality team HJ will play in a tourney this year? You beat Central and Nederland which are good wins.local teams! Play in a 5A or 4A tourney vs someone besides the school for the blind and then get at me. All you do is play in these weak tourney games to stack your record up so that when it comes time to end the season you can say, hey we went 39-2 with 2 loses to Silsbee. gTFOHWTBS!

Again you don't quite understand my point.  You and others question the schedule of the Hawks every year.  Your main reason being because "it gets you ready for the playoffs."  Well your "tough" schedule left you sitting at home with ZERO playoff wins last year.  Congratulations on that!  At least you can say you played a tough schedule though  ;)

My point is these coaches know what they are doing and if all of you have not figured that out yet it shows pure stupidity.  Just stating facts!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1137128" timestamp="1322837670"]
Ok.  I see the words 'all of you' and 'stupidity', which bring about the question:

Who?  Me?
[/quote]

If you believe the words badsanta says and you doubt their scheduling then yes.  If not then no.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1137125" timestamp="1322837551"]
Yep the same way Mexia sent you back to our neck of the woods right? Maybe a tough schedule would of had you prepared for that? Just stating facts! No disrespect! HJ is scared to play teams in Dallas and Houston. keepin it real!
[/quote]

HJ schedule has been basically the same for many years and few, if any local teams, have the playoff accomplishments that HJ does.  And, no, a game with Dallas Kimball in late November would have had absolutely ZERO  (read it again- ZERO) bearing on the outcome of the playoff loss to Mexia.  Simply stated, Mexia was the better team at that time of the season just as HJ was simply better than Silsbee at that time of the season.  If you want to keep it ALL REAL, grab your clubs and come to Beaumont and quit" being afraid to play Sleepy and Lazeek"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami