**10-2A Div. I ALL-DISTRICT Teams**

[quote name="ECbucs#1!" post="1136683" timestamp="1322777059"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92378.msg1135245#msg1135245 date=1322634943]
14 EC guys on the first team offense and defense. 6 on the second team offense and defense. Man that EC team was loaded!
[/quote]
Loaded  ::) This was the year that we werent even supposed to make the playoffs lol.
[/quote]
I know right. And i meant loaded as a good thing ECbucs#1!

Congrats to all the players. But there are definitely ALOT of arguementa on this list. Like the fact that Kountze has 11the picks. More than woodville, buna, and anahuac.

There are a couplethat are questionable, but don't be too quick to take the honor away from some of the Kountze players.  I think there were several really good players on the the Lions' team this year....but even really good players need to be coached!!!

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1134775" timestamp="1322607295"]
Congrats to all the players. But there are definitely ALOT of arguementa on this list. Like the fact that Kountze has 11the picks. More than woodville, buna, and anahuac.
[/quote]

These teams were voted on by the coaches of the district. Maybe you should question your own coach before you cast doubts on the kids that made it. Did he even put forth any names, etc.?

[quote name="vp32" post="1136890" timestamp="1322795236"]
[quote author=ECbucs#1! link=topic=92378.msg1136683#msg1136683 date=1322777059]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92378.msg1135245#msg1135245 date=1322634943]
14 EC guys on the first team offense and defense. 6 on the second team offense and defense. Man that EC team was loaded!
[/quote]
Loaded  ::) This was the year that we werent even supposed to make the playoffs lol.
[/quote]
I know right. And i meant loaded as a good thing ECbucs#1!
[/quote]
Haha I know but just pointing that out. haha

[quote name="lovethegame2012" post="1137496" timestamp="1322857176"]

There are a couplethat are questionable, but don't be too quick to take the honor away from some of the Kountze players.  I think there were several really good players on the the Lions' team this year....but even really good players need to be coached!!!
[/quote]
Yeah I agree with a few of them. I definitely dont think there are 11 all-district players on that team though.

• 5 weeks later...
Can y'all help me out? Sorry to sound stupid but what is the purpose of this list? The reason I ask is because I just found out today my son is on the list. He didn't know a word about it. I don't think his coaches told him anything at all. I started looking because in our local paper this week they had listed him as an All chambers county football team pick & I had no idea what that was about either so I asked one of the coaches & he filled me in. I asked if it was something to help with college. He said no, but being selected for all district was more prestigious. I was like ok I didn't know about that either so I figured I'd get on setx & look it up & of course I find this thread with a link. So thanks for all yalls information!!

Thanks Wos. Can you believe the article about district wasn't even in our paper.  The link y'all have posted was in the Beaumont paper. It was a aggravating, frustrating football season this year. It's his senior year, being a mom, I wanted to be able to save clippings etc for memories etc. well, I joined the booster 100 club  & made it a point to go to meetings cuz they never tell us anything. Well, at one of the meetings they were reading & said the defensive player of the week - billy joe griffin. So I was like yay! They said, is that yours? Lol. Yeah, I didn't grow up here so they don't know me. So, I was excited. A week went by, nothing in the paper. So I emailed the secretary of the booster club & asked her what the purpose was for naming the player of the week. I know it was a stupid question. She said for recognition. That they usually put a write up in the paper. Then I went to the website to pull the minutes, well that was still last years minutes!! So I emailed her again. I work shift work so I had missed some of the meetings. I asked for her to email me all the minutes. He had been defensive player of the week several times. They went about 3 weeks with no write ups on varsity football. They did have the freshman or JV in the paper. Then the one week they did do a write up the players they listed with their pictures for players of the week were NOT even the players of the week according to the minutes on record!!! I grew up in deer park & was not used to the small school, lack or organization. Then when they did have write ups they only talked about a select few over & over.

Sorry just a frustrated mom venting!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder