FRED WILLIAMS CLASSIC update thread/All finals!!!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This H-J team is for real.  The talent we have will win us district. A long season is missing the playoffs or coming in 4th place.  We'll be ok, trust me.  Area for improvement.  Free throws.  We need to press a lot more.  We have the length.  Now, this Prudhomme kid is a beast.  We had NO answer for him.  When H-J needed a bug bucket, they got it from him.  We need to find a way to get our best player in positions to do damage.

H-J - 74

Central - 61

Final

Big Ford, we have a big time player  too. H-J put him in great positions to cause damage...  Our coach wouldn't get up and call a single play.  He rather sit there and look cool.  Not once did he try to argue a call or call a timeout to adjust to H-J's trapping defense.  Just like I've stated before, our overall team talent will be enough for most of the games this year.  We'll probably win didtrict on talent alone.  But at some point, we will need our prime time players to step up.  Tonight, Prudhomme came through in a major way all over the court.  Not saying that Smith from Central didn't, because I know he had a big game and got a few dunks (since some people seem to think this is a new kind of stat even though a dunk, in my book is still 2 points), but we needed him in that run we had in the third period.  We need plays to get him open.  I'll take that loss on the chin to H-J.  They are a good team and they will give their district and most in the state fits.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1129890" timestamp="1322263061"]
It's hard to call plays when your lips are sealed shut. No Timouts being called or nothing. We expect a dep playoff run and we're not even competing with a 3a school. I know H-J is good, but geesh, show some fire and urgency. Lets see what we'll do in the second half.
[/quote] A 3-A school. Sorry, but Central should be ashamed!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1130606" timestamp="1322277274"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=92211.msg1129890#msg date=1322263061]
It's hard to call plays when your lips are sealed shut. No Timouts being called or nothing. We expect a dep playoff run and we're not even competing with a 3a school. I know H-J is good, but geesh, show some fire and urgency. Lets see what we'll do in the second half.
[/quote]We're not ashamed at all.  We'll be fine.  I just hope our staff will have a better game plan when we face another good team. We've done good.  Had it would have been anyone else, H-J would have probably beaten them by 30+ points.  They're that good.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1130646" timestamp="1322278747"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92211.msg1130606#msg date=1322277274]
[/quote]We're not ashamed at all.  We'll be fine.  I just hope our staff will have a better game plan when we face another good team. We've done good.  Had it would have been anyone else, H-J would have probably beaten them by 30+ points.  They're that good.
[/quote]

Its way too early in the season to be concerned about a loss.  At this point last year, HJ had consecutive losses to Nederland and Central and wound up in the regional tourney.  It matters more to what degree a team improves from this point forward.  Sometimes players (no matter how good they are or supposed to be) must take what the defense gives them.  Its pretty difficult to try to shake and bake your way to a layup against the Hawks.  You also need to have some threats from the outside.  Except for the first couple of threes that Smith attempted, not much fell from the outside for Central.  I also believe that Smith being in foul trouble crippled him to some degree.  Central is extremely athletic and fast.  From my viewpoint, they just need to make better adjustments to what the other team is doing.  In most instances, their athleticism will carry them through, but it wont always be that way.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1130665" timestamp="1322279912"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=92211.msg1130646#msg date=1322278747]
[/quote]

Its way too early in the season to be concerned about a loss.  At this point last year, HJ had consecutive losses to Nederland and Central and wound up in the regional tourney.  It matters more to what degree a team improves from this point forward.  Sometimes players (no matter how good they are or supposed to be) must take what the defense gives them.  Its pretty difficult to try to shake and bake your way to a layup against the Hawks.  You also need to have some threats from the outside.  Except for the first couple of threes that Smith attempted, not much fell from the outside for Central.  I also believe that Smith being in foul trouble crippled him to some degree.  Central is extremely athletic and fast.  From my viewpoint, they just need to make better adjustments to what the other team is doing.  In most instances, their athleticism will carry them through, but it wont always be that way.
[/quote]Great analysis!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1130681" timestamp="1322280430"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=92211.msg1130665#msg date=1322279912]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=92211.msg1130646#msg date=1322278747]
[/quote]

[/quote]Great analysis!
[/quote]Nash is a politician. He tell people what they want to believe ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami