Sickening

SKINS

The school district should have immediatly suspended these players. I know-everyone is innocent till proven guilty. What has happened to discipline and common sense. Something this violent should be a no brainer to school administrators. I suppose that if these punks are proven guilty MAYBE the state equal to our UIL could strip their title but that will not help the teams they defeated to get there. Truly bad stuff.

[quote name="coach pops" post="1126063" timestamp="1321845909"]
The school district should have immediatly suspended these players. I know-everyone is innocent till proven guilty. What has happened to discipline and common sense. Something this violent should be a no brainer to school administrators. I suppose that if these punks are proven guilty MAYBE the state equal to our UIL could strip their title but that will not help the teams they defeated to get there. Truly bad stuff.
[/quote]
It shouldnt help the teams that got defeated.. Thats not the point. Eligibility/performance enhancing is one thing, but a criminal act that doesnt improve performance on the field is another. I hate to be the devils advocate here but if there has been no trial and no conviction, then these kids are still innocent. What happened to the Duke lacrosse team was a tradgedy.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1126123" timestamp="1321850772"]
[quote author=coach pops link=topic=91963.msg1126063#msg1126063 date=1321845909]
[/quote]
It shouldnt help the teams that got defeated.. Thats not the point. Eligibility/performance enhancing is one thing, but a criminal act that doesnt improve performance on the field is another. I hate to be the devils advocate here but if there has been no trial and no conviction, then these kids are still innocent. What happened to the Duke lacrosse team was a tradgedy.
[/quote]True. Gonna be a bad deal however it is handled. My wife is a school administrator. There are many things that happen on and off campus. School districts have lawyers.  schools handle these things through stringent legal parameters. She doesnt talk about these proceedings. Unethical and probably illegal. I dont know. Maybe its different on collegiate levels. I do know there are penalties to students for bullying but Im not well informed on these things. In the days of my youth it was different. 

It doesn't matter if they are truly guilty.  Being in any way involved in something like this reflects badly on the school.  They should be suspended immediately.  I know that (at least it used to) it states in the VHS Handbook that if you are charged with a violent crime or a crime involving drugs, you are immediately suspended from school and potentially expelled.  Wouldn't be playing football then.

"The information that was presented to us raised significant concern as to whether some of the players were even present or involved with this alleged altercation," Wayne school board president Donald Pavlak Jr. told the Star-Ledger. "We heard from two independent witnesses and we saw some evidence. It made it very difficult for us to maintain the superintendent's decision at the time.

This did not take place on school property or at a school function.. I think it should be handled by the Law not the school just saying

I don't think a coach establish as Olson would throw all his creditablity out the window for some knuckle heads if the story was as reported. Sounds like it's some info left out that allows him to think that it is Ok for these young men to play. I think that me as a parent would of taken care of my kid playing myself. He would be sitting out period as a life lesson. If that is the case we might as well call him Joe Pa.

' "The information that was presented to us raised significant concern as to whether some of the players were even present or involved with this alleged altercation," Wayne school board president Donald Pavlak Jr. told the Star-Ledger. "We heard from two independent witnesses and we saw some evidence. It made it very difficult for us to maintain the superintendent's decision at the time." '

This is your answer. Hopefully the boom will drop on those actually responsible, but until you determine who that really is, you can't take ultimate actions. To destroy the season and life of someone that is completely innocent would just make it worse.

Just playing devils Advocate.

"The players were allowed to participate in the team's first state playoff game after the charges were levied."

So are you guilty of a crime if someone says you did it, and your charged with a crime?

If so and you believe this give me your name and number and i'll say you punched me at a bar at 5:13 PM in the bathroom alone... Should you lose your job over it?

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1126293" timestamp="1321896195"]
I think some more information has to come out before a conclusion can be made.  I do think they should be excluded if charged with a crime.  [b]Obviously there is enough [/b] [b]evidence if they are charged. [/b]  I can't imagine how the kids that got beat up must feel.
[/quote]

Not always...believe it or not.
You would think...but not always...

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1126123" timestamp="1321850772"]
[quote author=coach pops link=topic=91963.msg1126063#msg1126063 date=1321845909]
[/quote]
[/quote]I agree!! How soon we forget when trying to be judge and jury.

[quote name="belle-mere" post="1126782" timestamp="1321919307"]
Am I not right?  In Texas if a student is charged with a felony, the superintendent is notified by local law enforcement agencies, and the student goes to DAEP, therefore not allowed to participate in extracurriculuar activities.
[/quote]

That is how it always was when I was in school and that wasn't too terribly long ago.

Well persnally, having graduated not to long ago myself, if they were proven to even be at that party they would not be playing. I think we all know whats going on during these parties these days and its obvious they don't have their priotities straight.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder