CROSBY vs. VIDOR...... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Who wins?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Crosby
    • Vidor

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1106727" timestamp="1320563901"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=90987.msg1106690#msg1106690 date=1320555968]
mytwocents, I'm not happy about this Thursday night stuff. What's your take on it??
[/quote]
Well honestly I like it and don't like it for certain reasons. I like it cuz they don't have much time to prepare for our offense and that plays to our advantage and i like it cuz its sooner than friday  8)

I don't like it cuz we don't have much time to practice ourselves for there offense and we have less time than usual to recover from Friday's game.

Other than that its just another day in my opinion.
[/quote]

Barbers Hill runs the same offense, but I'll be there rooting for you guys.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1106701" timestamp="1320556871"]
1) Crosby only has 2 days to learn to defend the wing-t.
2) Ozen and Livingston probably have better athletes than Crosby and Vidor shut them down.
3) Crosby has 4 losses, Vidor only 2.
4) Crosby beat Barbers Hill but they haven't impressed anyone since beating Nederland. 
5) Crosby beat PN-G but PN-G has improved a bunch, Crosby hasn't.
6) This game is in Vidor's backyard.
7) Vidor has more heart, and will always play 4 quarters of football.
Refer to points 1-7. Vidor by 5 TDs.
[/quote]
WOW. From someone who has seen both to respond to your points.
1. Crosby just played BH this past week so actually they have been preparing for this offense for two weeks.
2. Crosby has just as many athletes as Ozen or Livingston. The Walters twins at QB and RB are very good FB players. And #76 is the biggest HS FB player these eyes have ever seen!
3. Lamarque had four loses last year and almost won it all. 4 losses mean little at this point. They played Montgomery, PNG and Dawson pre-district!!! They also have good wins over BH and PNG.
4. Wrong...BH beat Dayton and put a whoopin on Goose Creek. Beating BH is a very good W.
5. PNG has improved a lot on defense since the Crosby game, but to say Crosby hasn't improved???They beat two of the three playoff teams from their district.
6. Vidor will have an edge in the crowd. Thurday game will draw alot of local 20 4A fans (myself included).
7. I always get a kick out of the "More Heart" statement. Heart can't be measured!!!

Really 5 TD's??? Vidor has scored 5 TD's 3 times all year and the only team they beat by more than 3 TDs was a very bad 3A (soon to be 2A) KVille team and you think they will beat a pretty good playoff team by 35? Good Luck with that.

I will be at LU rooting on the Pirates, but I will not predict a W. Crosby will be a tuff out. Remember they have a recent history of knocking off 20 4A round 1.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="badndn" post="1106876" timestamp="1320596103"]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=90987.msg1106701#msg1106701 date=1320556871]
2) Ozen and Livingston probably have better athletes than Crosby and Vidor shut them down.
4) Crosby beat Barbers Hill but they haven't impressed anyone since beating Nederland. 
[/quote]
1. Crosby just played BH this past week so actually they have been preparing for this offense for two weeks.
2. Crosby has just as many athletes as Ozen or Livingston. The Walters twins at QB and RB are very good FB players. And #76 is the biggest HS FB player these eyes have ever seen!
3. Lamarque had four loses last year and almost won it all. 4 losses mean little at this point. They played Montgomery, PNG and Dawson pre-district!!! They also have good wins over BH and PNG.
4. Wrong...BH beat Dayton and put a whoopin on Goose Creek. Beating BH is a very good W.
5. PNG has improved a lot on defense since the Crosby game, but to say Crosby hasn't improved???They beat two of the three playoff teams from their district.
6. Vidor will have an edge in the crowd. Thurday game will draw alot of local 20 4A fans (myself included).
7. I always get a kick out of the "More Heart" statement. Heart can't be measured!!!

Really 5 TD's??? Vidor has scored 5 TD's 3 times all year and the only team they beat by more than 3 TDs was a very bad 3A (soon to be 2A) KVille team and you think they will beat a pretty good playoff team by 35? Good Luck with that.

I will be at LU rooting on the Pirates, but I will not predict a W. Crosby will be a tuff out. Remember they have a recent history of knocking off 20 4A round 1.
[/quote]

Your sarcasm detector needs new batteries.

Wow, glad to see so much conversation about this game.  I'm not going to pretend to know much about Crosby, other than what I've read about on here. They sound like a team that is loaded with talent.  This should be a great game.

I've been impressed with our Pirates all year long.  They are playing with a purpose, and I don't believe those boys are ready for this ride to end.  Vidor 28 - Crosby 21

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1106599" timestamp="1320551261"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90987.msg1106479#msg1106479 date=1320544856]
I've only seen Vidor lose to Nederland in the 1st round of the playoffs in 2000 at Lamar. 

This is the playoffs and it is high school.  Any team can win.  Just how the cookie crumbles.

And how could anyone think Lamar University is in Orange and be from this side of Texas?  Really?
[/quote]

I have never lived in the Beaumont area. Never been to Lamar.

Never spent time in Beaumont. As Houston and Humble are much closer... that's how.

@Husker.
Crosby is not Twins or bust. TD pass was to Rahim Lamarque (that's misspelled), and our 2nd string back/Wide out Jacoby Scott is an absolute game changer.

Not to mention our QB won't be playing both ways and thus if this gets into a shootout that's going to hurt Vidor. 

p.s. We are not Ozen. Ozen is not us. And we haven't been one dimensional since Districts started, it's not like its a new trend. we pass the ball and we run it very effectively. Also Ask BH Austin Walter is a weapon in the passing game as well as the running game.

[b]Vidor has not seen a back this year with the quickness Austin Walter has.[/b]

Now does that mean that we are gonna walk all over vidor, absolutely not.

I'm telling you theirs not a back in the Area that is better than this kid. And his Brother is a heck of a football player to, so its a pick your poison moment when they run the option.
[/quote]

Vidor has seen many a quick and fast back this season.

Jones for Ozen, Sezar of LCM, Benjamin of Nederland, ect, ect. These guys have just as much speed and quickness as Walter of Crosby has. (Sezar of LCM finished 7th in state in 4A 100 meters last year)

[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=90987.msg1106701#msg1106701 date=1320556871]
[/quote]

Really 5 TD's??? Vidor has scored 5 TD's 3 times all year and the only [b]team they beat by more than 3 TDs was a very bad 3A (soon to be 2A) KVille [/b]team and you think they will beat a pretty good playoff team by 35? Good Luck with that.

[/quote]

badndn just because Kirbyville is in a rebuilding year you have no cause to call them names...Kirbyville to my knowledge has never said anything bad about PNG... I haven't either up till now,Just because wer'e a small school don't give you the right to down us...So keep your mighty Indians and all your negative comments in PNG I don't want to hear anymore of them...

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1106909" timestamp="1320600103"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=90987.msg1106876#msg1106876 date=1320596103]
[/quote]

Really 5 TD's??? Vidor has scored 5 TD's 3 times all year and the only [b]team they beat by more than 3 TDs was a very bad 3A (soon to be 2A) KVille [/b]team and you think they will beat a pretty good playoff team by 35? Good Luck with that.

[/quote]

badndn just because Kirbyville is in a rebuilding year you have no cause to call them names...Kirbyville to my knowledge has never said anything bad about PNG... I haven't either up till now,Just because wer'e a small school don't give you the right to down us...So keep your mighty Indians and all your negative comments in PNG I don't want to hear anymore of them...
[/quote]

Great response

Guest Pirate_pride_07
1. [size=10pt][b]Crosby just played BH this past week so actually they have been preparing for this offense for two weeks[/b][/size].
3. Lamarque had four loses last year and almost won it all. 4 losses mean little at this point. They played Montgomery, PNG and Dawson pre-district!!! [size=10pt][b]They also have good wins over BH and PNG[/b][/size].

Really 5 TD's??? Vidor has scored 5 TD's 3 times all year and the only team they beat by more than 3 TDs was a [size=10pt][b]very bad 3A[/b][/size] (soon to be 2A) KVille team and you think they will beat a pretty good playoff team by 35? Good Luck with that.

[/quote]
Man i love these people that just make themselves look dumber and dumber each day. How many times do I have to tell you that BH offense is NOTHING like Vidor's. Vidor's offense relies on MISDIRECTION. BH offense relies on the option. If you really think that BH's offense is similar to Vidor's then you are just showing how dumb you are. The blocking for the oline is different. The way the backs line up are different. The rushing plays are different. The passing plays are different. The receivers are different. The ONLY thing that they have that is similar with us is they run as much as we run. Other than that they are totally different.

They have good wins over PNG and BH. Please explain to me what a good win is because if winning by 1 point against PNG and by 7 against BH then Vidor has about 8 good wins this year.  ::)

Very bad 3A team? That very bad 3A team made the playoffs.

[quote name="CowboysNIndians" post="1106992" timestamp="1320606523"]
Vidor too much for the Kitty to follow - blink and they'll be past you.
[/quote]

Sounds like what happened when Crosby beat PN-G. The Indians blinked and that sophomore was gone.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1106967" timestamp="1320604864"]
Man i love these people that just make themselves look dumber and dumber each day.
[/quote]

badndn is  a PN-G fan and 20-4A rival. This is not a Crosby person. I don't know how close BH's offense is to Vidor's as I have never seen the Pirates' offense.  It sounds like they both like to lineup and mash.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1106967" timestamp="1320604864"]
They have good wins over PNG and BH. Please explain to me what a good win is because if winning by 1 point against PNG and by 7 against BH then Vidor has about 8 good wins this year.  ::)

[/quote]

I guess they would be considered "big" or "good" wins since both teams are considered to be "quality". Barbers Hill ended up being 9-1 and they beat your district champs, while PN-G beat you and finished ahead of you in 20-4A. They were both close games, but both "big" wins because of the quality of opponent.

The Pirates laid a 4 point drubbing on Lumberton so you can count that as big if you want.  8) Or maybe your win over 2-8 Kirbyville was a "good" win.  I realize they did make the playoffs but Kirbyville is obviously nowhere near the powerhouse they have been.

In all seriousness, y'all beat Texas High by 3 or 4 points but they are solid, solid program. That would be a good win.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1107036" timestamp="1320609395"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90987.msg1106967#msg1106967 date=1320604864]
Man i love these people that just make themselves look dumber and dumber each day.
[/quote]

[size=10pt][b]badndn is  a PN-G fan and 20-4A rival[/b][/size]. This is not a Crosby person. I don't know how close BH's offense is to Vidor's as I have never seen the Pirates' offense.  It sounds like they both like to lineup and mash.
[/quote]
Okay?? And your point is?

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1107042" timestamp="1320609719"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90987.msg1106967#msg1106967 date=1320604864]

[/quote]

I guess they would be considered "big" or "good" wins since both teams are considered to be "quality". Barbers Hill ended up being 9-1 and they beat your district champs, while PN-G beat you and finished ahead of you in 20-4A. They were both close games, but both "big" wins because of the quality of opponent.

The Pirates laid a 4 point drubbing on Lumberton so you can count that as big if you want.  8) Or maybe your win over 2-8 Kirbyville was a "good" win.  I realize they did make the playoffs but Kirbyville is obviously nowhere near the powerhouse they have been.

In all seriousness, y'all beat Texas High by 3 or 4 points but they are solid, solid program. That would be a good win.
[/quote]
Okay good point. Now I could go on and on about your game with baytown lee but i'm not going to.  ::)  8)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Vidor                                                                Crosby
offense                                                            offense
tot yrds - 3576 - 3rd highest in 20-4A        tot yrds 4148 - highest in 19-4A
avg - 357.6 per game                                    avg - 414.8 per game

rush - 3120 - highest in 20-4A                    rush - 2630 - 2cd in 19-4A
avg 312 per game                                        avg 263 per game

pass - 456 8th in 20-4A                                pass - 1518 - 3rd in 19-4A
avg 45.6 per game                                        avg 151.8 per game

defense                                                          defense
tot yrds - 2445 - leading 20-4A                    tot yrds - 3375 - 7th in 19-4A
avg - 244.5 per game                                  avg 337.5 per game

rush - 1606 - 2cd in 20-4A                            rush - 1572 - 4th in 19-4A
avg 160.6 per game                                      avg 157.2 per game

pass - 839 - leading 20-4A                          pass - 1803 - 8th in 19-4A
avg - 83.9 per game                                      avg 180.3 per game

Lets compare defenses  :o  ;D  8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1107043" timestamp="1320609945"]
Okay?? And your point is?
[/quote]

Maybe Books-a-Million in the famed Parkdale Mall should start stocking Football for Dummies if people are so dumb (as you say) about the sport.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1107046" timestamp="1320610123"]
Vidor                                                                Crosby
offense                                                            offense
tot yrds - 3576 - 3rd highest in 20-4A        tot yrds 4148 - highest in 19-4A
avg - 357.6 per game                                    avg - 414.8 per game

rush - 3120 - highest in 20-4A                    rush - 2630 - 2cd in 19-4A
avg 312 per game                                        avg 263 per game

pass - 456 8th in 20-4A                                pass - 1518 - 3rd in 19-4A
avg 45.6 per game                                        avg 151.8 per game

defense                                                          defense
tot yrds - 2445 - leading 20-4A                    tot yrds - 3375 - 7th in 19-4A
avg - 244.5 per game                                  avg 337.5 per game

rush - 1606 - 2cd in 20-4A                            rush - 1572 - 4th in 19-4A
avg 160.6 per game                                      avg 157.2 per game

pass - 839 - leading 20-4A                          pass - 1803 - 8th in 19-4A
avg - 83.9 per game                                      avg 180.3 per game

Lets compare defenses  :o  ;D  8)
[/quote]

That's Apples and Oranges. We only have one common opponent. All 3 of our non-district opponents have winning records and made the playoffs. What about yours?

Let's compare apples and apples...

Against PN-G, Crosby had 455 yards (361 rushing + 94 passing) and scored 30 points.
Against PN-G, Vidor had 330 yards (221 rushing + 109 passing) and scored 15 points.

Against PN-G, Crosby gave up 340 yards (211 rushing +129 passing) and scored 29 points.
Against PN-G, Vidor gave up 282 yards (183 rushing + 99 passing) and scored 22 points.

In the game against Vidor, the Indians were up 22-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter so how much did the PN-G starters even play in the 4th quarter? Sounds like this game was well at hand. Vidor did score 2 4th quarter touchdowns.

It does look like Vidor did hold PN-G to about 60 less yards but Crosby rolled up yards on the Indians.

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1107067" timestamp="1320611650"]
I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait to watch the best back in SE TX and all classifications  run. The young lad must be amazing since there are none better in the area per Cougtalk.
[/quote]

Ok, so my sarcasm detector has fresh batteries. The kid may not be the best back in Southeast Texas, but you will not be disappointed. The kid is a winner.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin