CROSBY vs. VIDOR...... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Who wins?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Crosby
    • Vidor

[quote name="Piratefan23" post="1106462" timestamp="1320544006"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=90987.msg1106453#msg1106453 date=1320543715]
Lamar is in Orange but ok... yeah i heard the same thing...

Short weeks rest = advantage cougars.
[/quote]

Lamar is in Orange? Yes Lamar State College-Orange but not Lamar University is in Beaumont. Come on Guys..
[/quote]

My mistake.

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="1106467" timestamp="1320544134"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=90987.msg1106453#msg1106453 date=1320543715]
Lamar is in Orange but ok... yeah i heard the same thing...

Short weeks rest = advantage cougars.
[/quote]Lamar = advantage pirates
[/quote]

Right but 2 of last 3 weeks Crosby has played option/big back set teams (GCM/BH)

They have a large amount of preparation on defense for this one. Also NO one runs the ball out of the spread the way Crosby does.  I mean PNG uses Bertrand but its not even close to the same blocking Scheme or running Scheme as Bertrand is a down hill runner and Walter is a cutback runner.

The Location honestly won't matter, Crosby will travel. There will be a lot of red at the game.

Has Vidor played at Lamar this season? because that's the only advantage i could see. Shorter bus ride, but our coaches will have the kids out their with plenty of time to stretch etc.

I guess it's advantage in the sense you won't have to drive very much to get home.

I've only seen Vidor lose to Nederland in the 1st round of the playoffs in 2000 at Lamar. 

This is the playoffs and it is high school.  Any team can win.  Just how the cookie crumbles.

And how could anyone think Lamar University is in Orange and be from this side of Texas?  Really?

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="jonathanw55" post="1106482" timestamp="1320545115"]
I personally think that when Crosby played PNG, they were really one-dimensional.  The twins have done nothing but got better and Crosby opened up the passing game later in the season.
I think Crosby should do real well on offense.
[/quote]
They said the same thing about Ozen when we played them. I think Vidor defense will be prepared for this game and hold the twins and get after the QB.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
???
If you were talking about my last post about the twins and the QB i didn't know they were the same person but learned that right after that lol. So thank you liltex  8)

[quote name="invictus" post="1106479" timestamp="1320544856"]
I've only seen Vidor lose to Nederland in the 1st round of the playoffs in 2000 at Lamar. 

This is the playoffs and it is high school.  Any team can win.  Just how the cookie crumbles.

And how could anyone think Lamar University is in Orange and be from this side of Texas?  Really?
[/quote]

I have never lived in the Beaumont area. Never been to Lamar.

Never spent time in Beaumont. As Houston and Humble are much closer... that's how.

@Husker.
Crosby is not Twins or bust. TD pass was to Rahim Lamarque (that's misspelled), and our 2nd string back/Wide out Jacoby Scott is an absolute game changer.

Not to mention our QB won't be playing both ways and thus if this gets into a shootout that's going to hurt Vidor. 

p.s. We are not Ozen. Ozen is not us. And we haven't been one dimensional since Districts started, it's not like its a new trend. we pass the ball and we run it very effectively. Also Ask BH Austin Walter is a weapon in the passing game as well as the running game.

Vidor has not seen a back this year with the quickness Austin Walter has.

Now does that mean that we are gonna walk all over vidor, absolutely not.

I'm telling you theirs not a back in the Area that is better than this kid. And his Brother is a hell of a football player to, so its a pick your poison moment when they run the option.

[quote name="invictus" post="1106479" timestamp="1320544856"]

[/quote] :P

IMO very unpredictable game...unfortunately for anyone not named Crosby the "Touchdown Twins" are gonna be a force to be reckon with in SETX for the next few seasons. I dont recall their last name, but by this time next year I'll be tired of hearing it . My gut feeling is that Crosby will be too much for Vidor to handle, but I wouldn't put much stock in gut feelings with it comes to playing Vidor. Good luck to both teams.

You know, I keep hearing about "the Twins" and how great Crosby is. They're 6-4 and they've lost two games in their district as well. BH hasn't impressed anyone since they beat Nederland IN THEIR HOUSE in O/T. We lost two games in district to two very good football teams by one score AT THEIR HOUSE and the games could have gone either way, especially the Nederland game. PNG improved all season as well and I'll put their offense against Crosby's. Nobody runs more formations than they do. It takes a TEAM to win and coaching. You can talk trash about the Pirates all you want but the only team to hang 30 on our defense all year was Texarkana Texas High the first game of the season. It will be hard for Crosby to score that much if they don't get their offense on the field. Montana Quirante had 144 yards rushing and David Smallwood had 184 yards verses a Livingston team predicted to win this district and who also had everything on the line Friday night. By the way, they lost their good running back but so did we. Keep selling us short; I like our chances Thursday night.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1106599" timestamp="1320551261"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90987.msg1106479#msg1106479 date=1320544856]

[/quote]

Never spent time in Beaumont. As Houston and Humble are much closer... that's how.

@Husker.
Crosby is not Twins or bust. TD pass was to Rahim Lamarque (that's misspelled), and our 2nd string back/Wide out Jacoby Scott is an absolute game changer.

Not to mention our QB won't be playing both ways and thus if this gets into a shootout that's going to hurt Vidor. 

p.s. We are not Ozen. Ozen is not us. And we haven't been one dimensional since Districts started, it's not like its a new trend. we pass the ball and we run it very effectively. Also Ask BH Austin Walter is a weapon in the passing game as well as the running game.

I'm telling you theirs not a back in the Area that is better than this kid. And his Brother is a heck of a football player to, so its a pick your poison moment when they run the option.
[/quote]
Vidor defense is averaging 82 passing yards. We kept the two highest passing teams, PNG and Ozen, to below 100 yards when PNG was averaging 177 passing yards per game and Ozen was averaging 164 passing yards. So i'm not that worried about our pass defense.  8)

Jakobi Jones  164 attempts 1,386 yards avg 8.45 and 16 tds
Austin Walter  186 attempts 1,261 yards avg 6.78 and 14 tds

If we handled Jakobi Jones and his team pretty well then i think we can handle Walter and the Crosby team.

crosby 2630 rushing avg 6.35 yards
livingston 2930 avg 7.44 yards

We have handled teams with more rushing yards and more yards per carry than yall.

montana 791 yds
smallwood 768 yds
clark 713

If you wanna make arguments that we haven't seen a back as fast as Walter then go ahead. I'm not gonna argue with you because i haven't personally seen the guy run. But I am gonna make the argument that you have not faced a team that has 3 guys with 700+ yards and that has 456 yards passing as well. And that also has a back to burn you if you don't watch out for him as well in Bolinger. And as for the shootout statement we have proven twice that we can score fast if we need to, PNG and Livingston.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1106667" timestamp="1320554393"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=90987.msg1106599#msg1106599 date=1320551261]

[/quote]

@Husker.

I'm telling you theirs not a back in the Area that is better than this kid. And his Brother is a heck of a football player to, so its a pick your poison moment when they run the option.
[/quote]
Vidor defense is averaging 82 passing yards. We kept the two highest passing teams, PNG and Ozen, to below 100 yards when PNG was averaging 177 passing yards per game and Ozen was averaging 164 passing yards. So i'm not that worried about our pass defense.  8)

If we handled Jakobi Jones and his team pretty well then i think we can handle Walter and the Crosby team.

We have handled teams with more rushing yards and more yards per carry than yall.

montana 791 yds
smallwood 768 yds
clark 713

If you wanna make arguments that we haven't seen a back as fast as Walter then go ahead. I'm not gonna argue with you because i haven't personally seen the guy run. But I am gonna make the argument that you have not faced a team that has 3 guys with 700+ yards and that has 456 yards passing as well. And that also has a back to burn you if you don't watch out for him as well in Bolinger. And as for the shootout statement we have proven twice that we can score fast if we need to, PNG and Livingston.
[/quote]

You better believe it mytwocents, couldn't agree more. The best thing we did was to come out Friday and play our game against Livingston. We held a high powered Ozen team who has only gotten better to 14 points. They scored 41 on Nederland's defense. Crosby's RB is good but I would take bets on whether he's that much better than Jakobi Jones or Trent Green.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="robanadana" post="1106676" timestamp="1320554852"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90987.msg1106667#msg1106667 date=1320554393]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=90987.msg1106599#msg1106599 date=1320551261]

[/quote]

@Husker.

[/quote]

montana 791 yds
smallwood 768 yds
clark 713

[/quote]

You better believe it mytwocents, couldn't agree more. The best thing we did was to come out Friday and play our game against Livingston. We held a high powered Ozen team who has only gotten better to 14 points. They scored 41 on Nederland's defense. Crosby's RB is good but I would take bets on whether he's that much better than Jakobi Jones or Trent Green.
[/quote]
Amen on that. We've held great running backs and great quarterbacks to there minimum rushing and passing for the year. I feel confident that we CAN (not saying we will just that we can) hold this team and get a win.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="robanadana" post="1106662" timestamp="1320554107"]
You can talk trash about the Pirates all you want....
[/quote]

Who is talking trash about Vidor? Some people think Crosby will win, others are predicting Vidor. Don't take things personally if someone disagrees. From this thread I have learned from obviously unbiased sources that...
1) Crosby only has 2 days to learn to defend the wing-t.
2) Ozen and Livingston probably have better athletes than Crosby and Vidor shut them down.
3) Crosby has 4 losses, Vidor only 2.
4) Crosby beat Barbers Hill but they haven't impressed anyone since beating Nederland. 
5) Crosby beat PN-G but PN-G has improved a bunch, Crosby hasn't.
6) This game is in Vidor's backyard.
7) Vidor has more heart, and will always play 4 quarters of football.

PN-G and Nederland folks have chimed in and expressed some doubt about Vidor winning, but please don't trash the Pirates like that. Refer to points 1-7. Vidor by 5 TDs.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1106701" timestamp="1320556871"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=90987.msg1106662#msg1106662 date=1320554107]
You can talk trash about the Pirates all you want....
[/quote]

Who is talking trash about Vidor? Some people think Crosby will win, others are predicting Vidor. Don't take things personally if someone disagrees. From this thread I have learned from obviously unbiased sources that...
1) Crosby only has 2 days to learn to defend the wing-t.
2) Ozen and Livingston probably have better athletes than Crosby and Vidor shut them down.
3) Crosby has 4 losses, Vidor only 2.
4) Crosby beat Barbers Hill but they haven't impressed anyone since beating Nederland. 
5) Crosby beat PN-G but PN-G has improved a bunch, Crosby hasn't.
6) This game is in Vidor's backyard.
7) Vidor has more heart, and will always play 4 quarters of football.

PN-G and Nederland folks have chimed in and expressed some doubt about Vidor winning, but please don't trash the Pirates like that. Refer to points 1-7. Vidor by 5 TDs.
[/quote]
If you didn't get it because i know the edumication is questionable
That was Called Sarcasm. Pretty good sarcasm too. =p.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="robanadana" post="1106690" timestamp="1320555968"]
mytwocents, I'm not happy about this Thursday night stuff. What's your take on it??
[/quote]
Well honestly I like it and don't like it for certain reasons. I like it cuz they don't have much time to prepare for our offense and that plays to our advantage and i like it cuz its sooner than friday  8)

I don't like it cuz we don't have much time to practice ourselves for there offense and we have less time than usual to recover from Friday's game.

Other than that its just another day in my opinion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin