• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Gladtobehere" post="1100745" timestamp="1320083146"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=90708.msg1100541#msg1100541 date=1320071809]
Reed is a sophomore and Drake is a senior
[/quote]

And your point is???????????
[/quote]

My point is a Reed is a better fit for SIlsbee's offense. Not to take anything away from Drake. He is one heck of a player, but he threw 5 TD's in a game vs HJ not WOS or BC. Reed did get Silsbee to 6-0 if I recall. I guess he was good enough for those games and earned the right to start. Drake is better at wideout and saftey. Him playing QB, Saftey, Punter, Kicker, etc wears him down to much. Reed is young and has alot of growing and maturing to do. If Silsbee wants to have success outside of thier next game, they are better off leting Garret play his normal position at WR and Saftey.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1100849" timestamp="1320088307"]
[quote author=Gladtobehere link=topic=90708.msg1100745#msg1100745 date=1320083146]
[/quote]

[/quote]

My point is a Reed is a better fit for SIlsbee's offense. Not to take anything away from Drake. He is one heck of a player, but he threw 5 TD's in a game vs HJ not WOS or BC. Reed did get Silsbee to 6-0 if I recall. I guess he was good enough for those games and earned the right to start. Drake is better at wideout and saftey. Him playing QB, Saftey, Punter, Kicker, etc wears him down to much. Reed is young and has alot of growing and maturing to do. If Silsbee wants to have success outside of thier next game, they are better off leting Garret play his normal position at WR and Saftey.
[/quote]
Not saying anything about who needs to start or doesnt. 

But you are the [b]large[/b] school of the district.  I have a hard time believing that there isnt a young man on the team that could take over one or two of those positions, so that you could start big D as a Q/B.....if he is needed there. 

A small school.......maby not.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1100943" timestamp="1320092224"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=90708.msg1100849#msg1100849 date=1320088307]
[quote author=Gladtobehere link=topic=90708.msg1100745#msg1100745 date=1320083146]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But you are the [b]large[/b] school of the district.  I have a hard time believing that there isnt a young man on the team that could take over one or two of those positions, so that you could start big D as a Q/B.....if he is needed there. 

[/quote

I'm not the coach! I would agree with you if the starting QB Reed hadnt won 6 games before his injury. He doesnt pass well but he runs better than Drake. Drake passes well but isnt as fast as Reed.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1100972" timestamp="1320093714"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=90708.msg1100943#msg1100943 date=1320092224]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=90708.msg1100849#msg1100849 date=1320088307]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not the coach! I would agree with you if the starting QB Reed hadnt won 6 games before his injury. He doesnt pass well but he runs better than Drake. Drake passes well but isnt as fast as Reed.
[/quote]

Santa, for you to say that Reed fits our offense is stretching it.....and if you think for a second that Reed won those 6 games tells me that you know very little about what won those games.  Football is a team sport and that entire team has been able to step up for others shortcomings.  I have watched Reed since he was in the 7th grade and he cannot handle the pressure.  What do you think there will be in the playoffs?  Won't be mediocre teams.... 

I am not the coach either but I would certainly keep my options open for the future at that position.  I like Patrick but I agree with the sports guy, there is plenty of talent in Silsbee!

I knew starting the soph. Reed at QB this season would have it's ups and downs. Young, inexperienced and would make his share of mistakes. I also knew he would make some great plays as well to help offset some of those mistakes (not all of them though).

I have always liked the fact that if you have a soph. that can be your starting QB, then go for it, it will pay off dearly in the future. Of course, that's if you have no sufficient starter already. (that draws the question as to if Drake was sufficient enough or not). I do know that for Silsbee to reach it's potential this year, Reed needed to be the QB and allow Drake to play defense and WR. That was not just my thinking, but the Silsbee coaching staff's as well.

Reed has certainly had his troubles this season (mistakes, injuries) and is really learning a hard lesson, one that I hope will make him better in the long run.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1100849" timestamp="1320088307"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good well thought out argument, but I gotta go with Drake on this one.  Let's win THIS year and next year. Start Drake.  If he can't keep up due to going 3 ways, then put Reed in. 

I dont care who starts....just win baby!.....and do it [b]to-now[/b]! not tomorrow! ;D

Just know who you are and work with it!  I loved the second half of the Jasper game.  The coaches saw the passing game wasnt all there so they ran it a ton.  I know it had to kill em not going for the home run....but I loved it and they liked the W. 

I bet the QB liked it...he was healthy after that game and got credit for a win.  Might have grown for future seasons aswell.

I think that if Silsbee's coaches wanted to have DrKe start he would have started at QBto start the season. Most of you are basing you opinion off of one game vs one of the worst teams in Texas. The BC game, Drake showed alot of heart being put in a tough situation. I'm fine with whom ever can win ball games. If Drake starts vs HF and leads Silsbee 2 or 3 rounds deep I'm all for it. Reed has had his share of turnovers this year, but he seems to be the better fit with Drake playing so many positions. With Turk, Drake, Gaines, and Holmes T wideout, Silsbee shouldnever have a problem mo ing the ball thru the air.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami