Should Nederland Rest Starters?

GoDogs27

I know Brock won't play coaches told him today . I think it might be wise to let several of the starters who have some minor injuries to heal and let some future players play. Let some backups get more experience and so forth. Razor what is the difference between District Champs and undefeated District Champs, still District Champ without maybe one of your players getting hurt. Hey it is a new thing for Nederland not be fighting for a playoff spot like the last couple of years. So rest them and let back ups play and get valuable experience that may be needed in the playoffs.

I think it would be crazy to leave starters in the whole game if it happens to be close. It doesnt matter if we lose to LCM. I know the kids want to win and if I were playing then I would want to play the whole game too, but you have to be smart. Neumann would get raked over the coals if a starter got hurt playing in an unnecessary game. Another point: i have seen teams who have nothing to play for, get really dirty and cheap at the end of the season with teams that will have a postseason. Now i am not saying or accusing LCM of having this mentality, its just a fact that it does happen..

First thing first [b][color=red]WIN THE GAME[/color][/b] and do not assume this is a easy win!!! Keep the mojo going with a perfect record in district. I think the starters have to keep focused on winning the game first. This is the game where  in the first half new plays they have been working on should be ran. Would love to see every other pocession with the back ups once a lead has been established. Would like to see Woods at QB for half the game and throwing the ball. Main concern for me is keeping all of them injury free and let some of the boys who have not seen much field time playing.

[quote name="football04" post="1102253" timestamp="1320243471"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=90697.msg1102216#msg1102216 date=1320241218]
I am sure Neuman will do whatever is best for his team.
[/quote]
  The voice of reason.
[/quote]

Can I get quote you on that?  My husband will need confirmation that some said I am the voice of reason.  ;D  ;D

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1102289" timestamp="1320245597"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=90697.msg1102253#msg1102253 date=1320243471]
[/quote]
  The voice of reason.
[/quote]

Lol

Can I get quote you on that?  My husband will need confirmation that some said I am the voice of reason.  ;D  ;D
[/quote]

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1102303" timestamp="1320246541"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=90697.msg1102289#msg1102289 date=1320245597]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=90697.msg1102253#msg1102253 date=1320243471]
[/quote]
  The voice of reason.
[/quote]

Lol
Sure you can cheermom4, three pages of thoughts, opinions and advise for a coaching staff that has probably 100 years combined experience and you beat them all with those twelve little words.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote name="baddog" post="1100058" timestamp="1320009899"]
Sure would be nice to go undefeated also. Need the stay crisp. Tough call.
[/quote]In district you mean ;) Don't get pissed, just funnin with you. I am a supporter of Ned. when they arn't playing BH. I just want to know how Ozen scored so many points on your defense. Were you already resting your starters? Did you have some injured players on the defensive line? What happened? I've been defending your great defense for weeks now to all the PNG and Dayton bloggers 8)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1101508" timestamp="1320160969"]
I think it would be crazy to leave starters in the whole game if it happens to be close. It doesnt matter if we lose to LCM. I know the kids want to win and if I were playing then I would want to play the whole game too, but you have to be smart. Neumann would get raked over the coals if a starter got hurt playing in an unnecessary game. Another point: i have seen teams who have nothing to play for, get really dirty and cheap at the end of the season with teams that will have a postseason. Now i am not saying or accusing LCM of having this mentality, its just a fact that it does happen..
[/quote]Playing dirty at the end of a season is a specialty of Crosby in 19-4A.

[quote name="bh15" post="1102629" timestamp="1320263408"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=90697.msg1100058#msg1100058 date=1320009899]
Sure would be nice to go undefeated also. Need the stay crisp. Tough call.
[/quote]In district you mean ;) Don't get pissed, just funnin with you. I am a supporter of Ned. when they arn't playing BH. I just want to know how Ozen scored so many points on your defense. Were you already resting your starters? Did you have some injured players on the defensive line? What happened? I've been defending your great defense for weeks now to all the PNG and Dayton bloggers 8)
[/quote]

Yes.....Brock Pryor did not play against Ozen. He is one of our top guys on Defense, think there was one other as well.

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1102269" timestamp="1320244299"]
First thing first [b][color=red]WIN THE GAME[/color][/b] and do not assume this is a easy win!!! Keep the mojo going with a perfect record in district. I think the starters have to keep focused on winning the game first. This is the game where  in the first half new plays they have been working on should be ran. Would love to see every other pocession with the back ups once a lead has been established. Would like to see Woods at QB for half the game and throwing the ball. Main concern for me is keeping all of them injury free and let some of the boys who have not seen much field time playing.
[/quote]
You NEVER show new plays in a game leading up to playoffs. I can promise you coaches from 19-4A schools that we could potentially face, will be there with cameras. NEVER EVER EVER reveal new plays or schemes before you are ready to reveal them in the playoffs.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1103066" timestamp="1320320246"]
These are kids, full of energy, they don't need rest.  This is not a 16 ganmes season against the best athletes in the world, it is emphatically HIGH SCHOOL football!
[/quote]

Actually we hope it will be a 16 game season!! :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder