Anybody kill anything yet?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bullets13" post="1104265" timestamp="1320429353"]
sweet!  i'm headed out this evening and taking a 4-day weekend.  any sign of the rut yet?  i've heard rumors that it's starting already.
[/quote]

In some (or most) parts of east Texas the ruts is starting to show signs with some bucks getting frisky with does.

In the south where Im, not at all. I've seen mature bucks still feeding together and not paying any attention to the others.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1104244" timestamp="1320428315"]
I killed an 8 point this morning. I slipped an arrow through both lungs at 20 yards. He ran about 50 yards and piled up dead.

He weighed in at 204 on the hoof and 168 gutted. Not a trophy with only 125 inches of horns but a good sized deer.
[/quote]
I dont know where your hunting,apparently not in South East Texas. A field dressed 168lb 8 point,scoring in at 125 inches is by most standards a trophy in most of the state.Not to mention some pretty meaty back straps!!! ;)

My oldest bagged a nice heavy body 7 point today here in Moss Hill @ 4:45 pm buck was in rut w/swollen neck and loaded w/ticks.I hunted this morning but got chills I guess from the Brenham fb game last night.Left stand @8:30 and walked the 100 yds to the house.Saw 2 coons,1 fox,a few squirrels.Neighbors killed 3 deer across the street this morning.Pic coming soon.

Where did all the deer go?War zone sounds yesterday,cease fire today?Heard a cpl long distance misses.Did not hear/see anything today,across the highway(105)Nada either,18,000 ac behind me,giant hunting club Ariz.Creek Club is where the 2 shots fired about 8 am.May been sighting in a rifle.

[quote] I killed a 6-pack of tall boys Friday. Area: king suite of a LaQuinta hotel. Time: late night, sometime between 10:30 and 2am. Used: An Igloo ice chest with a Miller Lite koozy.  [/quote]

CLASSIC!!!!! That's funny right there I dont care who you are but thats funny

Shot a good 5 pt cull in Rocksprings over the weekend.  Big mature deer but that's all he was going to be.  The wind had them very nervous.  Out of the 8 man group there was a main frame 10 that had 14 scorable pts but not alot of mass, 28" Axis, 2 - 5 pt culls, 2 spikes, 3 does and a fox.

Now I am waiting for January to get here so I can head to Bandera.

BTW, does anyone know of a good taxidermist that does Euro mounts and isn't outrageous on price?  I've asked around a little but $125-$150 is a little steep for a Euro IMO.  Someone in the GT preferrably.

Let a doe walk yesterday at 7:15am due to the fact she kept looking back as if being followed by Mr. Muy Grande... 9:15am still applauding my efforts for not pulling the trigger and possibly blowing an opportunity at a nice buck... 2:15pm pissed I did not smoke that ol gal!!!!

7:15pm Wife is pissed I did not bring home the backstrap! You cannot eat horns she says... no she did not really say that  but it sounded good.. she was pissed about the backstrap though.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1113047" timestamp="1321053468"]
outside Nac..according to big bro (i aint made it yet)..rut just showing signs of beginning..he's been up all week..no shooters, lotsa lil fellers..rain greened thinged up..nothing hitting the feeders all week
[/quote]

I talked to a friend that hunts near Woodville and they aren't touching the corn where he is.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin