Anybody kill anything yet?

[quote name="bullets13" post="1128725" timestamp="1322100456"]
just walked into the deer lease cabin and my dad was watching "The Proposal".  I thought about killing him, but i would've felt too bad about it.
[/quote]

the proposal? had to google that one..

hmmm...next time pops wants a Sandra Bullock movie, get him The Blindside!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had two good pics of two deer I have been wanting to kill if I was lucky.. it has gone from quantity to quality. This camera is in a firelane nowhere near a feeder.. just some hand thrown corn.. one pick was just before 8am and the other just before 5pm  both on the 19th

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="ST413" post="1146308" timestamp="1323891782"]
My cams had a few more pics one legal buck and a few small ones and does. Doesn't out seem in that area that every year after  weekend the does disappear until after thanksgiving?
[/quote]

I think you are right ST413.  I was traveling the eastex corrider hwy 96 thru Jasper to Center to 59 to Texarkana early Friday morning and between 8:30 and 9:30 I saw a dozen deer mostly does. Then on the way home Sunday evening around 4:30pm.. I saw over 20 from Marshall to San Augustine mostly if not all does standing in groups of 6 or better in open fields just grazing... it was crazy I was texting my friends .... are you hunting are you hunting I am seeing tons of deer out feeding in the fields and a few right up next to the free way.  We have Lamps permits so no does seen that evening.

• 2 weeks later...
Have gotten a 14" 7 point and a doe so far.  The 7pt would have been a nice 8pt or 9pt but one of his main beams was broken. 

Leaving for Rock Springs in the morning.  After that will be back at my home lease on Saturday to finish up here and get ready for youth season.  Its been a tough year because of the drought but I have had a blast. 

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1158709" timestamp="1326399526"]
My buddy got a game camera for Christmas and set this up last night and got this.  He lives in the city limits of Lumberton on Village Creek....

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/bobcat.jpg/][IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2884/bobcat.jpg[/img][/URL]
[/quote]  Pretty animals.  I don't shoot them any more.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin