ORANGEFIELD VS. SILSBEE BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 15-7!!!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1076481" timestamp="1318041306"]
Orange is well coached and very discipline. I know they will beat HF, HJ, and surprise WOS or BC. Good program their building.
[/quote]

Thanks man, you are a class act. I know I have been hard on the tigers but I hope they do well and go far. It is all about southeast texas.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1076504" timestamp="1318041542"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=89392.msg1076481#msg1076481 date=1318041306]
Orange is well coached and very discipline. I know they will beat HF, HJ, and surprise WOS or BC. Good program their building.
[/quote]

Thanks man, you are a class act. I know I have been hard on the tigers but I hope they do well and go far. It is all about southeast texas.
[/quote]

If OF plays like they did the last 2 weeks, they will make some serious headlines. Who would have thought they would play Silsbee this close? No moral victories but Silsbee maybe the best team in 21-3A for the next 3 years. It for a interesting homecoming in Tigerland. A lot of us were on the edge at halftime.

Great job Tigers. Once again Silsbee defense stands up.  Ofs offense couldnt do much at all tonight. Silsbees offense moved the ball well all night but was having trouble getting the scores, great job to Of for keeping the scores down you played a jam up game on defense.

A  very hard fought in for the Tigers.  Hats off to Orangefield for a great game.  Their defense was tough,  but in the second half the Tigers got going and pulled out the win.  We have to get a little better in the passing game,  mainly just good consistency.  When that happens our offense will be very tough.

Quick final stats

Orangefield            Silsbee

rushing                31/86 yards          34/185 yards

passing              7-15, 87 yards        11-19, 99 yards

total                      46/173 yards        53/284 yards

FD                            6                        13

TO                            3                          1

score by quarters

1        2          3            4    tot
Orangefield            0        7            0            0      7
Silsbee                  0        0            8            7    15

scoring

Orangefield

90 yard return fumble recovery

Silsbee

Patrick Reed  10 yard TD run
Floyd Spearman 6 yard TD run

Silsbee reached Orangefield red zone 6 times, only coming away with 2 TD's, reaching the 5 yard line twice without scoring.

Orangefield's offense only crossed the 50 just twice all night, first time late in 3rd quarter, second time middle of 4th.

Silsbee's defense played extremely well, virtually shutting down and shutting out the Bobcat offense. Silsbee's offense moved the ball well, but just could not get the scores when they had the opportunities.

Silsbee's offense has to improve if they want to defeat the likes of Bridge City and WOS.

Silsbee's defense won this game!!

Just a few quick stats:

1  2  3  4    T
Orangefield    0  7  0  0    7
Silsbee          0  0  8  7    15

[b]Silsbee[/b]                      [b]Orangefield[/b]
[u]Passing[/u]
Reed  11-19-85-0-0            Ackerman  7-11-86-0-2 
[u]Rushing[/u]
Spearman  23-146  TD      Wiley      11-33
Reed          10- 30  TD        Truncale  7-27
Gaines          2-1                  Johnson  6-18
                                            Watkins  6-8
      35-177  5.0 YPR            32-85  2.6 YPR                               

[u]Recieving[/u]
Drake          2-41                Sonnier  4-32
Holmes        2-34                Nelson    2-24
Spearman    3-7                    Watkins  1-30 
Turk            3-4

14          First Downs      9
              2-21        Punts          3-34.6
                1          Turnovers        3
                3              TOD            3
          2-11 18%  3rd Down      3-12 25%
          2-5  40%    4th Down      1-4  25%
              2-2              PAT          1-1
              1-1          One Point    1-1
              2-2          Two Point    0-0
            3-25        Penalties      7-70
            26:09            TOP          21:51

That was a big penalty.  I could  not see whether or not it  was a facemask or not but,  I was watching the play pretty close and saw that the official who threw the flag was right on top of the play watchin the tackle. He had the best view he could have,  so I doubt he missed it.  Not sure that one penalty really changed the game,  but I will agree it was a big one for the Tigers.

[quote name="Bobkat" post="1076875" timestamp="1318052669"]
Facemask penalty against orangefield was huge, still believe they missed that one!!! it changed the game!
[/quote]

It was a ball control game. 
Solid game plan because Orangefield was selling out on blitz packages.  I counted 7 to 8 in the box ALL night, except for the max protect they dropped into occassionally.  This made it almost impossible to break long runs for Silsbee and when they rolled out or play faked to pass Orangefield had 3 defenders in backfield as well as coverage.  I was impressed by coaches from Orangefield.  Glad to see it taking hold there. 

Once Silsbee stopped playing basic defense and started shooting gaps to disrupt misdirection it was over.  Passing game for Orangefield was shutdown.  Over half of passing yards came on one or two plays with busted coverage that went for 30+ each time.  Silsbee had to abandon pass because of poor throwing on Reed's part.  Has to improve accuracy.  Must is a better word.

In part, after 90 yard fumble return it was a matter of time for Silsbee's size and strength to take its toll.

Great game Bobcats.  Enjoyed football for first time on Homecoming for many a year.  Thanks for that.

Now take it to your Orange County brethren and "disrupt" the playoff picture.

Go Tigers!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami