Galena Park vs. Goose Creek Memorial Game Thread/GCM wins!

My perspective:

[b]GCM (Defense)[/b]GCM has a lot of speed and plays very good team defense.  Their run defense is very good and almost equal is their pass defense.  Would be interesting to see them against a better team than GP, but overall they are in the top 2 or 3 defenses I have seen this year.  They look to be playing much better than early in the year.  GCM likes to corner blitz and they are pretty good at it.  The QB has got to watch his blind side or bad things can happen.

[b]GCM (Offense)[/b]The QB is fast and hard to wrap-up.  The kid is a very good runner and a decent passer.  His side-arm throwing style works against his accuracy.  The receivers are inconsistent, but they all have the ability to make yards after the catch, if they catch it.  The running backs are very good and with a little better blocking they would be very hard to stop.  The O-line did OK against GP, but a bigger more physical D-Line would probably plug the middle.  GCM does has the ability to go outside and they do like to run the wide-out screen (much like Dayton).  Corners need to read that play, jump the snap, and wrap up when you get there.  The receivers have the ability to side-step and take it to the house.  Offensively I say they are very close second to Dayton and if they clean-up the blocking and be a little more creative with play action and outside running game they could hang with Dayton.

[b]GP[/b]Well, they have a hurt running back on the sidelines, a good defensive end, and a receiver who is built to be good.  Other than that, they do have some speed, but not much else.  They are a team that is hell-bent on throwing the football and their QB is less than fair at that.  The QB makes poor decisions with the ball and they turn the ball over way too often.  They will likely beat North Forest, but probbaly not anyone else.  May have a shot against Baytown Lee.   

[quote name="dayton" post="1075411" timestamp="1317990885"]
It's early.... I'm rubbing my eyes...

Did anyone else notice how coherent smoking baby's post was.

;D
[/quote]

I know he is going to ruin our image ;D ;D

Good game plan for GCM. Ran away from GP defensive strength all night so koodos to coaches for their excellent game plan. Defense made the offense's job very easy tonight. Great job! QB and RB's played very well and that was very good to see. Good to see them play a full 4 qtrs of football. Hopefully, we can carry this over into Dayton and play well. Good to see QB play well the last few weeks. He played well last week as well. We will really need him to continue to step up for the rest of district play. We had a few drops but overall a good game. Still too many penalties. It just gets tougher from here.

Also, my rants on GCM are over, win or lose. Please someone remind me of this if I go off. It just stresses me out too much. Good to see the kids get excited and win on homecoming...

[quote name="cbear4" post="1075561" timestamp="1318003974"]
Good game plan for GCM. Ran away from GP defensive strength all night so koodos to coaches for their excellent game plan. Defense made the offense's job very easy tonight. Great job! QB and RB's played very well and that was very good to see. Good to see them play a full 4 qtrs of football. Hopefully, we can carry this over into Dayton and play well. Good to see QB play well the last few weeks. He played well last week as well. We will really need him to continue to step up for the rest of district play. We had a few drops but overall a good game. Still too many penalties. It just gets tougher from here.

Also, my rants on GCM are over, win or lose. Please someone remind me of this if I go off. It just stresses me out too much. Good to see the kids get excited and win on homecoming...
[/quote]

For parking reasons ONLY, we sit on the GP side.  You wanna see a "RANT" you should have seen the idiot dad who screamed and yelled at his son and made him sit on the bench, all from the stands.  Coch could not even put him in the game because of it.  It only took 30 minutes, arguing with a school official, and two uniformed police officers to show him the gate.  I kept thinking I was in Beaumont or something.  :D 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed