SLC Offensive Player of Week

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then.  However, I will say that there were numerous things that surprised me about this game:
  -  The play calling was almost good.  I mean, our offensive coordinator appears to have finally figured out that it is ok to use play action.  And, even more surprisingly, it is ok to throw the ball to your tight end
-  The defense hung in there ok.
-  Southeast Louisiana has either an absolutely horrible secondary, or their coaches are terrible, or our offenisve coordinator has suddenly turned into a genious because our receivers were just wide open most of the game.
-  Bevil only threw one interception and only had one fumble.  That is amazing for him.
-  We were able to do a good job against the run.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="1072709" timestamp="1317664942"]
Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then.  However, I will say that there were numerous things that surprised me about this game:
  -  The play calling was almost good.  I mean, our offensive coordinator appears to have finally figured out that it is ok to use play action.  And, even more surprisingly, it is ok to throw the ball to your tight end
-  Southeast Louisiana has either an absolutely horrible secondary, or their coaches are terrible, or our offenisve coordinator has suddenly turned into a genious because our receivers were just wide open most of the game.
-  Bevil only threw one interception and only had one fumble.  That is amazing for him.
[/quote]

Man, you speed to car accidents hoping someone has died, don't you?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1073218" timestamp="1317741884"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=89196.msg1072709#msg1072709 date=1317664942]
[/quote]

Man, you speed to car accidents hoping someone has died, don't you?
[/quote]

+1 . He isn't the only one!!!

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="1072709" timestamp="1317664942"]
  -  The play calling was almost good.  I mean, our offensive coordinator appears to have finally figured out that it is ok to use play action. [b] And, even more surprisingly, it is ok to throw the ball to your tight end[/b] -  The defense hung in there ok.
[/quote]

I don't know about years past, but this year LU has a tight end who can run a route, make a block and who also has good hands.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder