1. 1. Who wins?

• Livingston
    • Nederland

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="football04" post="1074493" timestamp="1317870114"]
If you know something why don't you share it with the rest of us who aren't in the know
[/quote]Who cares?  Now let's talk about your real problem, [b]The Livingston Lions are coming to town!!!!![/b]

Boy, man, shoot, heck, %&*#, golly. Maybe ole Neumann should just stay at the house with the remnants of his bad football team and not even show up for this game. HE'S OUTTA PLAYERS. They aren't very good anyway in some folks opinion.They lost a squeeker to the eventual 19 4A district champs [a real good team by three pts. in overtime that they could and should have won IMO] and have all these internal problems. They beat three teams that's probably gonna be in the playoffs but they're too young. Around 15 starters are underclassmen and everyone knows they're too young to compete with a perennial juggernaut. I sure feel sorry for them. Reckon they'll forfeit? Sure hope Livingston don't rough em up too bad if Ned gets crazy and shows up. 2 or 3 of their games they were the underdog. I guess they just got lucky. All them problems want me to tear my tickets up. I'll be ashamed to be seen supporting them. I probably won't go now but later in the season maybe they'll nut up and play someone so I don't have to be ashamed of them. If they got the stones to show up then either win or lose I betcha Livingston will remember Nederland. I have to go take nerve medicine and weep awhile. Bye.

[quote name="coach pops" post="1074515" timestamp="1317872824"]
Boy, man, shoot, heck, %&*#, golly. Maybe ole Neumann should just stay at the house with the remnants of his bad football team and not even show up for this game. HE'S OUTTA PLAYERS. They aren't very good anyway in some folks opinion.They lost a squeeker to the eventual 19 4A district champs [a real good team by three pts. in overtime that they could and should have won IMO] and have all these internal problems. They beat three teams that's probably gonna be in the playoffs but they're too young. Around 15 starters are underclassmen and everyone knows they're too young to compete with a perennial juggernaut. I sure feel sorry for them. Reckon they'll forfeit? Sure hope Livingston don't rough em up too bad if Ned gets crazy and shows up. 2 or 3 of their games they were the underdog. I guess they just got lucky. All them problems want me to tear my tickets up. I'll be ashamed to be seen supporting them. I probably won't go now but later in the season maybe they'll nut up and play someone so I don't have to be ashamed of them. If they got the stones to show up then either win or lose I betcha Livingston will remember Nederland. I have to go take nerve medicine and weep awhile. Bye.
[/quote] ;D ;D I'll go with Ned in a close one. 24-21.

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1074138" timestamp="1317839599"]
Livingston 35
Ned 10
Can't wait to see this great defense they have.
[/quote]

lions80, they really aren't that good and like pops said, I am not sure why Nederland is even showing up...we could save Livingston alot of gas money...I had originally picked Nederland 27-24, but I must have been insane...in all honesty, it will probably be the weakest defense you have seen all year and you will have third teamers in right after the half...Livingston 99, Nederland 0...congrats! ;) ;)

[quote name="coach pops" post="1074515" timestamp="1317872824"]
Boy, man, shoot, heck, %&*#, golly. Maybe ole Neumann should just stay at the house with the remnants of his bad football team and not even show up for this game. HE'S OUTTA PLAYERS. They aren't very good anyway in some folks opinion.They lost a squeeker to the eventual 19 4A district champs [a real good team by three pts. in overtime that they could and should have won IMO] and have all these internal problems. They beat three teams that's probably gonna be in the playoffs but they're too young. Around 15 starters are underclassmen and everyone knows they're too young to compete with a perennial juggernaut. I sure feel sorry for them. Reckon they'll forfeit? Sure hope Livingston don't rough em up too bad if Ned gets crazy and shows up. 2 or 3 of their games they were the underdog. I guess they just got lucky. All them problems want me to tear my tickets up. I'll be ashamed to be seen supporting them. I probably won't go now but later
in the season maybe they'll nut up and play someone so I don't have to be ashamed of them. If they got the stones to show up then either win or lose I betcha Livingston will remember Nederland. I have to go take nerve medicine and weep awhile. Bye.
[/quote]

Good stuff pops! ;D I have season tickets so I won't tear them up. I'll try to sell them but nobody will probably want them.  ;D

[quote name="Razor" post="1074591" timestamp="1317902461"]
[quote author=Lions#80 link=topic=89133.msg1074138#msg1074138 date=1317839599]
Livingston 35
Ned 10
[/quote]

lions80, they really aren't that good and like pops said, I am not sure why Nederland is even showing up...we could save Livingston alot of gas money...I had originally picked Nederland 27-24, but I must have been insane...in all honesty, it will probably be the weakest defense you have seen all year and you will have third teamers in right after the half...Livingston 99, Nederland 0...congrats! ;) ;)
[/quote]Yah, you and pop can go earn your money, and make sure you wash plenty towels, ;) ;) ;). if you get my drift!!!

I agree, Kimler is an athlete. I've mentioned a couple of times that he needs more touches on offense. He's made a few big plays this year in crucial situations, yet he was only targeted twice against PNG, and he had one run. Our offense needs a boost, and I think he is our answer. He should have 8-10 touches/game IMO. He's a big target with good hands, and he knows how to come back to the ball. Hopefully they will get him more involved against Livingston.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1072909" timestamp="1317682904"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=89133.msg1072871#msg1072871 date=1317679503]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89133.msg1072437#msg1072437 date=1317620906]
[quote author=Knoddy1 link=topic=89133.msg1072346#msg1072346 date=1317607513]
Should be a real good match up Bulldogs defense against Lions Offense, but come game time the Bulldogs will have something the Lions don't, about 9000 screeming delierous fans that will make it real hard for the Lions to hear.  They did'nt get the full benefit of the PN G fans cause the visitors stands in Livingston are so small.  Bulldogs win it..no score prediction just know that the dogs will win.
[/quote]
Maybe 9 screaming fans.. the rest just sit there like its a funeral.. of course I am being a little exaggerated but thats what it feels like. I hate having to yell at fans to get on their feet to make some noise. makes me feel like im a lunatic..
[/quote]Why do you feel that you must yell at people to get on thier feet and scream when they paid the same ticket price you did? Maybe they just enjoy watching the game and letting the cheerleaders lead the cheers.  Should be a great game!
[/quote]
Then they can stay at home and watch the replay on tv. We are there for the players, not for ourselves. As a former player, believe me, it makes a difference when your fans are loud. Our cheerleaders don't know when to cheer. There are a few of us in the stands that start the DEFENSE chant on third or fourth down and the cheerleaders join in after we start it. Also, they seem to always want to do cheers while we are on offense. Especially the two bits-four bits. That's the worse time for us to cheer. Not their faults, I don't expect them to know everything about football.  But that's why the few of us in the stands start getting loud at certain points of the game... We are there for the football team. Not to watch halftime or anything else.. I'm sure some will take that the wrong way but I'm not going to explain what I mean. If you don't get the point then that's your issue. Way off topic so let me get it back on track. Our receivers are going to need to step up big this week. I would like to see Kimler more invovled. Kids an athlete...
[/quote]

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1074138" timestamp="1317839599"]
Livingston 35
Ned 10
[/quote]

Maybe you should ask B Hill, Vidor, and PNG about Ned's Defense? They were all held way below their averages in both total yards and points per game. You may want to rethink that 35 point prediction.  ;)

[quote name="EZDawg" post="1074703" timestamp="1317912455"]
Livingston 35
Ned 10
[/quote]

Maybe you should ask B Hill, Vidor, and PNG about Ned's Defense? They were all held way below their averages in both total yards and points per game. You may want to rethink that 35 point prediction.  ;)
[/quote]Believe I'll stick with the 35 points, maybe you need to rethink your defense prediction ;D and by the way we are not B Hill, Vidor, or PNG, so don't boast about what you did then, come out the past and face the future.

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1074717" timestamp="1317913673"]
[quote author=EZDawg link=topic=89133.msg1074703#msg1074703 date=1317912455]
Livingston 35
Ned 10
[/quote]

[/quote]Believe I'll stick with the 35 points, maybe you need to rethink your defense prediction ;D and by the way we are not B Hill, Vidor, or PNG, so don't boast about what you did then, come out the past and face the future.
[/quote]Vidor has the same as offense as us but its a watered down version and PN-G isn't as good as they have been in years pat and well B Hill I mean its 19-4A Livingston is too legit to slow down

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1074728" timestamp="1317915028"]
[quote author=Lions#80 link=topic=89133.msg1074717#msg1074717 date=1317913673]
Livingston 35
Ned 10
[/quote]

[/quote]Vidor has the same as offense as us but its a watered down version and PN-G isn't as good as they have been in years pat and well B Hill I mean its 19-4A Livingston is too legit to slow down
[/quote]

btw, that sorry PNG team you referred to was beating Livingston with 8 minutes left in the game...you guys are not invincible and neither is Nederland...I expect a slobber knocker with Dogs on top 27-24.

lions80, just for you, you can stick with my Livingston 99, Nederland 0 prediction, that is if Nederland even bothers to show up...if I was them, I would consider staying home

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1074717" timestamp="1317913673"]
Livingston 35
Ned 10
[/quote]

[/quote]

Then what are you boasting about? The past? I believe we are all making predictions based on the past (5 games this year), right? Keep your prediction as is, fine. I wouldn't change it either if I were you.
Here are some quick facts from the past:
The Hill is averaging 34.5 points this year, except the Nederland game which held them to 10 pts in regulation (13 including OT). PNG averaging 35ppg. Scored 21 Vs. Ned (last score was with :03 remaining, so it wasn't relevant. Anyone who watched the game would concur). Vidor averages 29ppg (19 Vs. Ned). WOS averages 32ppg (20 Vs. Ned).
From what I hear, Livingston has a potent 'O', just not sure if they have seen a 'D' like Big Neds! Should be a great matchup and an exciting game. Hopefully it will be an injury free game. Seems to be way too many this year.

Just to provide some input on the BH/Ned game BH had 5 turnovers that were not forces! (Center to QB snaps), So even thought Ned does have a good Defense we held ourselfs back a lot in the game, so all of the credit should not got to Ned 8) With that being said I think Ned has a good chance of knocking Livingston off, but the odds are the Livingston will take this one and it will be close!

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1073824" timestamp="1317794060"]
[quote author=BigDog007 link=topic=89133.msg1073548#msg1073548 date=1317764281]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89133.msg1072909#msg1072909 date=1317682904]
[quote author=77 link=topic=89133.msg1072871#msg1072871 date=1317679503]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89133.msg1072437#msg1072437 date=1317620906]
[quote author=Knoddy1 link=topic=89133.msg1072346#msg1072346 date=1317607513]
Should be a real good match up Bulldogs defense against Lions Offense, but come game time the Bulldogs will have something the Lions don't, about 9000 screeming delierous fans that will make it real hard for the Lions to hear.  They did'nt get the full benefit of the PN G fans cause the visitors stands in Livingston are so small.  Bulldogs win it..no score prediction just know that the dogs will win.
[/quote]
Maybe 9 screaming fans.. the rest just sit there like its a funeral.. of course I am being a little exaggerated but thats what it feels like. I hate having to yell at fans to get on their feet to make some noise. makes me feel like im a lunatic..
[/quote]Why do you feel that you must yell at people to get on thier feet and scream when they paid the same ticket price you did? Maybe they just enjoy watching the game and letting the cheerleaders lead the cheers.  Should be a great game!
[/quote]
Then they can stay at home and watch the replay on tv. We are there for the players, not for ourselves. As a former player, believe me, it makes a difference when your fans are loud. Our cheerleaders don't know when to cheer. There are a few of us in the stands that start the DEFENSE chant on third or fourth down and the cheerleaders join in after we start it. Also, they seem to always want to do cheers while we are on offense. Especially the two bits-four bits. That's the worse time for us to cheer. Not their faults, I don't expect them to know everything about football.  But that's why the few of us in the stands start getting loud at certain points of the game... We are there for the football team. Not to watch halftime or anything else.. I'm sure some will take that the wrong way but I'm not going to explain what I mean. If you don't get the point then that's your issue. Way off topic so let me get it back on track. Our receivers are going to need to step up big this week. I would like to see Kimler more invovled. Kids an athlete...
[/quote]Ok godog27 you have rattled my cage and I was behind you till you said we are there for the football game and not the half time show. I have a Westernaire who bust her rear end everyday getting ready for the half time show. I would bet she knows more about whats going on during the game than half the stands. So DONT DISS THE HALF TIME. Take out all the kids and their supporters there to support the dogs that perform half time out of the stadium and you dont have the stands close to full. Yes I do agree I played at PNG and the crowd does get the team fired up but, silence the band, drill team, twirlers, cheer leaders, and flags and see how quiet the stands will be.
[/quote]
My intention was not to diminish the efforts of the other groups involved. It was directed at the band parents, etc. who leave after halftime regardless of the score.  They also cheer so loud at halftime but are dead silent the rest of the game. That was my point. Only saying that without the football team there would be no halftime show for their children to perform. I know the other groups put in a lot of hard work to put on a good show. I just hate the parents who don't root for the team and only care about halftime...
[/quote]
Speaking as a Westernaire mom who is there for my kid and FOOTBALL!! Most of us including the band parents stay until the end, we stay because our kids are there and because we support EVERYONE, (and you should too) not just the football team, and believe me most of the quiet ones are NOT the so called halftime parents. ALL of our kids work very hard to play a good game and put on a good show, you do realize the band and others are supporting the team other than at halftime right? Take a look at the Westernaires during pre game, the entire game they are participating and so is everyone else.

With that said  LET'S GO DOGS!!! :)

[quote name="EZDawg" post="1074772" timestamp="1317917397"]
[quote author=Lions#80 link=topic=89133.msg1074717#msg1074717 date=1317913673]
Livingston 35
Ned 10
[/quote]

[/quote]

Then what are you boasting about? The past? I believe we are all making predictions based on the past (5 games this year), right? Keep your prediction as is, fine. I wouldn't change it either if I were you.
Here are some quick facts from the past:
The Hill is averaging 34.5 points this year, except the Nederland game which held them to 10 pts in regulation (13 including OT). PNG averaging 35ppg. Scored 21 Vs. Ned (last score was with :03 remaining, so it wasn't relevant. Anyone who watched the game would concur). Vidor averages 29ppg (19 Vs. Ned). WOS averages 32ppg (20 Vs. Ned).
From what I hear, Livingston has a potent 'O', just not sure if they have seen a 'D' like Big Neds! Should be a great matchup and an exciting game. Hopefully it will be an injury free game. Seems to be way too many this year.
[/quote]I can't wait to see this defense too, but until we see them ,I say PNG has been the best defense we have seen. I believe that this will be the best Offense that their defense has seen this year too, but they won't know until Friday Night!!! :D :D :D :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83