Coldspring Vs Huffman

beastking18

Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman

• Coldspring
    • Huffman

[quote name="captredass" post="1087604" timestamp="1319037632"]
Like I said before, how soon people forget. We didn't whine or talk about "having class" when Huffman beat our JV baseball boys by 20 a few years ago, or when our Varsity Softball had 10 ran on them in the first two innings by Splendora, years ago. Now is our time in the light and yes we are enjoying it. So stop whinning about " having class" , and in a couple of Friday's take your medicine just like the rest of them. I'm glad you beat Silsbee last year and hope you do it this year (I'll be rooting for you), but don't ask us to stop enjoying our time in the spot light. Be like Tarkington take your beating with dignity and don't look for sympathy or forgiveness for years past, because we are going to rub it in. Trojans 40-7 third and 60-7 after our second string gets in.
[/quote]

Yet again it is not Huffman fans "whining" about having class or whatever. Personally idc what you say, just don't whine when you lose ;)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="idk" post="1087569" timestamp="1319034015"]
Some of you Colspring fans needs to be a little more respectful. You haven't won anything yet. Last year when Coldspring was getting on this site and crying cause none of the other teams in district was supporting them well you can see why, between this thread and the Tarkington vs Shepherd thread. You would think that Coldspring being as good as they are would have more class than this. It is just too bad that a few from Coldspring is giving a bunch of good people over there a bad name. You should be the class of the distric and I know the coaches over there wouldn't agree with the comments that some are making. Until you get the big trophy I would be a little more on the humble side. If memory serves me correct Coldpsring has been to the big game twice now and they have as many titles as Shepherd or Tarkington.
[/quote]

First off IDK.. dont even put shepherd and tarkington in the same breath as COLDSPRING.  I mean,i dont think u understand what it takes to make it to the big game.. the work, dedication and time these kids and coaches put in... If a couple of fans are going back and forth so be it.. But your last sentence is pure ignorance.. Coldspring is still playing football when your school is a month or 2 into basketball.. Ask anybody would they like to get to the state title game or go winless year after year and be the districts doormat.. I hope for a great played football game.. good luck to both sides but to compare coldspring, shepherd, and tarkington to state titles is A JOKE

I wasn't comparing Coldsring to Shepherd or Tarkington, so go back and re-read it. Sorry if my post was long and you couldn't understand. All I said was you had as many titles as them, Not putting them in the same breath, trust me I know the dedicatoin and work that goes into it, more that you would ever know I did. I was trying to get the few from Coldspring that make the degrading comments to understand that you don't have to be like that when you are as good as Coldspring is. I know a bunch of good people in Coldspring and even went and watched a few of the playoff games last year. I cheered them own just like their own fans did. And when this season is over and Coldspring is still playing I will do the same, just don't want to see a few make the whole town look bad. Trust me every team in our district knows how good you are and you don't have to come on here and make some of the post that you do, the boys that are playing the game are speaking loud enough for the whole town. Getting on here and talking a little smack is one thing but to totally degrade the other schools that are not up to the same level as Coldspring is not very classy. Take all the smack you would like.

The Huffman fans are taking smack also as they are just taking up for their boys and team, but will soon find out just how good Coldspring really is. Huffman is a good team (so don't take me as knocking your team Huffman) but I don't think they will be able to play with yall.

Coldspring has a good thing going on, I haven't heard anything out of them all year until this week, don't let all the good that has been done over their be over-shadowed by a few./

Would love to see Huffman beat Coldspring! I know it won't happen but they need the chip on their shoulder knocked off! The ppl from Coldspring always run everyone down. They never have anything positive to say about any other team in the district. They need to remember they are are all kids and work hard and nobody likes to lose! [b]WAS[/b] proud to see Coldspring make it to playoffs and likely go on to state because they are from the 22-3A district, but ashamed of the comments and hatefulness they display. Hope they are humbled as they move forward in playoffs and state confrence.

U want your team playing with A CHIP ON THEIR SHOULDER.. HATEFULNESS.. its a thread, its just fans jawing back and forth..None of it has to do with the outcome of the game... None of us are coaches or players so its just pointless.  I hope we see a great football game... The matchup will be a good one. Coldspring better not be overlooking Huffman or they will get hit in the face.  A great CS "D" and rushing attack  vs.  Huffmans killa spread attack and rallying D.... Cant wait, hope I can go 

Uh, guys I hate to break it to you but as much as many of us may love reading and posting on this board the number of people from any one fan base that actually post is a very small percent.....To suggest that a few posters (probably less than 10 on any given thread) speaks for or represents a entire fan base as a whole is nonsense...

[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1087702" timestamp="1319045163"]
U want your team playing with A CHIP ON THEIR SHOULDER.. HATEFULNESS.. its a thread, its just fans jawing back and forth..None of it has to do with the outcome of the game... None of us are coaches or players so its just pointless.  I hope we see a great football game... The matchup will be a good one. Coldspring better not be overlooking Huffman or they will get hit in the face.  A great CS "D" and rushing attack  vs.  Huffmans killa spread attack and rallying D.... Cant wait, hope I can go
[/quote]
Good post! I tell my boys to play with a chip on their shoulder! Its just the way football is played. Man I just hope Huffman does not overlook Cleveland. I dont think they will and should handle Cleveland scoring early and often, but this game has been on both teams radar from day 1. Should be intense and how bout the game of the week for district!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Theres nothing wrong with a lil back and forth smack talk. Just don't get your panties in a wad when someone give it back to ya. I personally thinks it hypes us up to go out on fridays and cheer our boys on to victory.  This is a big game for both teams to see where they are before the playoffs.  Just remember if you talk smack about another team get ready to take some smack back. Don't take it personal !!! WE ALL KNOW CS IS GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER LIGHTS OUT NIGHT !!! Huffman should work hard on trying to score, because winning isn't a option.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="chs11" post="1087648" timestamp="1319040774"]
Is anybody going to actually talk football on this thread?
[/quote]

11 thank you and 11 is a cool poster like many from CS.

I think this game will be a great opportunity for both teams.... Huffman can silence some critics, Coldspring can finish out 9-0 and go onto Liberty... It will be an exciting week and hopefully an exciting game...
Best of Luck to both teams...

Question: Has Coldspring always been a running offense? I know when Peveto and Moynahan were there they ran the stack I... Just curious...

Huffman and Coldspring…lets start with if anyone under estimates Huffman’s aerial game then you have not looked at the stats. Stats make the world go around just like when someone post Coldspring rushing stats should show the same respect to Huffman. Do I think Huffman will win, no but I do think that Coldspring will either become a seasoned team or either find themselves scratching their heads after the game.

Also where and how do some of you get your scores? Huffman struggled with Shepherd the first half and only beat them 35-14. When you do you all the game totals you come up with a 67 point advantage Coldspring. BUT again don’t take that to the bank. Watching the Coldspring and Cleveland game this past week I saw several wide open receivers of Cleveland that passes went right through their hands. That bothers me. The Trojans are facing the top passing team and passer in the area at their home field. If Huffman’s offense keeps Coldspring’s offensive off the field than the score will be in the low 30’s for the Trojans. I do expect Huffman to score against a predominant rushing defense through the air. Coldspring 34 Huffman 21 Remember Huffman also does not play a lot of their players during the 3rd and 4th qtr. Huffmans new quarter back has got in the grove and has learned the system, I see improvement each week. The two passing teams in the area, Liberty and Huffman remain on the Trojans schedule. We will see just how good of a defense they have against the pass.
P.S I am a Coldspring fan but also a football realist. The funny part of this is if I am wrong, it will not be the first time I was wrong and no one has told me what the prize was for being right. If you looked at my last week’s predictions in the paper I had Coldspring 60 Cleveland 0

"If Huffman’s offense keeps Coldspring’s offensive off the field than the score will be in the low 30’s for the Trojans." Only coldspring can keep it's offense off the field or huffman's D, whichever way you look at it. If huffman does in fact move ball well they will have quick td drives or quick three and outs, imo. Coldspring's D needs to make 3 and long situations so we can get after the QB which I know morrison will try to send some pressure.

chs11
"If Huffman’s offense keeps Coldspring’s offensive off the field than the score will be in the low 30’s for the Trojans." Only coldspring can keep it's offense off the field or huffman's D, whichever way you look at it.

Think about it for a second...But....I was just wondering how the Coldspring offense can be on the field with the Huffman offense at the same time? Like I said "If the Huffman offense can keep the Coldspring offense off the field" (By controling the ball with a passing game)

I do appreciate and thank you for trying to give me a helping hand with my post though.
Never the less I expect  a good game, maybe!!!

[quote name="jnunn" post="1089688" timestamp="1319243659"]
chs11
"If Huffman’s offense keeps Coldspring’s offensive off the field than the score will be in the low 30’s for the Trojans." Only coldspring can keep it's offense off the field or huffman's D, whichever way you look at it.

Think about it for a second...But....I was just wondering how the Coldspring offense can be on the field with the Huffman offense at the same time? Like I said "If the Huffman offense can keep the Coldspring offense off the field" (By controling the ball with a passing game)

I do appreciate and thank you for trying to give me a helping hand with my post though.
Never the less I expect  a good game, maybe!!!
[/quote]

I may have worded it wrong, but what I was trying to say was that I don't know that if a passing game runs the clock to well. Example -  recievers run out of out bounds, incomplete passes, and if it's second and long and third and long they'll be passing the ball all night to get first downs.
You can ask beaumont kelly how much a passing attack can stop the clock after they play st.thomas. You can expect a game with st.thomas to feel like it last three hours.

"I was just wondering how the Coldspring offense can be on the field with the Huffman offense at the same time?"

what i meant to say was( like I said in a earlier post) that penalties might keep us from having sustained drives, or that we might just under perform , as in we're our own worst enemy, hence "keeping ourselves off the field".

Realy looking forward to next weeks game between CS and Huffman, They always play each other hard. this will also be a good test for each team going into te playoffs. If both teams bring their A-game i predict the game to be close and a nail biter. i would hope of a clean game with good refs and injery free.
  Both teams should rep-22-3a well, I had about 2 rows of CS players at the game watching us a Cleavland, they seemed to be impressed with the air assault.But who wouldn't be impressed with CS running game?

Guest beechnut
Out the window with all the cheap talk and lets see who man up. I will say as a Falcon fan hope we show well but telling you CS was not in the title game last year for nothing. Will tell us real quick what we got and whats in store for the playoffs. Good luck to both teams and practice hard this week so we can see what you got.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa