West Orange-Stark vs. Giddings Game Thread/GIDDINGS WINS 14-6!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1066299" timestamp="1317000519"]
I dont understand why everyone is upset.  I know I am not from WOS, so my thoughts do not matter......BUT....The city of West Orange fought long and hard to get "the man".  The man was Coach T. 

Everyone knew what he was and said they wanted a disciplinarian at the helm of the program.......  Coach T.  You had speaches on here saying that discipline is what is needed!  He loves the kids!  He wants the best for our kids because they are his kids!  With some of our kids he is the father figure!

Well Dad got upset in how some of his kids proformed and called them out.  So what.....some times it is needed.  In the game with Jasper I know he praised the kids.....some of the ones that he called out.  Do you only want the good?

Give the guy some room.  I just dont understand.....you asked and demanded the School Board give Coach T the job...now he cant do a thing right.

Skip you have his photo on everyone of your post.  Are you going to take it down if you keep hammering him?
[/quote]

I agree as well. Wasn't at the ballgame, but heard an excellent play-by-play from Gary & Co. (KOGT Radio). I had no problem with what Coach T said on-air. He's passionate about his player's, staff etc. and that's exactly the type of leader WO-S needs! Get over it people!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1066336" timestamp="1317002542"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=88803.msg1066299#msg1066299 date=1317000519]
I dont understand why everyone is upset.  I know I am not from WOS, so my thoughts do not matter......BUT....The city of West Orange fought long and hard to get "the man".  The man was Coach T. 

Everyone knew what he was and said they wanted a disciplinarian at the helm of the program.......  Coach T.  You had speaches on here saying that discipline is what is needed!  He loves the kids!  He wants the best for our kids because they are his kids!  With some of our kids he is the father figure!

Well Dad got upset in how some of his kids proformed and called them out.  So what.....some times it is needed.  In the game with Jasper I know he praised the kids.....some of the ones that he called out.  Do you only want the good?

Give the guy some room.  I just dont understand.....you asked and demanded the School Board give Coach T the job...now he cant do a thing right.

Skip you have his photo on everyone of your post.  Are you going to take it down if you keep hammering him?
[/quote]

Those that are frustrated can know this, no one is more frustrated with this start than Cornel Thompson.  As I was on the road from Huntsville, I didn't hear the interview or the names of those that were called out.  But this is how Coach Thompson works, he is about accountability.  He expects it of himself, his staff and his players.  That is the guy I want coaching my alma mater. I am glad he is and I believe West Orange-Stark will be okay simply because he is there.
[/quote]He didnt call anyone out by name, they will be fine!

[quote name="OrangeFBfan" post="1066348" timestamp="1317003340"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=88803.msg1066299#msg1066299 date=1317000519]

[/quote]

I agree as well. Wasn't at the ballgame, but heard an excellent play-by-play from Gary & Co. (KOGT Radio). I had no problem with what Coach T said on-air. He's passionate about his player's, staff etc. and that's exactly the type of leader WO-S needs! Get over it people!
[/quote]

I totally agree with these two posts. I listened to the game and heard the post game interview. Coach T was ticked and what he said needed to be said! He NEVER called any player out by name. You lose a game in the manner that WOS did, it has to be very frustrating to the head coach. Regardless of what some of you think, Coach Thompson is the right man for the job!!

Like I said in a previous post, it's going to be a tough week of practice at the Corral and Kirbyville, I feel for you guys. ;)

When Coach T was hired, y'all should''ve seen this comming with the offense. He said he wanted to run more from the I formation and shorten the game and play tough defense. That sounds like, what he has done. The kids just have to execute better. Coach T will have them ready come district.
I must say I have never saw people get off a band waggon as fast as some of the people on this website. Four games into the season and some people want his head. The very people that said he was ONLY one that could take over for Coach Hooks. He is changing offenses and that takes time. Give him a break. I didn't hear the post game interview but frm what I have gathered from previous posts that he called out his seniors. So what! At some point in time the coach can only do so much motivating, then it is up to your seniors to step up.
As for Toby, he was not forced out. If he had gotten then job Coach T would've retired. Somebody was right on here when they said that Hodges' offense hasn't worked anywhere, because I can't think of a place where it has.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1066436" timestamp="1317033326"]
[quote author=OrangeFBfan link=topic=88803.msg1066348#msg1066348 date=1317003340]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I totally agree with these two posts. I listened to the game and heard the post game interview. Coach T was ticked and what he said needed to be said! He NEVER called any player out by name. You lose a game in the manner that WOS did, it has to be very frustrating to the head coach. Regardless of what some of you think, Coach Thompson is the right man for the job!!

Like I said in a previous post, it's going to be a tough week of practice at the Corral and Kirbyville, I feel for you guys. ;)
[/quote]

Thanks Aggie...But I'm not worried..If He can beat us 150/Nothing That's fine more power to Him... What good does it do to beat up a down team,When you go back up against a good team you got the same problem again And He must realize He won't be able to do it forever.... ;) ;D

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1066513" timestamp="1317044790"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=88803.msg1066510#msg1066510 date=1317044617]
Who knows.  He might teach another leason and only win by a few points.  That would get everyone in WOS land upset.
[/quote]

Let Him pick his own lesson...Kirbyville is no stranger to either kind..lol ;D
[/quote]
oops

I'm with coach T on this.He knows the buck stops with him and he said as much,but he knows some of the kids can do better and said as much.No big deal.The kids are not walking around saying woe is me because the coach said the could do better.They know how intense coach T is and know when they screw up or not preform they are going to hear it from him.Coaches get in players faces at games when they aren't preforming the way they could all the time in front of all to see.It's not your way,it's the mustang way.Those that have played for WO-S knows what that intails.Yeah,coach T has some worked to do so get out of his way.

i agree with you on that gunho but you saw what most of us there saw if you dont agree with some of the guys that were there shaking there heads on the PLAY CALLING IN THE RED ZONE let me know and i will stop pointing my finger at the OC and the guy up in the press box calling down to him  >:( >:( ::) ::)

[quote name="Gabe" post="1066657" timestamp="1317055012"]
Boo hoo Coach T demands perfection. Is this the first year you think Coach T has said these exact words? Heck I bet he has said something along those lines after a blowout win. This being an issue is the biggest non issue I have ever seen.
[/quote]

My sentiments exactly.

Ill say it again, CALM DOWN people! I agree with many people on here that some of the Coach T supporters jumped off the wagon because we barely lost to three good teams. I am not a fair weather fan nor ever will be. thompson is the only man for this job. As for the interview, if you have played for him you would know he pulls no punches. He expects a full effort no matter what. If he called out senior leadership, then you better dang know that is the problem. he is a man of his word and his integrity is second to none. Here is the problem...Coach hooks was a political coach, always spoke to the crowd at hand. He was a spokesman per say. Thompson is not, he is a get it done and no excuses type of guy. Two totally different personalities. Both are great, and both are proven winners. Instead of critisizing and whining, lets band together and support what he is trying to do and that is to create a championship team! True Mustangs dont complain, they take care of business!!!

[quote name="skipper" post="1066661" timestamp="1317055425"]
i agree with you on that gunho but you saw what most of us there saw if you dont agree with some of the guys that were there shaking there heads on the PLAY CALLING IN THE RED ZONE let me know and i will stop pointing my finger at the OC and the guy up in the press box calling down to him  >:( >:( ::) ::)
[/quote]

Yeah I heard all that and coach T said they had some things to fix.He didn't have blinders own so he saw the same things we saw.Funny that I didn't hear what a great performance our defense had though.That was one heck of a job they did.Lets give coach a chance to right the ship.I know it will be awhile before we play a continder type team but those that know football will be able to see if anythings have improved.

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1066769" timestamp="1317061953"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=88803.msg1066661#msg1066661 date=1317055425]
[/quote]

Yeah I heard all that and coach T said they had some things to fix.He didn't have blinders own so he saw the same things we saw.Funny that I didn't hear what a great performance our defense had though.That was one heck of a job they did.Lets give coach a chance to right the ship.I know it will be awhile before we play a continder type team but those that know football will be able to see if anythings have improved.
[/quote]

I also agree Gun, and if you look at my first post on this thread, you will see where I said that the defense we played Saturday was a championship type of performance. It is very rare when you stop a team COMPLETELY (except for two plays) and lose. But look at it this way, if the defense is that good then that means there is only 50% we need to worry about. pretty good numbers in my book.

[quote name="skipper" post="1066661" timestamp="1317055425"]
[/quote]the down-fall of WOS football started when Coach Owens was fired.  now all of you can see how important he was to the team. I say, bring back Coach Owens to run the offense.  we need him now, more than ever.

[quote name="speveto" post="1066874" timestamp="1317069648"]
[/quote]the down-fall of WOS football started when[b] Coach Owens was fired[/b].  now all of you can see how important he was to the team. I say, bring back Coach Owens to run the offense.  we need him now, more than ever.
[/quote]

Why was Owens fired?

[quote name="kicker" post="1066693" timestamp="1317057874"]
Ill say it again, CALM DOWN people! I agree with many people on here that some of the Coach T supporters jumped off the wagon because we barely lost to three good teams. I am not a fair weather fan nor ever will be. thompson is the only man for this job. As for the interview, if you have played for him you would know he pulls no punches. He expects a full effort no matter what. If he called out senior leadership, then you better dang know that is the problem. he is a man of his word and his integrity is second to none. [b]Here is the problem...Coach hooks was a political coach, always spoke to the crowd at hand. He was a spokesman per say. Thompson is not, he is a get it done and no excuses type of guy.[/b] Two totally different personalities. Both are great, and both are proven winners. Instead of critisizing and whining, lets band together and support what he is trying to do and that is to create a championship team! True Mustangs dont complain, they take care of business!!!
[/quote]

I am not worried about the record or the margin in which we have lost.  I think you probably hit the nail on the head for myself.  For as long as I have known Mustang football, I have heard maybe the political response in interviews and the newspaper and not the "cut and dry, take or leave it" interview.  Guess it will take some getting used to.  Us fans are a funny bunch....we hear a coach "sugar coat" things and we think "wonder what he is really thinking".  Then a coach gives it to me straight and its like "now he didnt have to go there".

Wow is all I can say.  Just because a guys around for 30+ years we are suppose to forget the fact he blamed the players for the loss.  Kids are gonna make mistakes they are human but don't throw them under the bus when it was very obvious the play caller clearly didn't have his act together so therefore it's going to cause the players to look as though they don't know what they are doing.  I don't recall him being "thrown under the bus" on public radio. Just sayin'

[quote name="sportsfreak2008" post="1067112" timestamp="1317087440"]
Wow is all I can say.  Just because a guys around for 30+ years we are suppose to forget the fact he blamed the players for the loss.  Kids are gonna make mistakes they are human but don't throw them under the bus when it was very obvious the play caller clearly didn't have his act together so therefore it's going to cause the players to look as though they don't know what they are doing.  I don't recall him being "thrown under the bus" on public radio. Just sayin'
[/quote]I heard him say it all falls back on him.

[quote name="sportsfreak2008" post="1067112" timestamp="1317087440"]
[/quote]

I heard the interview a little while ago. He talked about some players being selfish and not being team players. Personally, I think they should play it again on the loud speakers at practice so everyone can hear it because he was right on the money. Ridiculous to accuse him of throwing someone under the bus. It's motivation and is absolutely necessary at times and this is one of them.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1066973" timestamp="1317076494"]
[quote author=speveto link=topic=88803.msg1066874#msg1066874 date=1317069648]
[/quote]the down-fall of WOS football started when[b] Coach Owens was fired[/b].  now all of you can see how important he was to the team. I say, bring back Coach Owens to run the offense.  we need him now, more than ever.
[/quote]

Why was Owens fired?
[/quote]

Who the heck was Coach Owens?

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1067159" timestamp="1317089706"]
[quote author=sportsfreak2008 link=topic=88803.msg1067112#msg1067112 date=1317087440]
[/quote]

I heard the interview a little while ago. He talked about some players being selfish and not being team players. Personally, I think they should play it again on the loud speakers at practice so everyone can hear it because he was right on the money. Ridiculous to accuse him of throwing someone under the bus. It's motivation and is absolutely necessary at times and this is one of them.
[/quote]

EXACTLY!! This is the message I got from that interview.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1067161" timestamp="1317089767"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=88803.msg1066973#msg1066973 date=1317076494]
[quote author=speveto link=topic=88803.msg1066874#msg1066874 date=1317069648]
[/quote]

Why was Owens fired?
[/quote]

Who the heck was Coach Owens?
[/quote]

Good question.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder