Baytown Lee vs. Crosby Game Thread/Baytown Lee wins!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1064609" timestamp="1316836950"]
[quote author=StarlessTexas link=topic=88747.msg1064585#msg1064585 date=1316836597]
Congrats to lee. sounds like baytown had the best games tonight :D
[/quote]

Like I have said for years, "REAL FOOTBALL IS PLAYED WEST of the TRINITY"  ;)
[/quote]

Ya, west of the Trinity river!  ;)

BTW, congrats to Lee!

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1064694" timestamp="1316839680"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=88747.msg1064653#msg1064653 date=1316837863]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=88747.msg1064650#msg1064650 date=1316837773]
Things just got real in 19-4A tonight!
[/quote]

a little parody in 19-4a this year.
[/quote]
assume you meant "parity", either way, your wrong.  Parody is prob closer, lol.
[/quote]

I know bh is really high right now but watch out for those Baytown teams they have the ability to do things to you. both lee and GCM. p.s. GCM is the darkhorse to beat bh this year (in my opinion)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1065028" timestamp="1316882234"]
Where should Crosby be ranked now? ::)
[/quote]

I think the more important question is how far down do you now move Nederland and PNG.  Crosby, Dayton, BH have all beat 20-4A teams and now Lee takes out Crosby. 

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1064637" timestamp="1316837478"]
14 played qb almost whole game (3 plays he was out), Astin Walter hurt his arm 2 separate times cougs qb was out for most the 4th quarter.

but Gator heavy 2x in a row from the 3 won lee the game.
[/quote] the offense played bad really bad but still had 410 yards rushing. Crosby's secondary is whats killing crosby.

[quote name="SETEXASSPORTS" post="1065742" timestamp="1316955362"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=88747.msg1064637#msg1064637 date=1316837478]
14 played qb almost whole game (3 plays he was out), Astin Walter hurt his arm 2 separate times cougs qb was out for most the 4th quarter.

[/quote] the offense played bad really bad but still had 410 yards rushing. Crosby's secondary is whats killing crosby.
[/quote]

4 turnovers after large drives = your offense is killing you all three turnovers happened on the lee side of the field, don't speculate about a game you didn't see. yeah 410 rushing yards and the whole 3rd quarter we passed the ball... go figure. Secondary wasn't the people getting picked on it was the line backing core second half rally was due to good running/playing a fast and athletic qb. worrying about those two got people out of position. Crosby has a zone and their was nothing caught over the top, broken tackles yes but nothing over the top.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1066088" timestamp="1316986055"]
[quote author=SETEXASSPORTS link=topic=88747.msg1065742#msg1065742 date=1316955362]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=88747.msg1064637#msg1064637 date=1316837478]

[/quote]

4 turnovers after large drives = your offense is killing you all three turnovers happened on the lee side of the field, don't speculate about a game you didn't see. yeah 410 rushing yards and the whole 3rd quarter we passed the ball... go figure. Secondary wasn't the people getting picked on it was the line backing core second half rally was due to good running/playing a fast and athletic qb. worrying about those two got people out of position. Crosby has a zone and their was nothing caught over the top, broken tackles yes but nothing over the top.
[/quote]imagine if the offense gets every thing clicking they should rush for 600yrds ::) but number 14 for lee is good and he loved to scramble and its hard to tackle him whem your only rushing 3 guys

Jaevon Richardson is the real deal.  The feature Aggie put the team on his back and won the game.  Crosby just could not stop him. 
However; After Crosby scored on their first position in OT, Lee had a 4th down play, in OT he scrambled and got the first down.  It looked to me like his knee was down in the backfield.  I looked at the tape, and it was.  Crosby should have won the game.
I am not blaming the refs for the loss.  The refs should not determine the outcome of the game.
Just needed to vent a little...

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="1066443" timestamp="1317034279"]
I don't care what anybody anybody says. You can rush or throw for a 1,000 yards all you want but you can't have 5 turnovers in a game & still expect to win. Crosby has to learn to hold on to the ball & not throw interceptions. It is that simple!!!!!
[/quote]
to be fair both interception are on plays they hadn't ran in game situation previously. one he didn't put enough loft to get the screen over the lb, the other was a medium range play with a safety over top cb on bottom, in both cases those are tought throws. i don't know why we would put a sophmore in that position. seems like a position to fail not a position to succeed.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1066766" timestamp="1317061762"]
[quote author=RED MACHINE link=topic=88747.msg1066443#msg1066443 date=1317034279]
I don't care what anybody anybody says. You can rush or throw for a 1,000 yards all you want but you can't have 5 turnovers in a game & still expect to win. Crosby has to learn to hold on to the ball & not throw interceptions. It is that simple!!!!!
[/quote]
to be fair both interception are on plays they hadn't ran in game situation previously. one he didn't put enough loft to get the screen over the lb, the other was a medium range play with a safety over top cb on bottom, in both cases those are tought throws. i don't know why we would put a sophmore in that position. seems like a position to fail not a position to succeed.
[/quote]

I see why people call you Goubtalk. Life isn't fair. Soph. or Senior DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER & GIVE YOURSELF A CHANCE TO WIN.
Now on a second note this Crosby Team can't afford to make mistakes like turning the ball. I see the offense can score around 35 points & the defense gives up around 28 points. So we don't need turnovers VERY SIMPLE.

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="1066778" timestamp="1317062543"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=88747.msg1066766#msg1066766 date=1317061762]
[quote author=RED MACHINE link=topic=88747.msg1066443#msg1066443 date=1317034279]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I see why people call you Goubtalk. Life isn't fair. Soph. or Senior DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER & GIVE YOURSELF A CHANCE TO WIN.
Now on a second note this Crosby Team can't afford to make mistakes like turning the ball. I see the offense can score around 35 points & the defense gives up around 28 points. So we don't need turnovers VERY SIMPLE.
[/quote]

So lets get this straight? Hay Sophmore this is a new play were gonna run it 15x in practice then where gonna tell you to do it? A Touch pass that takes QB's months to develop, the ability to sink a ball?

Perhaps you'd rather the safety hand the ball off every play? If you don't want him to turn the ball over don't run plays that are high risk. Throw screens/Run the ball help the kid out.

10 point lead with the ball why aren't we lining up a heavy set and pounding the ball with #11 Forrest Tyler. Hit the hole and push. I'd much rather trust my line with a one cut back than my Sophmore QB with a touch pass. Also I'm not sure whats going on in your head but reciting lore of ancient football bygones doesn't solve the problem.

See a Fan says "We can't turnover the ball", A coach says "we have to minimize the risk of turning over the ball due to our youth"

"Life isn't fair. Soph. or Senior DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER & GIVE YOURSELF A CHANCE TO WIN."

Austin Walter produced more positive plays than negative plays. he had 2 Picks he had a 30+ yard run and a score on the ground. He was asked to throw the ball deeper than he had been all season. guess what he got Picked off. I expect a bunch of short passes and a 6 linemen set for the backs.

Also as a disclaimer: I work under the philosophy that Jimmy Johnson once said. Every coach makes 3 bad play calls a game, if a coach is honest with himself he can find them. Thus as an observer should give credence to the fact hindsight is 20/20 i think Coach will definitely have a more capable game plan for his QB.

Of Course assuming he plays (he was out at the end of the game).

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1068130" timestamp="1317194041"]
[quote author=RED MACHINE link=topic=88747.msg1066778#msg1066778 date=1317062543]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=88747.msg1066766#msg1066766 date=1317061762]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So lets get this straight? Hay Sophmore this is a new play were gonna run it 15x in practice then where gonna tell you to do it? A Touch pass that takes QB's months to develop, the ability to sink a ball?

Perhaps you'd rather the safety hand the ball off every play? If you don't want him to turn the ball over don't run plays that are high risk. Throw screens/Run the ball help the kid out.

10 point lead with the ball why aren't we lining up a heavy set and pounding the ball with #11 Forrest Tyler. Hit the hole and push. I'd much rather trust my line with a one cut back than my Sophmore QB with a touch pass. Also I'm not sure whats going on in your head but reciting lore of ancient football bygones doesn't solve the problem.

See a Fan says "We can't turnover the ball", A coach says "we have to minimize the risk of turning over the ball due to our youth"

"Life isn't fair. Soph. or Senior DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER & GIVE YOURSELF A CHANCE TO WIN."

Austin Walter produced more positive plays than negative plays. he had 2 Picks he had a 30+ yard run and a score on the ground. He was asked to throw the ball deeper than he had been all season. guess what he got Picked off. I expect a bunch of short passes and a 6 linemen set for the backs.

Also as a disclaimer: I work under the philosophy that Jimmy Johnson once said. Every coach makes 3 bad play calls a game, if a coach is honest with himself he can find them. Thus as an observer should give credence to the fact hindsight is 20/20 i think Coach will definitely have a more capable game plan for his QB.

Of Course assuming he plays (he was out at the end of the game).
[/quote]

Ok Goubtalk let's get 2 things straight. If you know so much about this team then you would know that # 11 is Jacoby Scott not Forrest Tyler and that Aston Walter is the QB. Also the the 2nd pick was a 5 yard down & out & the left tackle made the play to stop the return for a touchdown. SO PLEASE DON'T ACT LIKE YOU KNOW THE TEAM OR FOR THAT MATTER WHAT IS GOING ON DURING THE GAME. Also if he has been asked 15x to run the play during practice then he ought to have it down pretty good. They throw the deep pattern everyday at practice at least 15x & have been practicing for 7 weeks now with 2 weeks of 2 a days. I am done with this conversation.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder