Did Jasper break UIL rules on the first day of practice?

Guest incognito123
Even if they did, it is pretty obvious that it was a mistake made by a young head coach in his first year of head coaching. 

What I find repulsive is you posting this and raising the question.  If you truly had the best interests of all setx football players in mind, you wouldn't have posted this in such as way as to draw attention to this very minor infraction.  As I suspected, you are one who enjoys stirring the pot and seeing what kind of trouble you can start.  Hence why you are always talking about "things you hear" but never divulging any information.  I just lost a lot of respect for you Mike. 

Posts are removed regularly from this board for bashing players.  People are banned for bashing players.  By doing this, you could cost players their season.  Satisfied?

[quote name="incognito123" post="1030804" timestamp="1312329590"]
Even if they did, it is pretty obvious that it was a mistake made by a young head coach in his first year of head coaching. 

What I find repulsive is you posting this and raising the question.  If you truly had the best interests of all setx football players in mind, you wouldn't have posted this in such as way as to draw attention to this very minor infraction.  As I suspected, you are one who enjoys stirring the pot and seeing what kind of trouble you can start.  Hence why you are always talking about "things you hear" but never divulging any information.  I just lost a lot of respect for you Mike. 

Posts are removed regularly from this board for bashing players.  People are banned for bashing players.  By doing this, [b]you could cost players their season.[/b]  Satisfied?
[/quote]

Cost them their season? Lighten up!! If it is an infraction, it is just a minor one, one that will not cost anyone a season.

No player was bashed in my post. Do not see the connection. ???

[quote name="incognito123" post="1030804" timestamp="1312329590"]

What I find repulsive is you posting this and raising the question.  If you truly had the best interests of all setx football players in mind, you wouldn't have posted this in such as way as to draw attention to this very minor infraction.  As I suspected, you are one who enjoys stirring the pot and seeing what kind of trouble you can start.  Hence why you are always talking about "things you hear" but never divulging any information.  I just lost a lot of respect for you Mike.  

Posts are removed regularly from this board for bashing players.  People are banned for bashing players.  By doing this, you could cost players their season.  Satisfied?
[/quote]

Actually, it is not AAW that brought this to everyone's attention.  This transgression, if it is viewed by the UIL to be one, was apparently reported earlier today.  This was shown on the most watched television station in the area last night, so it is not like he is showing something that was not already seen by the viewing public.  

I agree according to UIL wording it appears to be a violation.  

I agree a minor one that you will probably never hear about again after a stern warning from UIL to Jasper and I agree incognito, your post is a little over board, maybe you should take your own advise and not quite pull the trigger so hard at first!

There are no minor infractions.  When you see an obvious one, does that mean there are more?  New coach is not an excuse.  You need to know the rules when you take the job.  A minor infraction at the plant costs thousands. Did they do this at the school he came from?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1030809" timestamp="1312330760"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=86244.msg1030804#msg1030804 date=1312329590]

What I find repulsive is you posting this and raising the question.  If you truly had the best interests of all setx football players in mind, you wouldn't have posted this in such as way as to draw attention to this very minor infraction.  As I suspected, you are one who enjoys stirring the pot and seeing what kind of trouble you can start.  Hence why you are always talking about "things you hear" but never divulging any information.  I just lost a lot of respect for you Mike.  

Posts are removed regularly from this board for bashing players.  People are banned for bashing players.  By doing this, you could cost players their season.  Satisfied?
[/quote]

Actually, it is not AAW that brought this to everyone's attention.  This transgression, if it is viewed by the UIL to be one, was apparently reported earlier today.  This was shown on the most watched television station in the area last night, so it is not like he is showing something that was not already seen by the viewing public.  
[/quote]

Did KFDM actually point this out or just air what they shot? I would say 99% of people probably have no idea that they can't use pads until it was mentioned on here. Either way, no reason to start a post on here for something minor. Incognito, I'm with you. I have seen this man verbally attack people on here and try to stir the pot. I've reported the comments and nothing was done. I watched someone get banned for a week for responding to his post (the one banned deserved to be). This is a good site but some of the admins and moderators need abide by the rules as well. The deal for me is this, if they did break UIL rules report it when they have any kind of sanction from the UIL...don't post to stir and get something started.

Ok, just thought I'd clear this up, but Id bet that AAW didnt know anything about this until I sent him a PM about it!  I got the information from someone that told me its already been reported to the UIL and AAW posting the information he did, did not start anything or create anything that wasn't already started!  He didn't start anything or expose anything that wasnt already reported, aired to thousands by local media, and clearly an obvious MINOR violation.  Chill people!

[quote name="football" post="1030826" timestamp="1312332127"]
[b]There are no minor infractions[/b].  When you see an obvious one, does that mean there are more?  New coach is not an excuse.  You need to know the rules when you take the job.  A minor infraction at the plant costs thousands. Did they do this at the school he came from?
[/quote]

There are different consequences depending on the nature of the violation, my point was Jasper should not have to forfeit their season as someone suggested.

For the most part guys on here are VERY knowledgable regarding High School football. Plus, they are very passionate about their town/city/school. I'd say at least 50% of the guys on here know you aren't to use pads yet. http://panews.com/sports/x2057656118/Southeast-Texas-high-school-football-gearing-up

Like a few others said this is a very minor infraction and probably no action will be taken. No big deal in my opinion.

Guest ECBucFan
Anyone notice Testosterone increasing inversely proportional to the days remaining 'til the season officially kicks off?   :o            ;D

Looking at the pictures I took out there for the paper they had on some sort of thigh pads. Looks like it was part of the under armor stuff they had on. They didn't have anything like shoulder pads or anything but you can clearly see that. Looks like just an honest mistake, but a mistake just the same. It would be sad if the season is lost as someone suggested over something minor like this.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1030809" timestamp="1312330760"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=86244.msg1030804#msg1030804 date=1312329590]

Posts are removed regularly from this board for bashing players.  People are banned for bashing players.  By doing this, you could cost players their season.  Satisfied?
[/quote]

Actually, it is not AAW that brought this to everyone's attention.  This transgression, if it is viewed by the UIL to be one, was apparently reported earlier today.  This was shown on the most watched television station in the area last night, so it is not like he is showing something that was not already seen by the viewing public. 
[/quote]

I do not feel that I overreacted to what Mike posted.  He obviously was trying to stir up some trouble on the boards about Jaspers "minor infraction".  I'm willing to bet that several "minor" infractions were made all across setx.  My point is this, Mike singled out Jasper for a mistake.  He threw up the information, that he got from an avid Kirbyville supporter in a PM, for everyone to see.  Basically pointing the finger and making sure everyone's attention was directed at this "minor" infraction.  It's not like coach Morgan had the guys out there in full pads, going through contact drlls.  They were using hand pads.  Here's my question for Rykerx and AAW, if it was so "minor" as you guys are saying, why bring it up in the first place?  Why embarass the players that way, or the coach that way?  On to the point about bashing players, the reason we do not bash players on this board is, according to the admins, because we are here to discuss football and not individual players.  I've heard admins say that "kids read this board and they do not need to hear us bashing them in public forum".  I totally agree, but my question is this, what about one of your admins questioning the integrity of an entire program?  Bringing to light a "minor infraction?"  How do you think the Jasper kids who logged on yesterday felt when they saw that post?  Do you think they called their friends and asked about it?  Do you think they called their coaches and asked about it?  Do you think they might have thought they were going to get in trouble?  Probably so.  In the climate we live in today, when you hear that a program violated UIL rules, that is serious.  The title of your post says enough.  It was written in such a way as to provoke shock and cause people to key up the topic while already expecting the worst.  It was a low thing to do for most of us "insignificant" posters, but from a moderator who, supposedly, upholds the "player first" mentallity of this board, it is downright disgraceful.

I realy cant beleave I am doing this , defending Aggie,but Dude you need to get your pantys out of your crack >:( This sight is to talk smack about your team, and the fact that Jasper got cought breaking a rule, even though small its still the rule. Mike makes post to draw action from everone. If this small post upset you you need to just deleate your name and go play in another sand box, because you cant handel this one. ::) :o

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1030993" timestamp="1312385193"]
Who cares if its hand pads. smh. i see if this was full pads on. hand pads? were talking bout hand pads, not a set of full pads, but hand pads.  ;) :D

UIL is probably laughing at the thought of bringing this up.  :D :D :D
[/quote]

The UIL takes themselves MUCH TOO SERIOUSLY to laugh.  They have a by-law that demands that they laugh at nothing. :D

well by golly something has to be done about this crap,these coaches have to be held responsible, I think they should have to run 10-100 yard belly flops, flip tires for 500 yards, sit in the invisible chair for 2 hours, carry the blocking dummies in and out for a week, fill and carry the water bottles during practice and write 10,000 sentences ( I will not let the players wear pads on the first day of practice). I mean were talking about practice--------practice, were talking about practice, not a game, practice, I mean, come on man, were talking about practice. LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont