Nederland ???

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="The-NHS" post="1031970" timestamp="1312595663"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=86221.msg1031876#msg1031876 date=1312567252]
I could probably go back and find fifty different posts from the '09 football season from fans of every school in 20-4A that say the exact same thing, but whatever. We'll just see how many deep playoff runs PN-G has made in ten years and how many Nederland has made in ten years and call it at that.

My point about the program is that whether it's fully implemented or not, you still have yet to see kids that developed entirely in it on the football field. The kids in the seventh grade during the '09 season (Faircloth's first season here) are just now entering high school. Everyone that's on the field right now was partially developed by the Burnett program and partially by the Faircloth program. You can't rate two programs against each other until both have products that are solely theirs on the field. The PN-G Indians of the 2014 season are going to look totally different than the PN-G Indians of today, and I personally believe that the rest of 20-4A - perhaps the rest of the state - is going to be in for a surprise when they hit the field.
[/quote]

No, your point was that you claimed Faircloth was going to reinvent football in SETX. Bring something "never seen before". I'm still waiting to hear about how the play calling varies in different parts of the state.
[/quote]

No, I never said Faircloth was going to reinvent anything. I said that he pulls new, unexpected things out of his playbook every time someone thinks they have his style figured out. The man's clever and he was known at Odessa Permian for doing the unexpected; it's not surprising that he brought that reputation with him.

It's been said a thousand times on this site. You tend to get a lot of teams around here that focus more on an old school running game. The more successful teams in the area develop multiple weapons and at least have a decent passing game. That said, normally the large school teams around here don't have the same amount of depth as teams from Houston and other larger areas. For that reason, you tend to see coaches sticking wth the same thing rather than mixing it up to keep defenses guessing. Burnett, towards the end, was probably the world's worst, but he wasn't the only one. Neumann, to be honest, has probably been one of the better in the area for his ability to make quick adjustments and mix it up when he needed to.

But that's beside the point. We still have yet to see a full product of Faircloth's program. What he's done with what he had when he got here was incredible. What a team that developed entirely under the Faircloth staff will look like on the field is unknown. That's the variable I was referring to.

Guest The-NHS
I'm excited to see Faircloth's new plays from other parts of Texas. It'll be cool seeing plays I've never seen before...

If Nederland stays away from the injury bug we will give Livingston a run for their money. Also, we need solid QB play. I don't care who wins the starting job, I just know Raines has really been all in throughout the summer. Hopefully it pays off.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1031992" timestamp="1312609554"]
Neumann seems to have a little spring in his step and a bigger bark.
[/quote]

That's because he knows the potential of this year's team.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1031992" timestamp="1312609554"]
I am pleased to say after 1 week of practice BigNeds defense looks like a force Mr Faircloth better plan for. Oh and the offense looks like it is coming along alittle faster then expected. Hopes are high as are the spirt of the coaches. Neumann seems to have a little spring in his step and a bigger bark. Those boys were fired up and ready to hit each other today. They were loud ,proud and were hittn hard. It was fun to watch and hear.
[/quote]

Nice to hear this.  Want to see the boys fired up and smiling coaches!  Can't wait to see them in action.

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="The Godfather" post="1032306" timestamp="1312752106"]
So.... Back to the topic at hand.... Nederland football

Are they working a lot of 2 TE and 2 back sets, or just the regular multiple Pro and I formations?
[/quote]

2 back sets like the pro and I formations??

Nederland's primary formation will be a FB and either a HB or TB  with one TE, WR and a Slot receiver, the play action pass will be a big weapon this year. Gone is the Wild dog, he went to TCU, the spread will be used sparingly, finally we will see a balanced offense with misdirection, traps and pulling linemen and what works with all of this is the play action pass. It reminds me of Dallas back when JJ was winning Superbowls, run the ball, big play action passes down the field,  3rd down passes to the TE to keep the drives going and solid defense and special teams play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics