What's Your Favorite Football Stadium To Visit?

Guest UHCoog14
The Dome  was once THE ultimate destinaton of many football teams. It was in no way the best playing surface, but it was an awesome experience.
I enjoy seeing a game at Stallworth in Baytown. It needs some work, but  it is still one of the nicer facilities in SE Texas IMO.

For HS football I love the Berry Center in Katy.It's an awesome facility w/great close up seating.Now,for a stadium I disliked the most BH.I'm hoping for great new visitors stands w/more than 2 main isles and 1 entrance @N and S ends.Surely concessions will triple w/the new but in the old I would not try to carry a tray w/sodas n nachos walking sideways to get to my seat.No handicap access in the stands either.New anything is way cool,thanks bond voters of the Ant Mound ;) ::) ::) 8) ??? 8)

[quote name="UHCoog14" post="1027479" timestamp="1311379628"]
The Dome  was once THE ultimate destinaton of many football teams. It was in no way the best playing surface, but it was an awesome experience.
I enjoy seeing a game at Stallworth in Baytown. It needs some work, but  it is still one of the nicer facilities in SE Texas IMO.
[/quote]  You are correct Coog, the Dome playing surface was terrible 30 years ago..... But I sure enjoyed watching back to back playoff games there. Those were the days.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Personally i look forward to playing in the new Beaumont stadium seeing is how we play in it twice lol. And its great that we play Ozen first so we can be used to the field by the time we play Central. I look forward to those games.

[quote name="Newtonjb" post="1027531" timestamp="1311397651"]
The remodeled Newton Singletary Stadium is My selfish !st chose of course; Home of the Eagles. [b] My favorite stadium to visit on the road is the Stadium at Silsbee, it is in My opinion a first class facility for the Players and the Fans. [/b] [/quote]

I second that. Tiger Stadium is quite unique!

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1027588" timestamp="1311437392"]
I thought the Berry Center was up in Cypress.......never been there but pics of it are awesome.

The Dome during the playoffs was absolutely the best.

[/quote]

Yes, it is in Cypress. I was there in March.

1. The Berry Center- IMO, it's the hands down best stadium to play at.  It has a great atmosphere and looks phenomenal.

2. The Butch- I watched the Dayton VS Livingston game there last year, and I have to say, it was impressive.  With tv's at the concession stand, and the great seating, this has to be one of the better stadiums around.

3. Waller ISD Stadium- $17.5 million, well spent.  Awesome stadium!  Considering Waller is a small 4A school, who's last stadium only sat around 4,000 people, this is a huge upgrade.  Now, the visitors side alone seats 4,000. (stadium cap is 10,000) Hard to believe they are the only school that plays at this taj mahal of a stadium.

4. Woodforest Bank Stadium- The pride of a wealthy school district.  It's an impressive stadium, but the traffic there was horrible when we played there.

5. Rhodes Stadium- It's an older stadium, but there's just something about that place.

From a homer point of view, nothing beats the Reservation. The concessions, however, are poor. The Butch is my favorite local stadium for away games. The stadium is awesome! Plus, the smoked turkey legs and popcorn balls make for the best Friday night game food anywhere!

[quote name="shovel" post="1027932" timestamp="1311602969"]
From a homer point of view, nothing beats the Reservation. The concessions, however, are poor. The Butch is my favorite local stadium for away games. The stadium is awesome! Plus, the smoked turkey legs and popcorn balls make for the best Friday night game food anywhere!
[/quote]I love those smoked turkey legs!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont