Looks like 3A might get an unwelcomed new adversary

I say unwelcomed in humerous way, but I was at a gas station in Orange yesterday and ran into an assistant coach for LaMarque and he was very sure they will be joining our already overcrowded 3A. Boy, Reg. 3 might get alot tougher. But, as he was telling me, they might be Reg. 4. He told me that as it looks, all their district away games would be a minimum of 1.5 hrs. He is hoping that they get into HISD(Houston) with Sterling and a few other Houston schools dropping class. What a cluster would it be if they had to come to an eastern 3A district?? not sure if they would be closer to 21-3A or the Huffman, Coldspring district? looks like it would be far either way if UIL doesnt make an HISD 3A district. And this isnt hearsay, this is directly from a varsity coaches mouth.

If it happens, I could see the UIL dropping them into what is now 29-3A with Columbia, Sweeny, Needville, Wharton and Palacios.

I say if, because I remember that La Marque dropping down to 3A was one of the hot rumors for the last realignment..and well...they are still 4A.

There are multiple hisd schools that have had 3a numbers for a while.  I belive Kashmere has somewhere around 550 students yet they are still 4a. Every year the uil tried to put the schools in 3a, but hisd always protest to keep all thier schools together to save money on travel.  The same will happen next realignment. If LM drops there will be no hisd schools for the to be in a district with.  I remember last realignment there were rumors that lm, Huffman, Needville, sweeny, and a couple of other schools would be together. Thank god that didn't happen. Travel would have been a nightmare.

At the last realignment, HISD had 5 schools that had 3A ADAs:  Washington (946), Furr (864), Scarborough (733), Jones (686) and Kashmere (596).

Worthing (1013) was just above the cutoff (990). 

So I wouldn't be surprised if this February there are enough HISD schools to form a 3A district of its own.  How the UIL and HISD adjusts to that remain to be seen.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1022434" timestamp="1309914947"]
At the last realignment, HISD had 5 schools that had 3A ADAs:  Washington (946), Furr (864), Scarborough (733), Jones (686) and Kashmere (596).

Worthing (1013) was just above the cutoff (990). 

So I wouldn't be surprised if this February there are enough HISD schools to form a 3A district of its own.  How the UIL and HISD adjusts to that remain to be seen.
[/quote]

If this happens...could we see a big change in the 2A/3A cutoff seeing a handful of low 3A dropping to 2A?

[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=85479.msg1022443#msg1022443 date=1309918585
if LM drops look for some EPIC battles with WO-S vs LM in region 3 finals coming
[/quote]

Not necessarily. First off, LM would probably be DI out of their district and as long as WOS is in the same district as Silsbee, they would probably never go DI, so that match up would never happen. Second, when was the last time WOS even made it to the regional finals? Too many other teams in this region would have something to say about that. Last, had you kept it to singular and not plural (EPIC battles ::)) your comments could be taken more seriously. ;) ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1022446" timestamp="1309919272"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=85479.msg1022443#msg1022443 date=1309918585
if LM drops look for some EPIC battles with WO-S vs LM in region 3 finals coming
[/quote]

Not necessarily. First off, LM would probably be DI out of their district and as long as WOS is in the same district as Silsbee, they would probably never go DI, so that match up would never happen. Second, when was the last time WOS even made it to the regional finals? Too many other teams in this region would have something to say about that. Last, had you kept it to singular and not plural (EPIC battles ::)) your comments could be taken more seriously. ;) ;D
[/quote]so we would be seeing Silsbee getting beat like a rag doll by LM?  ;D

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1022518" timestamp="1309957730"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85479.msg1022446#msg1022446 date=1309919272]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not necessarily. Silsbee hasn't made it to the regional finals in decades. ;)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1022535" timestamp="1309963231"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=85479.msg1022518#msg1022518 date=1309957730]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85479.msg1022446#msg1022446 date=1309919272]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not necessarily. Silsbee hasn't made it to the regional finals in decades. ;)
[/quote]

And, as I recall, where we Lost to LaMarque but it wasn't by a "Rag 
doll" margin.  It really was a darn good football game where LM got a couple of breaks that didn't CAUSE them to win the game but the breaks certainly helped them to secure it.  :'(

Let me correct myself. Silsbee has not made it to the regional finals since 1998, which is 13 years ago, not decades. ( to be accurate, 1 decade and 3 years ;))

It just so happens that game was a loss to LaMarque by the score of 20-14. LaMarque blocked a field goal attempt and returned it for a TD and then got the benefit of Silsbee fumbling inside the LaMarque 10 yard line twice to stop Silsbee scoring drives (one of those at the Cougar 2 yard line :'()

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1022573" timestamp="1309973491"]
Let me correct myself. Silsbee has not made it to the regional finals since 1998, which is 13 years ago, not decades. ( to be accurate, 1 decade and 3 years ;))

It just so happens that game was a loss to LaMarque by the score of 20-14. LaMarque blocked a field goal attempt and returned it for a TD and then got the benefit of Silsbee fumbling inside the LaMarque 10 yard line twice to stop Silsbee scoring drives (one of those at the Cougar 2 yard line :'()
[/quote]wasnt that the year Silsbee had that big bruiser of a RB who looked like a lineman but ran like a WR? I forget his name.

Well, like I said. This was right out of one of their coaches mouth. His HISD 3A comment was more of a "hopefull" comment than anything. He was pretty sure of being in a district that minimum travel was 1.5 hours. Im not sure what district that would be. Im sure some of yall Western Houston saavy people could help. And it doesnt matter who gets to the Region Finals, id bet that whomever it would be would be facing the Coogs. Where is the Reg3/4 cutoff? Would they be Reg. 4 if they go to that south western H-town district that someone said earlier?

[quote name="kicker" post="1022596" timestamp="1309980284"]
Well, like I said. This was right out of one of their coaches mouth. His HISD 3A comment was more of a "hopefull" comment than anything. He was pretty sure of being in a district that minimum travel was 1.5 hours. Im not sure what district that would be. Im sure some of yall Western Houston saavy people could help. And it doesnt matter who gets to the Region Finals, id bet that whomever it would be would be facing the Coogs. Where is the Reg3/4 cutoff? Would they be Reg. 4 if they go to that south western H-town district that someone said earlier?
[/quote]

The 29-3A district that I spoke of is a Region IV district.

[quote name="kicker" post="1022596" timestamp="1309980284"]
[/quote]

In 4A, west of Brenham is region 4.  Brenham and everything east of Brenham is region 3.

(I think) In 3A, the schools around Brenham (Navasota, Caldwell, Stafford, Bellville, Sealy, Columbus, La Grange, Giddings, Brookshire) are region 4.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1022621" timestamp="1309984757"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=85479.msg1022596#msg1022596 date=1309980284]
[/quote]

In 4A, west of Brenham is region 4.  Brenham and everything east of Brenham is region 3.

(I think) In 3A, the schools around Brenham (Navasota, Caldwell, Stafford, Bellville, Sealy, Columbus, La Grange, Giddings, Brookshire) are region 4.
[/quote]

Nope, all those 3A schools are Region III.

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1022592" timestamp="1309979506"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85479.msg1022573#msg1022573 date=1309973491]

[/quote]wasnt that the year Silsbee had that big bruiser of a RB who looked like a lineman but ran like a WR? I forget his name.
[/quote]

No. Silsbee had Quincy Kelly and Mark Farr as their RB's that year, both around 160-170 lbs, but very fast.

Not sure of what "big" runningback you are thinking of. Can't remember any RB at Silsbee weighing over 200 lbs.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1022632" timestamp="1309986529"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=85479.msg1022592#msg1022592 date=1309979506]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85479.msg1022573#msg1022573 date=1309973491]

[/quote]

No. Silsbee had Quincy Kelly and Mark Farr as their RB's that year, both around 160-170 lbs, but very fast.

Not sure of what "big" runningback you are thinking of. Can't remember any RB at Silsbee weighing over 200 lbs.
[/quote]dang it, i mis-typed. i meant LB not RB.

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1022638" timestamp="1309987234"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85479.msg1022632#msg1022632 date=1309986529]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=85479.msg1022592#msg1022592 date=1309979506]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember who you're talking about. Can't remember hi name, but he transferred from Kountze I believe.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1022865" timestamp="1310060926"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=85479.msg1022638#msg1022638 date=1309987234]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85479.msg1022632#msg1022632 date=1309986529]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember who you're talking about. Can't remember hi name, but he transferred from Kountze I believe.
[/quote]I remember watching the highlights and dude was in every one of them in some capacity.  

***off topic question***----> what ever happened to that QB from a few years ago? Last name was Wilson. #11 was his number.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami