Russ Sutherland named East Chambers Head Coach/Athletic Director

[quote name="speechless" post="1009170" timestamp="1305210512"]
so WOSgrad you concur that hiring Sutherland over Foreman or Huckabay will be a mistake that EC will regret for years?[/quote]

I don't know enough about Coach Sutherland to make such a statement myself.  That is not where my post was going.  You attacked the decision making of ECBucFan and made some pretty unintelligent remarks yourself about him and the EC community.

I will say this, for the ECISD to pass over both Toby Foreman and Brian Huckabay, they had better be sure that Sutherland can RAISE the bar set by Evans, Valastro and company.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing about EC if they see they made a mistake in judgement about a coach, they are not afraid to pull the plug and change dircetions. Stan Howard was a recent example. He was released at mid year after a winning season.

Guest speechless
I did not make judgements on the "ec community".  I said it was a good thing ecbucfan was not making the decisions because he/she obviously hasn't researched all candidates.  The ones actually making the decisions at EC are very high quality people and their track record has proven so.  Therefore, I find it odd that anyone would be second guessing what seems to be the hire....the second guessing only lends itself to coming across as unknowledgeable bias.

When one says that not hiring Foreman or Huckabay would be a mistake...that, in turn, insinuates that hiring Sutherland would be a mistake and my best guess is those that are making those statements don't know enough about Sutherland to be doing so.

[quote name="speechless" post="1009213" timestamp="1305213160"]
I did not make judgements on the "ec community".  I said it was a good thing ecbucfan was not making the decisions because he/she obviously hasn't researched all candidates.  The ones actually making the decisions at EC are very high quality people and their track record has proven so.  Therefore, I find it odd that anyone would be second guessing what seems to be the hire....the second guessing only lends itself to coming across as unknowledgeable bias.

When one says that not hiring Foreman or Huckabay would be a mistake...that, in turn, insinuates that hiring Sutherland would be a mistake and [b]my best guess is those that are making those statements don't know enough about Sutherland to be doing so[/b].
[/quote]

Or Mack Brown. ;)

Guest incognito123
[quote name="wackpack" post="1009152" timestamp="1305208585"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=84127.msg1009139#msg1009139 date=1305207471]
[quote author=1KatKiller link=topic=84127.msg1009097#msg1009097 date=1305203102]
Fellas, it's a done deal...you can stop talking about this guy or that guy...it's already done.
[/quote]

I would hope so, the meeting to hire the candidate is tonight, isn't it?
[/quote] been done for weeks now ....sit back and watch

[/quote]

Sounds like someone on the inside wants this Sutherland guy.  No matter how hard they try, I don't think Todd is coming back.  Oh well, EC's mistake is the rest of that district's gain.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1009235" timestamp="1305214760"]
[quote author=wackpack link=topic=84127.msg1009152#msg1009152 date=1305208585]
[quote author=1KatKiller link=topic=84127.msg1009097#msg1009097 date=1305203102]
Fellas, it's a done deal...you can stop talking about this guy or that guy...it's already done.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like someone on the inside wants this Sutherland guy.  No matter how hard they try, I don't think Todd is coming back.  Oh well, EC's mistake is the rest of that district's gain.
[/quote]

Todd Sutherland is not the Sutherland that is a finalist.

Guest speechless
[quote]Sounds like someone on the inside wants this Sutherland guy.  No matter how hard they try, I don't think Todd is coming back.  Oh well, EC's mistake is the rest of that district's gain.[/quote]

Further proof of my earlier comments.

Guest wackpack
[quote name="alice" post="1009202" timestamp="1305212234"]
One thing about EC if they see they made a mistake in judgement about a coach, they are not afraid to pull the plug and change dircetions. Stan Howard was a recent example. He was released at mid year after a winning season.
[/quote] example ? please ... maybe he didnt kiss enough a@@  ? he was a very good coach

Guest incognito123
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1009237" timestamp="1305214848"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=84127.msg1009235#msg1009235 date=1305214760]
[quote author=wackpack link=topic=84127.msg1009152#msg1009152 date=1305208585]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like someone on the inside wants this Sutherland guy.  No matter how hard they try, I don't think Todd is coming back.  Oh well, EC's mistake is the rest of that district's gain.
[/quote]

Todd Sutherland is not the Sutherland that is a finalist.
[/quote]

I am well aware of the fact that Todd Sutherland is not the Sutherland that is a finalist.  But this finalist is his brother.  My speculation is that this is an effort to try to get Todd back into the EC fold.  Just speculation.  Don't assume guys, you know what that does to you.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="wackpack" post="1009243" timestamp="1305215253"]
[quote author=alice link=topic=84127.msg1009202#msg1009202 date=1305212234]
[/quote] example ? please ... maybe he didnt kiss enough a@@  ? he was a very good coach

[/quote]

BTW, doesn't it make you EC backers nervous that the coach that was a supposed "mistake In judgement" is defended by the same people who say that Sutherland is the man for the EC job?  Just an observation.

Guest speechless
EC has a basketball coach, it is not a ploy to get Sutherland back. 

Who all that supported Howard supports Sutherland?  So far, one that I can see and I don't see any posts where they say they support Sutherland...just that they know it is his job.

I would be totally shocked if Todd Sutherland left Hardin-Jefferson to coach at East Chambers even if his brother was the AD there.

BTW, you are assuming when suggesting that EC would hire Todd's brother just to get Todd at EC. That has nothing to do with it.

[color=#151b8d][quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1009271" timestamp="1305217024"]
Huckaby withdraws name from EC job.

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/huddle/2011/05/12/huckabay-withdraws-name-from-east-chambers-head-footballad-job/
[/quote][/color]

There are a whole lot of happy kids at Orangefield, not to mention 99% of us parents!!!!! 

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="speechless" post="1009213" timestamp="1305213160"]
[b]I said it was a good thing ecbucfan was not making the decisions because he/she obviously hasn't researched all candidates.[/b]  The ones actually making the decisions at EC are very high quality people and their track record has proven so.  Therefore, I find it odd that anyone would be second guessing what seems to be the hire....the second guessing only lends itself to coming across as unknowledgeable bias.
[/quote]

Wrong! As one who has loyally supported the Bucs for the past two decades, I don't make snap judgements, and I don't have any "axe to grind". I am methodical in my reasoning, and yes, I did draw information on the candidates from a number on sources. This includes websites found by net searching, dialogue here on SETXSports, and personal conversation with individuals. You have no right to voice a reckless statement against me without [i]doing the exact same thing you accuse me of not doing[/i], which is getting facts before judging.   

Guest wackpack
[quote name="incognito123" post="1009265" timestamp="1305216531"]
I think the tone of wackpack's posts clearly suggest that he supports Sutherland. 
[/quote] dont know coach sutherland so i cant say i support him ...  i do know coach howard and i really liked him as a person and a coach !!  i know what i know and russ sutherland is the next EC AD 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1009271" timestamp="1305217024"]
Huckaby withdraws name from EC job.

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/huddle/2011/05/12/huckabay-withdraws-name-from-east-chambers-head-footballad-job/
[/quote]

CHA CHING!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83