help!

TLB0

[quote name="formercaveman" post="1004759" timestamp="1304339333"]
What's a Walkman??? :D
[/quote][quote author=skipmeister link=topic=83773.msg1004853#msg1004853 date=1304353417]
Portable radio with head/earphones.
[/quote]

Skip your right, it is small transistor radio AM/FM that is fading with the advent of other new forms of connecting with entertainment and news.
It all started with the crystal radio....just thinking how far we have come.

Anyway, having a radio clues you in on stats on players and what could be going on , on the field.  Harold Mann, and others do a great job covering the games.  That includes the football games, basketball games are to noisy and signal weak in Montagne.

[quote name="formercaveman" post="1004915" timestamp="1304362508"]
I knew what it was skip. It is a reference to how most young people would not know what it is since it is somewhat obsolete now. Hence the  :D.
[/quote]

formercaveman, I forgot to acknowledge your comment.  I read your smiley face and figured you knew.  I find the young peeps don't know what a transistor is. much less a transistor radio is.  I had to replace my walkman recently and they are becoming hard to find. Wally World had a Sony Walkman that is just right to bring to games, use on a walk or run. 

[quote name="bigredfan2" post="1004950" timestamp="1304366853"]
[quote author=formercaveman link=topic=83773.msg1004915#msg1004915 date=1304362508]
I knew what it was skip. It is a reference to how most young people would not know what it is since it is somewhat obsolete now. Hence the  :D.
[/quote]

formercaveman, I forgot to acknowledge your comment.  I read your smiley face and figured you knew.  I find the young peeps don't know what a transistor is. much less a transistor radio is.  I had to replace my walkman recently and they are becoming hard to find. Wally World had a Sony Walkman that is just right to bring to games, use on a walk or run. 
[/quote]

aw man..now you got me looking all over the house for my old black handheld transistor radio with the one ear bud headphone!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder