Board Pulls Bond...

NISD did a good turn in pulling the proposed bond issue of 25 Million dollars.  This was after it was leaked that a new stadium was in the mix.  Also someone wanted a "gym-atorium" at Wilson.  You see, folks, this is what I've been trying to tell you people on this forum.  Whoever wanted these, has their priorities all wrong.  Wonder, though, what other waste was in the bond.  It'll all leak out eventually I'm sure.  Another blow to big government spenders and a happy day for the already soaked taxpayers.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when I can educate the masses.  Big government spenders:  Anyone that waste taxpayer dollars on wasteful projects! 
Like when our county has 20% unemployment and NISD has one of the highest tax rates, they want to sneak in a football stadium and gym-atorium in a bond issue.  All the while talking of laying off teachers.    ;)

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="982529" timestamp="1300129317"]
Big government spender's....... ???
[/quote]

You really ought to do some research before you post.  I know you are threatened by Nederland potentially building a better stadium than png.  There is no stadium proposed for this bond, only replacing the restrooms.  Straight from the NISD boards minutes:

https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=30995832

Were the plans for the bond not clear or available to the public. The only reason why I ask, is usually this local form of government is the only that you can have much control over...I HATE taxes as much as anyone, but you have a lot more say when it is local government. Just curious, did you ever attend any school board meetings?

Also, I may be wrong but I think the money to pay teachers cannot come out of a bond, that money comes from another entity. May want to do some research on that also. I dont think any money spent on extra curricular activities for school kids is ever a waste of money. How much will a $25,000,000 bond make your taxes go up? I'm guessing $10 per year?

This could have been a rumor.  But came from a reliable source.  So, then, why did they pull it?  Always seeking the truth.

[quote name="bigdog" post="982545" timestamp="1300131890"]
You really ought to do some research before you post.  I know you are threatened by Nederland potentially building a better stadium than png.  There is no stadium proposed for this bond, only replacing the restrooms.  Straight from the NISD boards minutes:

[/quote]

What if your guess is wrong?  Can we take it back once it's done?     ;D

[quote name="bedelmon" post="982594" timestamp="1300136804"]
Also, I may be wrong but I think the money to pay teachers cannot come out of a bond, that money comes from another entity. May want to do some research on that also. I dont think any money spent on extra curricular activities for school kids is ever a waste of money. How much will a $25,000,000 bond make your taxes go up? I'm guessing $10 per year?
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="982706" timestamp="1300148794"]
This could have been a rumor.  But came from a reliable source.  So, then, why did they pull it?  Always seeking the truth.

[quote author=bigdog link=topic=81687.msg982545#msg982545 date=1300131890]
You really ought to do some research before you post.  I know you are threatened by Nederland potentially building a better stadium than png.  There is no stadium proposed for this bond, only replacing the restrooms.  Straight from the NISD boards minutes:

[/quote]
[/quote]

This was the PA NEWS article from the weekend. There is an explanation in this:

http://panews.com/local/x740873928/NISD-will-not-call-for-May-bond-election

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="982912" timestamp="1300200706"]
I just love it when we can educate the masses ;) There are many times that people get on here and say things that they heard and I can promise you, that most of the time it is just a rumor.
[/quote]

Poppa, in this case, you were just educating one village idiot. ;) ;D

[quote name="bedelmon" post="982594" timestamp="1300136804"]
[/quote]
$10 per year if you live in a cardboard box maybe. 

[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="983772" timestamp="1300289972"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=81687.msg982594#msg982594 date=1300136804]
[/quote]
$10 per year if you live in a cardboard box maybe. 
[/quote]

It depends on the taxable value that the tax assessor appraises the whole district for, if you live in a larger home it will appraise for more, a smaller house you will appraise for less usually. Tax rates are determined on the amount of debt accrued by that particular entity and the length of the bond. Usually in a town that grows (that would mean your ISD taxable value grow) you can do a little each year and keep the tax RATE the same, a stagnant growth it will stay about the same as long as no more debt is accumulated (like a bond for a new school) however, a growth rate that declines has an adverse effect your tax rate can continue to go up with no new debt and it can be a domino affect. In this scenario usually tax appraisals go down but you never see it because the rates have to be adjusted to make up for it to pay the "house note" as I like to call it.

Man I feel like Will Farrell off of old school when he won the debate against James Carville....what just happened....lol

Your analysis is correct except for the inference that the tax rate can continue to grow in a negative growth situation. In Texas there is a cap on the amount a School District can raise the rate. The tax rate can't grow unabated here. I believe the max is 8.25 percent.

Nederland doesnt need a new stadium yet. didnt they just get a new video scoreboard?? need to replace those garbage restrooms and get some more seats IMO (the restrooms sucked every time ive been to Bulldog stadium) Not dogging Ned but they need more important things than a new stadium eh?

Guest Brubaker
Why are they looking at spending money to install energy efficient savings gadgets in facilities that are approaching the end of their useful life from a cost perspective?  If the district wants to look at a real long range plan, look beyond 5 years and stop nickel and diming this problem.  Put a plan in place that has a better long range payout and provides for an overall improvement to the community.  We need new schools and bad.  Drop the football stadium scare tactics, nobody wants to sacrifice our new schools over a football stadium.  Sounds like more scare tactics and propaganda to keep our community down.

Again -- if it wasn't true about the football stadium, then why did they pull the bond issue??

[quote name="Brubaker" post="984072" timestamp="1300329142"]
Why are they looking at spending money to install energy efficient savings gadgets in facilities that are approaching the end of their useful life from a cost perspective?  If the district wants to look at a real long range plan, look beyond 5 years and stop nickel and diming this problem.  Put a plan in place that has a better long range payout and provides for an overall improvement to the community.  We need new schools and bad.  Drop the football stadium scare tactics, nobody wants to sacrifice our new schools over a football stadium.  Sounds like more scare tactics and propaganda to keep our community down.
[/quote]

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="982849" timestamp="1300191059"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=81687.msg982706#msg982706 date=1300148794]

[quote author=bigdog link=topic=81687.msg982545#msg982545 date=1300131890]

[/quote]
[/quote]

This was the PA NEWS article from the weekend. There is an explanation in this:

http://panews.com/local/x740873928/NISD-will-not-call-for-May-bond-election

[/quote]

Again, there was an explanation in the PA News article:

[quote name="smitty" post="984134" timestamp="1300357714"]
Again -- if it wasn't true about the football stadium, then why did they pull the bond issue??

[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=81687.msg984072#msg984072 date=1300329142]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Did you read the news atricle?

[quote name="smitty" post="984250" timestamp="1300372607"]
[b]Ya'll believe everything in the news?[/b]   ;)

[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=81687.msg984206#msg984206 date=1300369108]
Read? What are you trying to do destroy the ability to spread FUD with facts?
[/quote]
[/quote]

Kind of like believing what you say on a messageboard. ;)

Not my fault you can't understand certain things!    ;)    ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="984253" timestamp="1300372699"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=81687.msg984250#msg984250 date=1300372607]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="984269" timestamp="1300373456"]
Not my fault you can't understand certain things!    ;)    ;D

[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=81687.msg984253#msg984253 date=1300372699]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=81687.msg984250#msg984250 date=1300372607]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Not my fault you lack in credibility. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder