**EVADALE vs. EULA Broadcast**/ STATE SEMIS....EULA WINS/COMMENTS

I will agree on one thing..........it is tough to lose a ball game on a shot at the buzzer.  But what I dont agree with is that several people are blaming the refs for Evadale losing.........if I am not mistaken Evadale led by 8 with 4:35 to play and only scored 3 points in the final 4:35.  It should have never come down to a last second shot.  Not knocking Evadale at all, they were very impressive in their playoff run and should be proud.  Just knocking the people who say that the refs "STOLE" this from the Evadale kids!!! ::) ::) ::)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="981281" timestamp="1299873374"]
I will agree on one thing..........it is tough to lose a ball game on a shot at the buzzer.  But what I dont agree with is that several people are blaming the refs for Evadale losing.........if I am not mistaken Evadale led by 8 with 4:35 to play and only scored 3 points in the final 4:35.  It should have never come down to a last second shot.  Not knocking Evadale at all, they were very impressive in their playoff run and should be proud.  Just knocking the people who say that the refs "STOLE" this from the Evadale kids!!! ::) ::) ::)
[/quote] I will SAY THAT THE REF STOLE THIS GAME>>>> Yes they did blow a 8 point lead. And I have said that I dont know IF they could have pulled out a win in over time, BUT to ADD A FULL SECOND to the game is STILLING THE GAME FROM THE PLAYERS.  Those Refs got payed to do a job and to make sure the rules were followed, and by adding time to the game they STOLE the game. 

I have watched the KFDM video footage and if indeed he did not get the shot off it was only a matter of a tenth of a second or two.  Not a FULL SECOND as you indicate.  At that point it is a complete judgment call.  You win some and you lose some.

[quote name="True Blue" post="981309" timestamp="1299875468"]
Yes your right you win some and you lose some. I just fell sorry for those players that are Sr. and that is the way their high school career has to end :( And some will have played the last real game of their lives.
[/quote]

I agree completely!!!

I watched the tape, and I'd say between the clock being started late and the shot being let go after the buzzer that they might have gained a full second on that play.  For him to catch the pass running towards the sideline, either take a couple of dribbles or many steps (couldn't tell from the tape) and then pass to a teammate who then took a step-back 3 with a fully extended jumpshot (and with a VERY slow release), i'd think it'd take well over 3 seconds to accomplish that. 

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="981281" timestamp="1299873374"]
[/quote]I respectfully disagree with your take that it was somewhat the Rebs fault for blowing a lead.  If that was the case, why didn't they give Evadale the win when they overcame a 9pt deficit to take the lead?  No, you play it out.  SO, if the shot is disallowed then who knows, blowing a lead is part of the game.  Starting the clock a we-little bit late and getting a shot off a we-little bit late in no way makes it ok because a lead was blown....JMO  If I took you out of context, sorry.

And 06, if you think we're dragging this out too much, you certainly don't have to comment.  Feel free to say nothing!

Unless something has changed over the past 3 years officials are graded with only the very best getting the opportunity to call any of the playoff games.By the time you they reach the state tourney you are looking at the best in the state.Regardless of which game you watched at the Drum half the fans left unhappy.Laurence pretty well summed it up in his news conference when he said shot selection down the stretch probably hurt the Rebels.Personally I would rather have the players who will step up and take the shots in critical situations than those who don't want the ball.This group should be proud of their season,it was a great one !!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="981518" timestamp="1299895517"]
I found out today that the 3 man crew that called the Evadale/Eula game was sent home packing. They will not be doing any championship games.
[/quote]Holy Cow!!!  Oh well, it doesn't change a thing but in a strange way it administers a small amount of justice.  Thanks for your info Aggie.  Mo said you were a class act but I figured he said that cause his kid is going to A&M... :D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="981518" timestamp="1299895517"]
I found out today that the 3 man crew that called the Evadale/Eula game was sent home packing. They will not be doing any championship games.
[/quote] Man thats the best news I have heard this weekend.... Still makes the loss hard to swallow, but it make you fill a little better knowing that someone other than a Evadale fan thought that the call was blowen... This loss will take a few days to get over. But I am still so proud of these boys. And I just got the BMT paper, man that picture is hard see. Man I would rather take a punch in the face than see someone I love,in so much pain and I could do nothing about it >:( >:(

[quote name="gdickert" post="981649" timestamp="1299904074"]
Mike ... on the refs being sent home ... was that official info from the UIL or a rumor started by Coop on press row? :-)
[/quote]
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="980856" timestamp="1299795560"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=81492.msg980849#msg980849 date=1299794953]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=81492.msg980834#msg980834 date=1299793387]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=81492.msg980826#msg980826 date=1299792135]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=81492.msg980773#msg980773 date=1299788365]
Sad way to lose but you cant blame the refs if you let them back into the game
[/quote]

Evadale was whistled to death!
[/quote]...uh, how can you tell if you weren't there?
[/quote]

Did you read ANY of the posts in this thread? Their inside force Dunigan FOULED OUT, and Tucker had to play with 4 fouls, and then monkey business with the clock in the final seconds, etc. Also posters questioning if the Evadale coach confronted the refs... Yeah, I get the ugly picture real good. Can't you?
[/quote]When I see a player fouled out, its usually because they committed more fouls.  I didn't read pages 1-4 on this thread.  I was working.

Monkey business with the clock is simply poor officiating.  But "whistled to death" implies that the ref's were being lenient toward Eula's players and tougher on Evadale's.  IOW's the ref's were cheating.  I wouldn't even begin to trust anyone who claimed that unless they were at the game and saw the bad calls.... even then I have my doubts.  People tend to see what they want to see when it comes to personal fouls in basketball.

The last second shot is another thing, however.
[/quote]

Refs dismissed. Believe me now?

[quote name="speechless" post="981677" timestamp="1299907731"]
they dont get sent home that is a rumor

they will likely not receive a championship game
[/quote]

Correct. My choice of words was not the best (they weren't sent home actually), but just making a point that they will not be calling any championship game.

No Gerry, Coop did not give me this info. ;)

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="981686" timestamp="1299910576"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=81492.msg980856#msg980856 date=1299795560]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=81492.msg980849#msg980849 date=1299794953]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=81492.msg980834#msg980834 date=1299793387]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=81492.msg980826#msg980826 date=1299792135]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=81492.msg980773#msg980773 date=1299788365]
Sad way to lose but you cant blame the refs if you let them back into the game
[/quote]

Evadale was whistled to death!
[/quote]...uh, how can you tell if you weren't there?
[/quote]

Did you read ANY of the posts in this thread? Their inside force Dunigan FOULED OUT, and Tucker had to play with 4 fouls, and then monkey business with the clock in the final seconds, etc. Also posters questioning if the Evadale coach confronted the refs... Yeah, I get the ugly picture real good. Can't you?
[/quote]When I see a player fouled out, its usually because they committed more fouls.  I didn't read pages 1-4 on this thread.  I was working.

Monkey business with the clock is simply poor officiating.  But "whistled to death" implies that the ref's were being lenient toward Eula's players and tougher on Evadale's.  IOW's the ref's were cheating.  I wouldn't even begin to trust anyone who claimed that unless they were at the game and saw the bad calls.... even then I have my doubts.  People tend to see what they want to see when it comes to personal fouls in basketball.

The last second shot is another thing, however.
[/quote]

Refs dismissed. Believe me now?
[/quote]I believe that a broken clock has the right time twice a day.  

I believe that even a blind hog can sometimes find an acorn.

I believe that those who attended the game said the ref's weren't that bad, other than the last call.

I also believe that the ref's had a schedule of who's calling each semi and who's calling the championship.  Which means, these refs weren't scheduled to call the championship game and this was determined prior to the Evadale-Eula game.

But I don't believe that you, ECBucFan, can tell that the ref's were awful while sitting in your comfortable chair in front of a computer.

So, to answer your question..... [i]No, I don't believe you now.
[/i]

The championship games are not predetermined on who will officiate those games. The crews who officiate the semis are evaluated and then 6 crews out of the 12 get chosen to do the 6 championship games.

That's how it was explained to me by an official who has called at the state tourney.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="981721" timestamp="1299936524"]
The championship games are not predetermined on who will officiate those games. The crews who officiate the semis are evaluated and then 6 crews out of the 12 get chosen to do the 6 championship games.

That's how it was explained to me by an official who has called at the state tourney.
[/quote]Now that, I believe!  ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="981721" timestamp="1299936524"]

[/quote]So using that formula you could say half of the officials were sent home packing.These really are the best in the state.The fiasco in the college game earlier this week proves officials make mistakes at all levels.There really isn't a conspiracy to take control of the games.

I don't think anyone believes there was a conspiracy to keep Evadale out of the championship game or anything predetermined took place.  The point that most on here are trying make is that A VERY IMPORTANT CALL WAS MISSED.  A call that did indeed alter the outcome of the game.  Who's to stay that Eula's stud player doesn't blow his knee out or twist his ankle during the jump ball for OT.  You have to play it out and let it be decided on the court of play.  Many on here have said Evadale was done anyway...how the heck can you say that???  Many crazy things can happen in a game and it was a missed call that ended this game.  You can throw all the variables at this you want but that's the bottom line, Evadale was not given the chance to pull it out (or loose it) in OT.  And given a chance, anything can happen.

Hold your heads up Rebels...at least you were there!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder