Any predictions for 22-3a next year?

[quote name="dodiej" post="1027205" timestamp="1311298996"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1026765#msg1026765 date=1311222488]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=81379.msg1026704#msg1026704 date=1311212034]
Hey MJ22, I apologize for spelling your brothers names wrong LOL, Huffman returns 2 starters on offense and 5 on defense, Liberty returns 8 on offense and 5 on defense, Top 3 leaders of Huffman last year statistically, DeBerry, Julian and Whitwher, (all graduated) and as for Liberty Edwards (graduated) Fitzwater (Junior) and Jones ( Junior) Jones received all south east texas sophomore of the year honors, and also take note that Huffman is a passing team and defensively they rely on speed, Liberty is a running team whos strength on defense is the d line and line backers NOW with that in mind this spring and summer in 7 on 7 huffman and liberty played every monday and met once in qualifying tournament and liberty came out on top EVERY time, so you would think Huffman would win in a game that only features the forward pass 4 DB's and 3 linebackers.
[/quote]

I'm so glad yall did so well in 7 on 7, however a lot changes when someone can hit you.  If you look at your star players they didn't do crap agianst the three playoff teams the faced. Jones 5 rec 54 yards and fitzwater 8 pics. It seems to me that liberty padded the stats aginst the weaker teams they played. I find it funny you say liberty's D has a strength when they gave up 37 points a game lol. Including 56 to Huffman, 56 to coldspring and 63 to wos the only three playoff teams they played. Also how do you give up 54 points to huntington? It don't matter hiw many starters you return when you weren't even close to any of the decent teams you played last year.  And if you a running team who is going to replace Edwards who was the most important part of your team last year.
[/quote]

watch the tape.. how can a wr put up numbers with a qb throwing 8 pics.. way to contradict yourself.. but you're probably right.. he's the setx sophomore of the year for no reason.. google "jordan jones sophomore"
[/quote]
You guys need to watch some tape. Huntington has 15 starters back. How will you guys beat Huntington? The starters returning would mean something if you had been anywhere close to staying on the field with Huffman or Coldsprings. The district is Coldsprings, Huffman and the 5 dwarfs.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like it or not (right now) the district is Coldspring and Huffman's with the rest fighting for 3rd place UNTIL someone else proves differently....Coldspring and Huffman both have 3 things that should help keep them on top....Continuity in terms of coaching staff, an identity/system, and talent....

Cleveland has the talent to compete year in and year out but the new coaching staff has to show that it can coach and motivate it....IMO, letting Tullos go was a huge mistake that they may not recover from for several years...We'll see what happens...Last year was a disaster...

Things may be looking up for Liberty in terms of talent but until they prove they can be competitive with the top 2 (Coldspring and Huffman) projecting them to contend for one of the top two spots is pure speculation...

[quote name="dodiej" post="1027253" timestamp="1311306018"]
that doesnt even deserve a response. 89 falcon... i bet you can recall gettin thrashed by us in your day..
[/quote]
Actually, you guys were 4A and we were 3A. You guys probably would have wiped us off the field. We had a rough year my senior year.

[quote name="dodiej" post="1027244" timestamp="1311304032"]
im not saying you did.. i'm simply saying if my qb throws the ball to the other team a million times, it makes me puttin up numbers next to impossible.. same thing applies to them. i said watch the tape so that you could see all the adjusting and great catches made. that's it. i'll bet if you ask justin thomas or witwer who jordan jones is and how good he is they'd give him props.. the kid was only 15.. fitz still has to show me somethin.. i kno he has all the talent in the world.. but decision making an whether he can gain a feel for the game are yet to be seen. however, he to was only 15.. good players on a bad team..
[/quote]

Exactly good players on a bad team. Why is that going to change this year? Yeah you will do good and put up numbers against the weaker teams like you did last year, but when you play decent teams you are going to need a lot more than 1 good wr and a QB with decision making problems. 16 is not a whole lot different than 15. Also no one has answered my question of who will replace Edwards yet?

I don't have to "watch the tape" as you have spewed all over this site. I know Jones is a good player. Seriously tho are you related to the kid or something I think you have posted the link to his video on like 4 different threads, and started your own top wrs in setx thread just to see if his name would be mentioned. Then you brought him up yourself on the 1st page and again on the 4th page of that thread, because no one besides you was talking about him lol. I think your little obsessed man.

Wow ignorance ... an I sure am related to him.. it's called trying to get him exposure. 89 I meant from 03 to 06 we beat y'all every year I was there.same district. Huffman is on top an that the way it is? They beat y'all the year before last so I guess that 1 year winning streak speaks volumes.  Wow just like an Aggie fan.

[quote name="dodiej" post="1027663" timestamp="1311463958"]
Wow ignorance ... an I sure am related to him.. it's called trying to get him exposure. 89 I meant from 03 to 06 we beat y'all every year I was there.same district. Huffman is on top an that the way it is? They beat y'all the year before last so I guess that 1 year winning streak speaks volumes.  Wow just like an Aggie fan.
[/quote]

Wanna talk about ignorance, idt getting him exposure on setxsports is gonna help him a whole lot lol. Actually liberty has beat Huffman a lot not just 03 to 06 and yeah you did beat us again in 09, but we made the playoffs that year yall didn't. in fact Huffman has a 6 year playoff streak in 3a not saying thats great, but its better than liberty streak of not having a winning season since 05. just like a ut fan always have to look at ancient history because they know that last year they sucked end of story.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1027687" timestamp="1311467228"]
[quote author=dodiej link=topic=81379.msg1027663#msg1027663 date=1311463958]
[/quote]

Wanna talk about ignorance, idt getting him exposure on setxsports is gonna help him a whole lot lol. Actually liberty has beat Huffman a lot not just 03 to 06 and yeah you did beat us again in 09, but we made the playoffs that year yall didn't. in fact Huffman has a 6 year playoff streak in 3a not saying thats great, but its better than liberty streak of not having a winning season since 05. just like a ut fan always have to look at ancient history because they know that last year they sucked end of story.
[/quote]
I agree. Liberty has a long history of making the playoffs and success against Huffman. But, as of right now Liberty is in a free fall. The only reason they made the playoffs last year is because of the weak bottom feeders of 22-3A. I still have not heard what the plan is for Huntington.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1027687" timestamp="1311467228"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

obviously you know nothing about promotion. all publicity is good publicity.. not sayin he'll catch the attention of the nfl here.. but u sure weren't talkin bout him before i mentioned him.. funny you falcon fans would have somethin negative to say about that the way julian's lil bro is always on here pumpin his name up.. contradictions, contradictions. 6 yr streak compared to our 15+ yr streak that no longer stands.. 15 > 6.. and i mentioned those yrs because that's when i was there. my point was WE NEVER LOST TO HUFFMAN WHILE I WAS THERE... and that's FACT

[quote name="89falcon" post="1027708" timestamp="1311470436"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1027687#msg1027687 date=1311467228]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree. Liberty has a long history of making the playoffs and success against Huffman. But, as of right now Liberty is in a free fall. The only reason they made the playoffs last year is because of the weak bottom feeders of 22-3A. I still have not heard what the plan is for Huntington.
[/quote]

i'll give it to you.. you have a point. guess we'll see what happens on the field this year and go from there. i can't coach the team myself so i can't say what will happen for sure but IMO we'll get 2nd. you don't have to agree. time will tell. Im juss curious to why ya'll think ya'll will be so good with all those starters leaving. rebuilding year?? looks dat way to me..

[quote name="dreski" post="1028046" timestamp="1311633118"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1027687#msg1027687 date=1311467228]
Wow ignorance ... an I sure am related to him.. it's called trying to get him exposure. 89 I meant from 03 to 06 we beat y'all every year I was there.same district. Huffman is on top an that the way it is? They beat y'all the year before last so I guess that 1 year winning streak speaks volumes.  Wow just like an Aggie fan.
[/quote]

[/quote]

obviously you know nothing about promotion. all publicity is good publicity.. not sayin he'll catch the attention of the nfl here.. but u sure weren't talkin bout him before i mentioned him.. funny you falcon fans would have somethin negative to say about that the way julian's lil bro is always on here pumpin his name up.. contradictions, contradictions. 6 yr streak compared to our 15+ yr streak that no longer stands.. 15 > 6.. and i mentioned those yrs because that's when i was there. my point was WE NEVER LOST TO HUFFMAN WHILE I WAS THERE... and that's FACT
[/quote]

If no one was talking about him before how did he win soph of the year for setx?. Belive me most people already knew who Jones was. There is nothing wrong with dropping his name every now and then, but on 4 different threads in a week sometimes twice on the same thread, and posting his video like 5 times. Not even julian's sis did all that.

Idk why you keep talking about your day at liberty nobody cares lol. In fact I think the first time Huffman ever beat liberty was in 08. I have said it many times that liberty has a much better history than Huffman that's a no brainer, but what you did 15 + years ago dosent matter.

Starters leaving and returning is not as big a measuring tool for sucsess as you think it is. Now I'm not saying that Huffman will be as good as they were last year I don't think they will, but liberty wasn't even close to Huffman or Coldspring. It's like Tarkington could return thier entire team and it still dosent make a difference. So if liberty played Huffman close yeah I could see them jumping them, but they didn't they lost 56 to 7. Also Huffman jv went 8-2 I think and thier only losses was to kp and idk who else probably coldspring. Plus idt Liberty can win with just a good wr and a QB with a decision making problem. You still haven't answered my question as to who is going to replace they guy that carried your team last year Edwards. Also your star players preformed very poorly vs the three playoff teams. This tells me that a team with an idea on D can shut them down pretty easy.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1028069" timestamp="1311638938"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1028046#msg1028046 date=1311633118]
Wow ignorance ... an I sure am related to him.. it's called trying to get him exposure. 89 I meant from 03 to 06 we beat y'all every year I was there.same district. Huffman is on top an that the way it is? They beat y'all the year before last so I guess that 1 year winning streak speaks volumes.  Wow just like an Aggie fan.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If no one was talking about him before how did he win soph of the year for setx?. Belive me most people already knew who Jones was. There is nothing wrong with dropping his name every now and then, but on 4 different threads in a week sometimes twice on the same thread, and posting his video like 5 times. Not even julian's sis did all that.

Idk why you keep talking about your day at liberty nobody cares lol. In fact I think the first time Huffman ever beat liberty was in 08. I have said it many times that liberty has a much better history than Huffman that's a no brainer, but what you did 15 + years ago dosent matter.

Starters leaving and returning is not as big a measuring tool for sucsess as you think it is. Now I'm not saying that Huffman will be as good as they were last year I don't think they will, but liberty wasn't even close to Huffman or Coldspring. It's like Tarkington could return thier entire team and it still dosent make a difference. So if liberty played Huffman close yeah I could see them jumping them, but they didn't they lost 56 to 7. Also Huffman jv went 8-2 I think and thier only losses was to kp and idk who else probably coldspring. Plus idt Liberty can win with just a good wr and a QB with a decision making problem. You still haven't answered my question as to who is going to replace they guy that carried your team last year Edwards. Also your star players preformed very poorly vs the three playoff teams. This tells me that a team with an idea on D can shut them down pretty easy.

[/quote]

get you're facts straight.. the video actually wasn't posted by me.. check the admins.. and as long as there's a thread started that applies (i believe i started 1 maybe 2) i'll mention his name juss as much as my keyboard allows me. if you dont like it, dont read the thread or simply ignore. (like i'll be doin you huffman fans until i hear something valid and worth discussing). that kinda is the point of this forum.. to discuss setx football as you see fit.. am i wrong? believe that's y you're free to ignore any thread of your choosing. wont keep this debate goin for yrs. what's done on the field will shut both of us up. next month is right around the corner. as for me talkin about my time beating huffman.. its braggin rights.. of course you dont wanna hear it cuz u didn't win.. an who cares bout liberty's history 15 yrs ago? you're probably right on that one, but wit the being said.. who cares about huffman's "6 yr playoff streak" everything you try to call me on you turn right around an do.. try the name dennis antoine a move in from cleveland and aric foster.. names you will know soon enough. as for being shut down against playoff teams.. i believe that had more to do with coaching than on field talent. new year new results.. as i keep saying tho, time will tell. and with that i am done!

[quote name="dreski" post="1028080" timestamp="1311640759"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1028069#msg1028069 date=1311638938]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1028046#msg1028046 date=1311633118]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

get you're facts straight.. the video actually wasn't posted by me.. check the admins.. and as long as there's a thread started that applies (i believe i started 1 maybe 2) i'll mention his name juss as much as my keyboard allows me. if you dont like it, dont read the thread or simply ignore. (like i'll be doin you huffman fans until i hear something valid and worth discussing). that kinda is the point of this forum.. to discuss setx football as you see fit.. am i wrong? believe that's y you're free to ignore any thread of your choosing. wont keep this debate goin for yrs. what's done on the field will shut both of us up. next month is right around the corner. as for me talkin about my time beating huffman.. its braggin rights.. of course you dont wanna hear it cuz u didn't win.. an who cares bout liberty's history 15 yrs ago? you're probably right on that one, but wit the being said.. who cares about huffman's "6 yr playoff streak" everything you try to call me on you turn right around an do.. try the name dennis antoine a move in from cleveland and aric foster.. names you will know soon enough. as for being shut down against playoff teams.. i believe that had more to do with coaching than on field talent. new year new results.. as i keep saying tho, time will tell. and with that i am done!
[/quote]

How many times you gonna say your done I think you ve already said that lol. Once again me try to explain something to you the 6 year streak is not something I'm bragging about that is nothing special I have said that. It was to show the opposite directions the two programs have been heading Huffman with a 6 yr playoff streak and liberty with a streak of not having a winning season since 05. Is that so hard to understand? And Huffman streak is relavent because it is current and on going its not something that happened in ancient history.  

Idk why you haven't heard anything worth discussing from Huffman fans. I have used stats, past records, and logic to show you why idt liberty will beat Huffman. While all you have used is your starters are returning, your coaches sucked, and the players are 16 instead of 15.  So your going to replace Edwards with a guy who had 10 carries for 81 yards  and a guy who had 5 carries for 20 yards last year that should be interesting lol. And if coaching was the problem last year did you get a new coach this year ( serious question idk) and if not what is going to change? Next time you reply try to have some facts or something besides starters and our coaches suck.

BTW way I never called you out about the postings on jones that was the other dude from liberty who posted video after the first one. The whole thing started as a joke idc if you post 1000 threads about him. I just thought it was funny that dude capt talking about Jones and no one else on here even cared lol. Look at the top wrs in setx thread you will see dodiej talking about Jones on different pages, but he was the only one talking about him. BTW dodiej created the thread to see if anyone would talk about Jones and no one did lol. That seems pretty funny to me. But as you said if you don't like what I said you can ignore it.

I have been a Liberty fan for a long time and I do believe that they are improving their talent and competitive level.  I also believe that they have several players that could play for any team in the district.  But to crown them as the district favorite is - I think - a bit of a stretch if you look at the facts from last year.

The 5 teams they beat last year had a total W-L record of 9 wins and 41 losses with most of the wins between themselves.  i.e. 4 of the wins of these teams were against Tarkington which was 1 and 9 and 3 of the wins were against Shepherd which was also 1 and 9 with their only win against Tarkington.  While Liberty did seem to get better toward the end of the year they lost their last two games by a combined 105 points (Coldsprings and WOS) they also lost to Huffman by 49 points.  In their losses to teams with winning records they lost by average of almost 42 points - pretty dismal numbers.

While their 7 on 7 team did look pretty good 7 on 7 does not always transfer to winning on the full football field.  The games are just too different to make comparisons.

I watched several games last year and I do believe that this year's team will improve on these numbers and will again challenge for a playoff spot.  But if I have looked and judged the talent correctly 2011 may not be their year - but 2012 will be the year that they may well challenge for the district title and be competitive in the play offs.  Watch the QB and Receiver combination as I think the next 2 years will be exciting watching them mature.  And Liberty will almost always have a good RB or two to carry the ball - the O-line and the D-line will be what makes or breaks their season(s). 

My Prediction:

Coldspring
Huffman
Liberty / Splendora

Surprise team of the year: Watch Splendora they might surprise a few people.

We will have to wait and see. 

[quote name="OldTimer" post="1028304" timestamp="1311697822"]
I have been a Liberty fan for a long time and I do believe that they are improving their talent and competitive level.  I also believe that they have several players that could play for any team in the district.  But to crown them as the district favorite is - I think - a bit of a stretch if you look at the facts from last year.

The 5 teams they beat last year had a total W-L record of 9 wins and 41 losses with most of the wins between themselves.  i.e. 4 of the wins of these teams were against Tarkington which was 1 and 9 and 3 of the wins were against Shepherd which was also 1 and 9 with their only win against Tarkington.  While Liberty did seem to get better toward the end of the year they lost their last two games by a combined 105 points (Coldsprings and WOS) they also lost to Huffman by 49 points.  In their losses to teams with winning records they lost by average of almost 42 points - pretty dismal numbers.

While their 7 on 7 team did look pretty good 7 on 7 does not always transfer to winning on the full football field.  The games are just too different to make comparisons.

I watched several games last year and I do believe that this year's team will improve on these numbers and will again challenge for a playoff spot.  But if I have looked and judged the talent correctly 2011 may not be their year - but 2012 will be the year that they may well challenge for the district title and be competitive in the play offs.  Watch the QB and Receiver combination as I think the next 2 years will be exciting watching them mature.  And Liberty will almost always have a good RB or two to carry the ball - the O-line and the D-line will be what makes or breaks their season(s). 

My Prediction:

Coldspring
Huffman
Liberty / Splendora

[/quote]

Great post

My Prediction:

Coldspring
Huffman
Liberty / Splendora

[/quote]

sorry but 2nd place doesn't qualify them as district favorites and i do believe i said IMO they would come in 2nd..

My Prediction:

Coldspring
Huffman
Liberty / Splendora

[/quote]

my main reason for believing so is that they return almost all of their starters.. most of whom were first year varsity players.. and anyone who's played knows that your first yr and second yr differ greatly. game slows down, no longer playing with nerve, able to relax and have fun. i could be wrong.. did anyone else notice that in all those games they lost so bad the coach just ran the ball an didn't really make an effort to REALLY get them back in the game.. ie the kelly game.. anyone who was there should see what i mean. his job is not as secure this yr. and edwards is gone which means more logical play calling an more risk taking (THROWING THE BALL DOWN FIELD) which IMO should result in much better results. I don't think liberty will be a super team or go deep in the playoffs by any means.. my main reason for saying they'd get 2nd is that IMO Huffman is about to have a rebuilding yr. and that 6 yr. streak we keep hearing about was actually 3 then another 3 if i'm not mistaken. lookin at liberty v huffman over the past 5 ten yrs. liberty has had their number more often then not.. then they beat us one year and now they're the favorite? if that works for you.. fine. I just don't think bouncing back from losing not only a very talented group of starters at KEY POSITIONS will be as easy as it's being made out to be.. loss Starting QB 3WR's an a lot of O-LINE starters.. sounds like losses to me but aye.. obviously my opinions are uneducated to you guys.. that's fine tho.. next month is right around the corner.. I'M JUST READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!

[quote name="dreski" post="1028728" timestamp="1311795314"]
[quote author=OldTimer link=topic=81379.msg1028304#msg1028304 date=1311697822]

My Prediction:

Coldspring
Huffman
Liberty / Splendora

[/quote]

my main reason for believing so is that they return almost all of their starters.. most of whom were first year varsity players.. and anyone who's played knows that your first yr and second yr differ greatly. game slows down, no longer playing with nerve, able to relax and have fun. i could be wrong.. did anyone else notice that in all those games they lost so bad the coach just ran the ball an didn't really make an effort to REALLY get them back in the game.. ie the kelly game.. anyone who was there should see what i mean. his job is not as secure this yr. and edwards is gone which means more logical play calling an more risk taking (THROWING THE BALL DOWN FIELD) which IMO should result in much better results. I don't think liberty will be a super team or go deep in the playoffs by any means.. my main reason for saying they'd get 2nd is that IMO Huffman is about to have a rebuilding yr. and that 6 yr. streak we keep hearing about was actually 3 then another 3 if i'm not mistaken. lookin at liberty v huffman over the past 5 ten yrs. liberty has had their number more often then not.. then they beat us one year and now they're the favorite? if that works for you.. fine. I just don't think bouncing back from losing not only a very talented group of starters at KEY POSITIONS will be as easy as it's being made out to be.. loss Starting QB 3WR's an a lot of O-LINE starters.. sounds like losses to me but aye.. obviously my opinions are uneducated to you guys.. that's fine tho.. next month is right around the corner.. I'M JUST READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!
[/quote]

Well let me ask you a question then. Since you base almost everything on how many starters each team has returning tell me why Huffman will be in a rebuilding year but coldspring wont? They lost just as much as Huffman did including thier entire oline. So according to you liberty should be the favorites right since they return everyone and Huffman and coldspring lost a lot?

Also you say you want your coach to throw the ball down field more, but maybe the reason he didn't is because he had a QB that threw more pics than tds.

[quote name="dreski" post="1028767" timestamp="1311804989"]
cs returns all skill players with the exception of cody cummings..

huffman returns ???????????????????????????????????? ??????????? ??????? darien grey.. that's right well at least ya'll have 1..
[/quote]
Huffman does not rely on return starters to survive. Huffman has a superior program and will reload. Cleveland and Shepherd are returning the same amount of starters as you guys and we could care less.

[quote name="dreski" post="1028767" timestamp="1311804989"]
cs returns all skill players with the exception of cody cummings..

huffman returns ???????????????????????????????????? ??????????? ??????? darien grey.. that's right well at least ya'll have 1..
[/quote]

So basically what your saying is only skill positions matter?  Wow Gilbert won't have anywhere to run with out a line. The only reason coldsprings was able to go on thier run last year is, because they had a very experienced oline lead by u of h comitt Matt Wilson.

BTW Huffman has 2 retuning klayton larsen and darrian grey coldspring has Alfred Scott and Gilbert and maybe a wr

p.s. I still belive coldspring is the favorite just trying to show you how many starters you have coming back isn't the only thing that matters.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami