Possible breaking news.....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="976643" timestamp="1299181487"]
Per HoopInsider:

"According to sources close to Hamshire-Fannett ISD, Colby Richards will not be retained as head basketball coach. He will remain with the school district."

I have followed up on this with a phone call and it is confirmed.
[/quote]

With the huge budget shortfall facing Texas and school districts, its impressive that HF is able to add staff while all other schools are laying off teachers.

EDITED by LAZEEK!!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="976713" timestamp="1299184220"]
[quote author=nuthinbutnet link=topic=81210.msg976710#msg976710 date=1299184115]
Maybe they could get the Leggett coach.
[/quote]

I know of one coach who will apply. ;)
[/quote]

Actually, make that two. ;)

[quote name="BadMedicine" post="976747" timestamp="1299186067"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=81210.msg976643#msg976643 date=1299181487]
Per HoopInsider:

"According to sources close to Hamshire-Fannett ISD, Colby Richards will not be retained as head basketball coach. He will remain with the school district."

I have followed up on this with a phone call and it is confirmed.
[/quote]

With the huge budget shortfall facing Texas and school districts, its impressive that HF is able to add staff while all other schools are laying off teachers.

EDITED by LAZEEK!!!!
[/quote]

Gee, Lazeek, my original post was so much more informative than your "edited" version.

I disagree with you WHSAlum...........really some pretty good kids returning for HF.  Plus their 8th and 9th grade teams are very good.  Tons of potential there for the Horns!!!

I fully expect a well respected Assistant from SE Texas to get this job!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Not saying there aren't some pretty good returning players and I have no doubt that Coach Brooks would do a really good job, that being said they are in a 6 team district that has HJ,Silsbee,WOS,Orangefield and BC. If they win the games they should win they would be 4-6.The swing spot in this race would be WOS and I like there young coach to really make an impact there.Who else would you see them beating???

Not expecting any overnight success stories......give them a year or two. 

To answer your question though, they did play Silsbee to within 8 points this year and played HJ tough at HJ.  They would beat OF and BC for sure next year and would contend with WOS for that 3rd spot.  Tons of talent at HF!!!  If you build it they will come, if not they will all leave!!! ;D ;D

I can't wait to see the list of applicants for this job!  I would also like to see the "New Coach's" take on the AD's formula of success through lifting weights, especially on game days ;D  I am sure there will be more news coming from the "coaches", I mean parents from Longhorn country on the new hire...

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="977148" timestamp="1299210374"]
The girls coach was there one year!!  ::)
[/quote]

That was just a temporary situation. He came out of retirement to coach just this one year. He was just a part time employee with the school district. They are now searching for a full time coach/educator.

[quote name="stevenash" post="976695" timestamp="1299183440"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=81210.msg976654#msg976654 date=1299182066]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=81210.msg976653#msg976653 date=1299182029]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=81210.msg976647#msg976647 date=1299181682]
any word on who BlueDove will be picking as his replacement???
[/quote]

I am hearing that mammagotjuice will be the area's first woman head boys basketball coach. ;)

Assistants will be Penny Hardaway and Walter Yates Sr., with consulting from Greg Wise of Houston Yates.
[/quote]

pretty formidable crew there :)
[/quote]

I'll bet you mammagotjuice would have the team working more on skills and strategy and less time lifting which would be a badly needed step in the right direction.
[/quote]SN...just wanted to wish you guys best of luck on your next game! Stellar coaching, discipline, hard work, and talent can take you a long way! Wishing you the best from Longhorn lane!

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="977171" timestamp="1299211689"]
So, let me get this straight.

The football coach "leads" the Longhorns to an 0-10 season (or were they just winless in district?), while the basketball coach's team has a respectable year - the first respectable year in a LONG time...... and its the basketball coach that gets let go?!?!?!?!?!
[/quote] Many might call it a respectable year. I don't. This team was much better than I expected and I think others will agree. Pre district Wins over Deweyville, Buna, Evadale, Sabine Pass, Tarkington, Orangefield, etc. Expect the best and the results will show. Nederland basketball is a perfect example. English has a passion for the game. Look what his passion for the game has brought to Nederland. Results and school pride in basketball.

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="977319" timestamp="1299248669"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81210.msg976695#msg976695 date=1299183440]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=81210.msg976654#msg976654 date=1299182066]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=81210.msg976653#msg976653 date=1299182029]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=81210.msg976647#msg976647 date=1299181682]
any word on who BlueDove will be picking as his replacement???
[/quote]

I am hearing that mammagotjuice will be the area's first woman head boys basketball coach. ;)

Assistants will be Penny Hardaway and Walter Yates Sr., with consulting from Greg Wise of Houston Yates.
[/quote]

pretty formidable crew there :)
[/quote]

I'll bet you mammagotjuice would have the team working more on skills and strategy and less time lifting which would be a badly needed step in the right direction.
[/quote]SN...just wanted to wish you guys best of luck on your next game! Stellar coaching, discipline, hard work, and talent can take you a long way! Wishing you the best from Longhorn lane!
[/quote]

thanks very much

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476