**SEALY vs. SILSBEE Broadcast**/Sealy advances

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you didn't watch the game, here it is plain and simple. Sealy out hustled and out played Silsbee. There were times when Silsbee seemed to be frustrated with each other and not playing together. I don't blame this on the bye but on the weak warm up game. Silsbee didn't do a great job of rebounding and I think made one 3 pointer. To be honest Sealy has 2 good players and the others just stand down low and rebound. The lack of pressing in the back court combined with horrible FT shooting. Is what lost the game. The b all didn't bounce Silsbee's way one time tonight. Seals-Jones work the boards for Sealy like Dennis Rodman a nd the Tigers had no answer. They started players 6"8, 6'5, 6'6. Most of them were slow but crashed boards and had good put backs. Maybe Silsbee can learn from this and move on to next season. I think HJ will be the favorite going into the 11/12 season.

HtGuys i am a long time tiger fan and always will be but i cant help but wnder why we can't win a state championship i know it's not easy but with the talent that we have had for atleast the past 10-15 years you mean to tell me we can't just win 1 much less even get t the state tittle game it seems like something some how just keeps us from winning the big game hopefully i'm not being to hard but i'm a little upset right now will we ever win a state championship or  just continue to rack up great regular seasons :)

[quote name="MBaller#1" post="972948" timestamp="1298700279"]
HtGuys i am a long time tiger fan and always will be but i cant help but wnder why we can't win a state championship i know it's not easy but with the talent that we have had for atleast the past 10-15 years you mean to tell me we can't just win 1 much less even get t the state tittle game it seems like something some how just keeps us from winning the big game hopefully i'm not being to hard but i'm a little upset right now will we ever win a state championship or  just continue to rack up great regular seasons :)
[/quote]To me, there's an element of luck.  Every year, there are 4 - 5 teams that have a decent chance of winning state.  Its the one team that can avoid those bad breaks (or unlucky breaks) that ends up bringing the trophy home.

Score by quarters

1       2       3        4         tot

Sealy             15      14      19      27         75
Silsbee           15      18       6       20         59

FT shooting

Sealy    14-24     58%
Silsbee  13-30     43%

3 point shooting

Sealy     0/6      0%
Silsbee   2/18    11%

Rebounds

Sealy        45
Silsbee      29

Turnovers

Sealy       19
Silsbee     17

Individual scoring

Sealy

Ricky Seals-Jones          26  (14 rebounds)
Reid Richardson             20  (18 in 2nd half, 13 rebounds)
Thomas Verm                 6
Gabriel Hamner               6
Raymond Johonson           5
Kris Brown                      5
Ryan Klepser                   4
Keefan Brown                  2
Tyler Riechardt                1

Silsbee

DC Stallworth                19 (12 rebounds)
Prentice Lane                 8  ( 7 rebounds)
Donti Wilson                   8  ( 2/4 3 point)
Willie Busby                    6
Tommie Barrett               5
Kelton Gaines                 4
Chris Elam                      3
Jordan Holmes                2
Xavior Harris                  2
Jarrian Rhone                 2

Silsbee was just simply out played and out hustled and got killed on the boards. Give all the credit to Sealy. They made Silsbee play their game and it really showed in the 3rd quarter when they out scored Silsbee 19-6. Usually, that 3rd quarter has always belonged to Silsbee, but not tonight. For the first time this year, Silsbee looked the part of a tired team in the 2nd half and it really showed in the foul shooting and defense. Sealy's height was a great advantage on the boards, both offensively and defensively. Seals-Jones is the real deal but it was Richardson that really killed Silsbee. He came in only averaging 6 points and he scores 20, 18 in second half. IMO, he was the difference maker for Sealy tonight. Tough loss for Silsbee, much shorter playoff run than expected.

To the 8 seniors, we will miss you guys. Great run. To DC and Petey, what can I say. You gave us 4 great years. I really hate to see it end this way for you two. I know you had big dreams of finally winning it all. I really feel for you guys. Keep your heads up and thanks for the memories of 4 years of great Silsbee Tiger basketball.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="972957" timestamp="1298700746"]
AAW, How is Travis doing?
[/quote]

Other than being very heart broken, he is okay. His blood pressure was a bit high at halftime, so he stayed in the locker room. He was really disappointed in not being able to be out there with the team.

It was really a tough sitiuation for all parties. But, no excuses.

I do not know if Travis went to a hospital or not to get checked out.

Just a thought:

Jan. 25 - @ Orangefield* (W, 76-36)
Jan. 28 - Bridge City* (W, 90-22)
Feb. 1 - @ Hardin-Jefferson* (W, 64-51)
Feb. 4 - @ West Orange-Stark* (W, 73-46)
Feb. 8 - Hamshire-Fannett* (W, 86-48)
Feb. 11 - Orangefield* (W, 69-42)
Feb. 15 - @ Bridge City* (W, 84-40)
Feb. 19 - @ Kountze (W, 95-63)
Feb. 24-25 - Sealy (P)

Silsbee was in only 1 dog fight in the last month.  Did this hurt them?  And if so, what can you do to about it?  I don't know if you can.

On a side note, good luck Travis!  Relax over the summer and get well.  Looking forward to seeing you on the sidelines next year when we play Silsbee. :)

First off congrats to Sealy, they came out and took it to the Tigers.  I am with WOSgrad, I think Coach Williams not being able to come out the second half did have some effect on the Tigers but not as big of an effect  as Sealy's play did.  The length Sealy had was a big difference.  The Tigers did press Sealy but other than the first few minutes Sealy handled it quite well.  They used their height to counteract the press often and just plain out beat it at others.  Sealy was the one playing the in your face defense for the most part tonight, not full court but in the half court.  We had a hard time getting off shots a good portion of the night.  Seals-Jones had a big night but it was his teammates that beat us.  We only hit 2 3's both by Dante Wilson.  The Tigers didn't look good from the outside in warmups and when you put the bigger Sealy players in front of them it just got worse. We also missed several inside shots that weren't contested in a way we weren't used to seeing(what I mean is no big guys up above us).  we didn't get to rotate our players like we normally do,  I believe because of our lack of size on the bench.  Just not enough height to get the rebounds.  Meanwhile Sealy did a real good job keeping their players fresh.  It looked like we were the tired ones towards the end.  DC was a little limited in the third trying to keep from picking up another foul. We seemed to let the pressure of the situation get to us when we started to fall behind and looked unsure of ourselves at times and were careless with the ball at others.  I can say the ball seemed to bounce Sealy's way tonight.  They had players at the right place at the right times.  Many loose balls seemed to go right to them.  I am not sure if it was a coaching move or just how it worked out but several times we knocked the ball out of their guards hands towards our goal,  they had a player trailing to pick it up.  We also had a few defensive letdowns and let players get behind us a few times in the second half.   Sealy played great team ball and seemed to know right where their teammates were whenever they got into trouble.  Congratulations to my Tigers.I doubt many people expected you to have as great a season as you did.  Hold your heads up ,  we Tiger fans are proud of you.  The most important thing tonight however is for Coach Williams to get healthy and hopefully be able to lead the Tigers back to the playoffs next year.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Kountzer" post="972879" timestamp="1298696203"]
Coach T should at least consider giving up coaching, and trying something else.
[/quote]

Unless you want to explain this - then you are D U M B !!!!!

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="973054" timestamp="1298731986"]
[quote author=Kountzer link=topic=80875.msg972879#msg972879 date=1298696203]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I could be wrong but I think Kountzer was talking about Coach T's health.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Riding Solo" post="973057" timestamp="1298732231"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=80875.msg973054#msg973054 date=1298731986]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I could be wrong but I think Kountzer was talking about Coach T's health.
[/quote]

I hope that that is the case.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="973054" timestamp="1298731986"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I like Coach T as much as anyone.  Cardio vascular issues are serious.  At some point you may have to separate Coach T from Travis Williams, the person, and do what's best.  I'm sure his Doctors and medical consultants have brought this issue up.  

Personally I hope he recovers fully and coaches as long as he wants.  It's rather naive and D U M B to think that the issue of stepping down hasn't crossed Coach Williams mind.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="973069" timestamp="1298734242"]
What was Stafford's scores against Sealy in district?
[/quote]

At Stafford:  Lost 60 - 57

At Sealy:      Lost 69 - 55

:o :o

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="973074" timestamp="1298734910"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=80875.msg973069#msg973069 date=1298734242]
What was Stafford's scores against Sealy in district?
[/quote]

At Stafford:  Lost 60 - 57

At Sealy:      Lost 69 - 55

:o :o
[/quote]These were both Stafford wins. They were undefeated in district.

This has to be tough on Travis, I hope he gets lined out and stays on the sideline where he belongs.I wasn't at this one but 2/18 from behind the arc and a deficit of 16 on the boards will get ya beat every time.While the schedule may look bad they have no control who they play in all but 1 of those games.Give Kountze a little credit,they aren't what they were at one time but they aren't a weak sister either.

Looking at the Silsbee program from last night, they have about 5 guys returning from this team but zero height. Not sure what the JV team looked like but Silsbee could go thru a slump for a year or so. Still a playoff team,but back to state could be a bit of a hurdle even more than this years team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124