BC vs. Nederland scrimmage

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tappedout" post="962609" timestamp="1297137141"]
Was there any pitching standout's for either side?
[/quote]

Hubbard looked good for BC.  Pitts faced 5 batters and none reached base had 2 ks.  I left early but was told Laselle did a good job as well for Nederland.  It's early and it was cold so several pitchers had some control issues.

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="962681" timestamp="1297171778"]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=79921.msg962609#msg962609 date=1297137141]
[/quote]

Hubbard looked good for BC.   Pitts faced 5 batters and none reached base had 2 ks.  I left early but was told Laselle did a good job as well for Nederland.  It's early and it was cold so several pitchers had some control issues.
[/quote]
Ryan Quinn looked good. 3 up and 3 down.

[quote name="tappedout" post="962609" timestamp="1297137141"]
[/quote]
LaSalle looked strong for Nederland. Nice speed and control (even with some heckling from the BC dugout). Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with heckling but I just wanted to point out that it was strongest during Cole's pitching and he handled it well. In my opinion, he was one of the strongest pitchers Nederland showed that night. Not exactly sure why Robbins hasn't moved him up permanently?! I thought it was about what would be best for the program but with some of the decisions made so far it doesn't quite seem like it.

[quote name="trueblue75" post="963467" timestamp="1297261999"]
[/quote]
LaSalle looked strong for Nederland. Nice speed and control (even with some heckling from the BC dugout). Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with heckling but I just wanted to point out that it was strongest during Cole's pitching and he handled it well. In my opinion, he was one of the strongest pitchers Nederland showed that night. Not exactly sure why Robbins hasn't moved him up permanently?! I thought it was about what would be best for the program but with some of the decisions made so far it doesn't quite seem like it.
[/quote]

It's only been a week of indoor practice.  Noone knows what will happen.  One scrimmage doesn't tell it all.  I've had one or both of my sons on Varsity for the past 5 years.  While I have not always agreed with Coach Robbins, I do understand that with the depth of talent in Nederland, he has to make some tough choices that will not make everyone happy.  He has several pitchers that would start/play on other teams.  It's a good problem to have. 

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="963480" timestamp="1297264028"]
[quote author=trueblue75 link=topic=79921.msg963467#msg963467 date=1297261999]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It's only been a week of indoor practice.  Noone knows what will happen.  One scrimmage doesn't tell it all.  I've had one or both of my sons on Varsity for the past 5 years.  While I have not always agreed with Coach Robbins, I do understand that with the depth of talent in Nederland, he has to make some tough choices that will not make everyone happy.  He has several pitchers that would start/play on other teams.  It's a good problem to have. 
[/quote]

I do understand that. I guess that's why first impressions are always so important since they make just that...impressions! Someone once said they hope this coach can make better decisions than football and so far it's questionable. Only going on what has been seen so far is all. There is a long season ahead that's for sure!

[quote name="trueblue75" post="963504" timestamp="1297267462"]
[quote author=NHS83LU87 link=topic=79921.msg963480#msg963480 date=1297264028]
[quote author=trueblue75 link=topic=79921.msg963467#msg963467 date=1297261999]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I do understand that. I guess that's why first impressions are always so important since they make just that...impressions! Someone once said they hope this coach can make better decisions than football and so far it's questionable. Only going on what has been seen so far is all. There is a long season ahead that's for sure!
[/quote]

Just remember that a lot of times first impressions are wrong too! I personally have seen several boys from Nederland play in other circles and they have a lot of talent that's for sure. Their coach has a difficult task at hand so give him some time to prove something. He's got the talent to produce so sit back and watch what he does with it. The season has JUST begun!

I agree Nederland has a ridiculous amount of depth. The talent pool is as deep as it has ever been. I really can't imagine them not winning the district title again this year. Hopefully, they can catch a few more breaks in the post season and make it a little deeper.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476