DEAR TASO

Please do us all a favor and figure out a way to put people on the floor that at least have a clue as to how to call a game.  Thus far this season you have been a JOKE with the majority of your chapter.  I have kids in the chapter who are doing a better job than the majority of your varsity officials.  I will personally send you the game tonight from the OF/WOS game so that you can see what a pathetic excuse of a crew that you had tonight.  Beginning with the opening minute where the short white official blew a call up until the call where he called a charge on the wrong kid he is a disgrace.  I have watched him call at least 6 times this season for various schools and he has yet to have a clue what the heck he is doing.  If this is the best that youu can offer then you should not be a cease as a chapter and we should try another source for refs.  You are not there to take a over a game, your job is to officiate it.  I hope to find the name of that crew so that all might see the level of incompetence. 

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="957092" timestamp="1296280384"]
[quote author=hitchpin link=topic=79473.msg957087#msg957087 date=1296280059]
[quote author=Wildcatter link=topic=79473.msg957082#msg957082 date=1296279432]
regular striped white and black
[/quote]UIL

thanks, well who is in the light grey with black stripes?
[/quote]
[/quote]

blank reply Fan, does that mean white = light grey?

[quote name="hitchpin" post="957108" timestamp="1296282232"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=79473.msg957092#msg957092 date=1296280384]
[quote author=hitchpin link=topic=79473.msg957087#msg957087 date=1296280059]
[quote author=Wildcatter link=topic=79473.msg957082#msg957082 date=1296279432]
regular striped white and black
[/quote]UIL

thanks, well who is in the light grey with black stripes?
[/quote]
[/quote]

blank reply Fan, does that mean white = light grey?
[/quote]OOps!!!  I Put it within the quote.

Light grey equals UIL.

These two groups need to set down and hash out their differences ,elect a qualified board and put all this mess behind them.One thing is evident and that is this split is hurting both chapters but more importantly is hurting the game.Come on guys there are far too many good officials around here to put folks on the floor who aren't ready to call varsity games.

[quote name="whsalum" post="957164" timestamp="1296311677"]
These two groups need to set down and hash out their differences ,elect a qualified board and put all this mess behind them.One thing is evident and that is this split is hurting both chapters but more importantly is hurting the game.Come on guys there are far too many good officials around here to put folks on the floor who aren't ready to call varsity games.
[/quote]I understand there are huge problems between the two org's, but can't any of the teams choose a referee team from either org?

No, you have to use one or the other.  I was asked to join again this year as I have called basketball for years.  I get on my kids every week about calling the game right, not using an interperative rule book.  A travel is a travel, a foul is a foul, your job is to call it.  That's the only way that kids learn.  These guys go through a few clinics, pay their dues and then get a whistle.  A coach only has a limited number of scratches per year and then you are stuck with what is left.  It is a disgrace at what is left this year.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="957179" timestamp="1296312704"]
No, you have to use one or the other.  I was asked to join again this year as I have called basketball for years.  I get on my kids every week about calling the game right, not using an interperative rule book.  A travel is a travel, a foul is a foul, your job is to call it.  That's the only way that kids learn.  These guys go through a few clinics, pay their dues and then get a whistle.  A coach only has a limited number of scratches per year and then you are stuck with what is left.  It is a disgrace at what is left this year.
[/quote]I have a friend who is a TASO referee and he was amazed at how little training they had.  And little or no follow-up.

My son just called with part of the crew from last night at a little dribbler game.  BTW, probably a good place for him.  He even commented that they just were not on there game last night.  How can a crew not be on their game?  You watch the game and officiate, just incredible.  Don't they evaluate in football after each game?  Should do in basketball, even if it means 2 man crew, better that than a guy who feels obligated to blow his whistle.  Get the best officials back on the floor.  Make them attend the training during the year, there is no requirement to even have to attend just so long as you pay the dues.  We have good talent in the chapter maybe we the leadership needs to do better job of developing the rest.  it is not gonna happen until the coaches decide that they have had enough.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="957306" timestamp="1296329273"]
My son just called with part of the crew from last night at a little dribbler game.  BTW, probably a good place for him.  He even commented that they just were not on there game last night.  How can a crew not be on their game?  You watch the game and officiate, just incredible.  Don't they evaluate in football after each game?  Should do in basketball, even if it means 2 man crew, better that than a guy who feels obligated to blow his whistle.  Get the best officials back on the floor.  Make them attend the training during the year, there is no requirement to even have to attend just so long as you pay the dues.  We have good talent in the chapter maybe we the leadership needs to do better job of developing the rest.  it is not gonna happen until the coaches decide that they have had enough.
[/quote]
Which chapter are referring to?

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="957038" timestamp="1296277294"]
Please do us all a favor and figure out a way to put people on the floor that at least have a clue as to how to call a game.  Thus far this season you have been a JOKE with the majority of your chapter.  I have kids in the chapter who are doing a better job than the majority of your varsity officials.  I will personally send you the game tonight from the OF/WOS game so that you can see what a pathetic excuse of a crew that you had tonight.  Beginning with the opening minute where the short white official blew a call up until the call where he called a charge on the wrong kid he is a disgrace.  I have watched him call at least 6 times this season for various schools and he has yet to have a clue what the heck he is doing.  If this is the best that youu can offer then you should not be a cease as a chapter and we should try another source for refs.  You are not there to take a over a game, your job is to officiate it.  I hope to find the name of that crew so that all might see the level of incompetence.   
[/quote]
Oh my gosh...AGREE AGREE AGREE!!! It's a total joke...on ALL levels!! Maybe Kelly Basketball needs to read this so he realizes I'm not the only one calling out the awful so called officiating!! He just thinks I'm a whiny parent but as we all have witnessed, there is definite cause for concern!!! Thank you!!!

[quote name="trueblue75" post="958095" timestamp="1296504536"]
[quote author=Wildcatter link=topic=79473.msg957038#msg957038 date=1296277294]
[/quote]
Oh my gosh...AGREE AGREE AGREE!!! It's a total joke...on ALL levels!! Maybe Kelly Basketball needs to read this so he realizes I'm not the only one calling out the awful so called officiating!! He just thinks I'm a whiny parent but as we all have witnessed, there is definite cause for concern!!! Thank you!!!
[/quote]
Uh...that would be the Beaumont UIL chapter not TASO. You know....the chapter that Wildcatter is a member of.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317