Nederland vs. Port Neches-Groves Game Thread/Nederland wins/Comments

WOSgrad

The PNG fan show bad sportmanship calling our freshman a *****.Sound like to me somebody jealous.Well look like to me that he put a good impression on them at least now they know who he is .He will make them pay for that. PNG will have 3 years of putting up with him.They are sore loser

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="Scalp'em" post="956938" timestamp="1296272158"]
Proud of my NDNS battled to the end. Great game by both! NDNS had chances! Hopefully we can sneak into the playoffs.
[/quote]

+1

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="956946" timestamp="1296272512"]
Never right to call anybody that. But Ned used to chant that at Brandon Arceneaux back when I was in high school. Great game. I hate there's no shot clock in HS ball but PN-G did the right thing by staying back they just didn't box out. Dogs keep finding ways to win period.
[/quote]+1 for you! 8)

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="956946" timestamp="1296272512"]
Never right to call anybody that. But Ned used to chant that at Brandon Arceneaux back when I was in high school. Great game. I hate there's no shot clock in HS ball but PN-G did the right thing by staying back they just didn't box out. Dogs keep finding ways to win period.
[/quote]
WRONG!!! That was the worst coaching job i've seen in a while. Why would u wait to let the other team have the last shot? At worse, Ned scores, take the ball down and score urself or kill a 3 ball for the 'W'. Did they really just stand there for 90 secs and wait for Ned to attack? WOW!!!

[quote name="juggie" post="956941" timestamp="1296272319"]
The PNG fan show bad sportmanship calling our freshman a fagget.Sound like to me somebody jealous.Well look like to me that he put a good impression on them at least now they know who he is .He will make them pay for that. PNG will have 3 years of putting up with him.They are sore loser
[/quote]
Since you went there...
But it was OK for Nederland fans (students) to chant "West is Best", "Indianettes Suck" and shout obsenities while our Indianettes did their halftime dance? How about rushing the PNG court after the game like they had just beaten Yates in the Regional title game? I mean come on already. It was a nice win over a big rival who is now 10-12 and 4-5. Be respectful and you will get respect!!!PERIOD.

Great game! As someone else said, money well spent. Congrats to the Dogs.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="956998" timestamp="1296275238"]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=79456.msg956946#msg956946 date=1296272512]
[/quote]
WRONG!!! That was the worst coaching job i've seen in a while. Why would u wait to let the other team have the last shot? At worse, Ned scores, take the ball down and score urself or kill a 3 ball for the 'W'. Did they really just stand there for 90 secs and wait for Ned to attack? WOW!!!
[/quote]
Yes they did...I agree, you gotta force the action!

[quote name="badndn" post="957001" timestamp="1296275530"]
[quote author=juggie link=topic=79456.msg956941#msg956941 date=1296272319]
The PNG fan show bad sportmanship calling our freshman a fagget.Sound like to me somebody jealous.Well look like to me that he put a good impression on them at least now they know who he is .He will make them pay for that. PNG will have 3 years of putting up with him.They are sore loser
[/quote]
Since you went there...
But it was OK for Nederland fans (students) to chant "West is Best", "Indianettes Suck" and shout obsenities while our Indianettes did their halftime dance? How about rushing the PNG court after the game like they had just beaten Yates in the Regional title game? I mean come on already. It was a nice win over a big rival who is now 10-12 and 4-5. Be respectful and you
will get respect!!!PERIOD.

Great game! As someone else said, money well spent. Congrats to the Dogs.

Wow! Sounds like someone's a sore loser. If PN-G would have won I bet U would not have mentioned that?? It WAS a great game, but let's not overshadow what happened by talking about what the kids did in the stands. How about let's stay focused on the kids on the floor??
[/quote]

[quote name="Basketball 2016" post="957006" timestamp="1296275794"]
Wow!!!! What a great high school basketball game!! It doesn't get any better than that!!!

Well....I mean if your a bulldog fan!!!!
[/quote]
Nah, I'm a PNG fan and I would agree.

The behind the back pass from the Nederland PG to Smith who made a nice move to the basket early was very nice.
Pelligrin from PNG impressed the hell outta me tonight!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="957014" timestamp="1296276085"]Wow! Sounds like someone's a sore loser. If PN-G would have won I bet U would not have mentioned that?? It WAS a great game, but let's not overshadow what happened by talking about what the kids did in the stands. How about let's stay focused on the kids on the floor??
[/quote]
Wrong. Not a sore looser at all, the better team won. Nederland made big shots down the stretch, PNG didn't. Nothing to be sore about. Hade zero intentions of mentioning it until Nederland fans began calling PNG fans sore loosers. There is such a thing as a SORE WINNER. I got friends from Nederland who said the same thing about the end of the game antics by the students.

[quote name="badndn" post="957024" timestamp="1296276600"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=79456.msg957014#msg957014 date=1296276085]Wow! Sounds like someone's a sore loser. If PN-G would have won I bet U would not have mentioned that?? It WAS a great game, but let's not overshadow what happened by talking about what the kids did in the stands. How about let's stay focused on the kids on the floor??
[/quote]
Wrong. Not a sore looser at all, the better team won. Nederland made big shots down the stretch, PNG didn't. Nothing to be sore about. Hade zero intentions of mentioning it until Nederland fans began calling PNG fans sore loosers. There is such a thing as a SORE WINNER. I got friends from Nederland who said the same thing about the end of the game antics by the students.
[/quote]

They r kids! If the fans acted that way and made fun of the kids, then shame on them. But I think it was the students (as U mentioned) who were inappropriate.  Welcome to a Ned/PN-G matchup. It's been like this for what 40 yrs??

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="957043" timestamp="1296277633"]They r kids! If the fans acted that way and made fun of the kids, then shame on them. But I think it was the students (as U mentioned) who were inappropriate.  Welcome to a Ned/PN-G matchup. It's been like this for what 40 yrs??
[/quote]
Same can be said about the "Fagot" comment by the PNG "KID" which is what started this all. Remember a Dog fan lumped all PNG fans in as "SORE LOOSERS" because of one kid. I agree with you, kids do stupid stuff all the time!

And no Ned/PNG matchups have not been like this for 40 years...This may have been the first time ever that a PNG/Ned basketball game was relevent in the SE TX basketball scene. ;D

[quote author=Nederland B-Dog Fan link=topic=79456.msg957056#msg957056 date=1296278347]
Congrats dogs for the victory! I didn't hear what PNG fans said about our freshman but I was sitting next to our student section and they just chanted "West is Best" not Indianettes suck. Nederland vs PNG never seens to dissapoint in any sport
[/quote] My daughter is an Indianette. She told me that they didn't chant it, but  many of them said it while they lined up.

[quote name="badndn" post="957066" timestamp="1296278581"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=79456.msg957043#msg957043 date=1296277633]They r kids! If the fans acted that way and made fun of the kids, then shame on them. But I think it was the students (as U mentioned) who were inappropriate.  Welcome to a Ned/PN-G matchup. It's been like this for what 40 yrs??
[/quote]
Same can be said about the "Fagot" comment by the PNG "KID" which is what started this all. Remember a Dog fan lumped all PNG fans in as "SORE LOOSERS" because of one kid. I agree with you, kids do stupid stuff all the time!

And no Ned/PNG matchups have not been like this for 40 years...This may have been the first time ever that a PNG/Ned basketball game was relevent in the SE TX basketball scene. ;D

I was referring to the rivalry in general- not just b-ball. Thhe kids have always been rude and obnoxious on both sides! I did not hear either side say anything rude, but then again, there were tons of peeps there and I was nowhere near the kiddos on either side. Sorry if ur dtr waswas offended. Remind her that they r just immature kids...

[quote author=Nederland B-Dog Fan link=topic=79456.msg957056#msg957056 date=1296278347]
Congrats dogs for the victory! I didn't hear what PNG fans said about our freshman but I was sitting next to our student section and they just chanted "West is Best" not Indianettes suck. Nederland vs PNG never seens to dissapoint in any sport
[/quote] My daughter is an Indianette. She told me that they didn't chant it, but  many of them said it while they lined up.
[/quote]

Shlykbmt is correct.  The PN-G coach called a great play.  You have to do fundimentals like boxing out.  Had PN-G secured that reboud, you go into overtime with the pressure on the Bulldogs because their thinking 'we shouldn't be in OT with a team that will not make the playoffs'.  Plus, PN-G had the home court and fan support on their side.

You force the action, you foul them and send a good free throw shooter to the line and your still down or you make Nederland score and then the pressure is on you to answer that score in limited time.  Good decsion, Coach Abel (sp).

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="957141" timestamp="1296293907"]
Exactly, the offense is trying to get you out of your defense so to do so you're giving Nederland the advantage. The kid down low got caught up and didn't block out. [b]Kelvin did a great job, Dionte was also just looking up and didn't crash the board. [/b]
[/quote]

:D Typical

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="957126" timestamp="1296284353"]
Shlykbmt is correct.  The PN-G coach called a great play.  You have to do fundimentals like boxing out.  Had PN-G secured that reboud, you go into overtime with the pressure on the Bulldogs because their thinking 'we shouldn't be in OT with a team that will not make the playoffs'.  Plus, PN-G had the home court and fan support on their side.

You force the action, you foul them and send a good free throw shooter to the line and your still down or you make Nederland score and then the pressure is on you to answer that score in limited time.  Good decsion, Coach Abel (sp).
[/quote]Let's see.

Option a: - Nederland scores bucket (50% chance)
Option b: - Nederland misses and goes to overtime (50% chance)
    Option 1b: In overtime Nederland wins (25% chance)
    Option 2b: In overtime PNG wins (25% chance).

It looks like, [u][b]with PNG giving Nederland the rest of the clock and allowing them to take the last shot, that they've got only a 25% chance of winning[/b][/u].

And ya'll call that good coaching?!?!?

C'mon, Man!

Great, Great game. As a NED fan, I was glad to get out of there with a win, but actually had a heavy heart for the PNG players. They played a great game. PNG controlled the tempo the entire game.  I also, enjoyed the halftime show. If our students made bad comments--shame on them and their parents especially. I do hope PNG makes it to the playoffs. Doty and company has been a superb athlete and a joy to watch over the years. As far as the last play, I would have forced the situation rather than let NED take to last second shot. Keep in mind, PNG's post fouled out earlier and you need to block out K. Smith who is very elusive and one of the best leapers in the district. When smith goes up for the rebound the tip of his fingers is nearly 12 ft high. No disrespect to the coach, but i'll bet he is second guessing his play call.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder