any news on LeFredrick Ford?/FORD SIGNS WITH SFA

epg2793

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From today's Beaumont Enterprise:

[quote]"I want it to be a surprise," Ford said. "What is the point of having signing day if everybody already knows?"

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Ford-to-make-college-decision-Wednesday-990563.php#ixzz1Co0eL839
[/quote]

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Ford-to-make-college-decision-Wednesday-990563.php

[quote name="hipster" post="959829" timestamp="1296668911"]
Seems like Woodard should have been recruiting harder than playing on a dang computer while at work.  What kind of job is this??  Explains why he has been so many places in the last 10 yrs.
[/quote]

He also improved with each job he got.. Head coaches are allowed very minimal contact with recruits. I'm sure they did everything they could to land him. Just about the only local he let slip away...

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="JJWooten" post="959510" timestamp="1296623909"]
It made sense because SFA is FAR from a running team.
[/quote]

That has been true, as long as Jeremy Moses was at QB, but things are about to change. I posted the following in the FB forum:

[i]SFA: Near perfect fit. SFA is transitioning to more of a running style with the departure of All-Everything Peyton Award Winner QB Jeremy Moses. Attaway will still sling it, but a more balanced attack with rushing will be used. Whole talented O-line comes back (only allowed 11 sacks during all of last season, and SFA passed most every play!), and SFA will win immediately. Program ranked #9 nationally. Also, Nac is nearly as close to Kirbyville as Beaumont is. [/i]

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="959960" timestamp="1296675622"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=79396.msg959510#msg959510 date=1296623909]
It made sense because SFA is FAR from a running team.
[/quote]

That has been true, as long as Jeremy Moses was at QB, but things are about to change. I posted the following in the FB forum:

[i]SFA: Near perfect fit. SFA is transitioning to more of a running style with the departure of All-Everything Peyton Award Winner QB Jeremy Moses. Attaway will still sling it, but a more balanced attack with rushing will be used. Whole talented O-line comes back (only allowed 11 sacks during all of last season, and SFA passed most every play!), and SFA will win immediately. Program ranked #9 nationally. Also, Nac is nearly as close to Kirbyville as Beaumont is. [/i]
[/quote]

How can you claim their transitioning to a running team when they have half a dozen QBs on there team, as well as about a 15 WRs. I don't see them transitioning at all, they've done nothing to indicate that they'll switch to more of a balanced ground game. Their new offensive coordinator is from West Texas A&M and runs basically a mirror offense to their last guy. Those offensive lineman are NOT run blocking lineman, like you just said, they are pass blockers.

Also, Nac is twice as far away as Beaumont.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder