Hemphill - KEN STANLEY NAMED NEW HC!!!!!!!

[quote name="xquizit" post="951023" timestamp="1295447967"]
Well my daughters boyfriend mothers sister in law who has a relative on the school board said dont be surprised if it aint someone from the past?!?!?!
[/quote]

so xq are you saying that upshaw is the person?  you guys seem to know something but are just joking around alot about it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem at Hemphill is that the kids are not going out for football. Fantastic facilities but no interest from the kids to take part in a losing program. A good coach could turn this program back around. Hemphill has had some good teams in the past.
Good luck Hemphill on getting your program back on track.
P.S. my friends sister in law who knows the cousin of a friend that knows a teacher who said she knew the mother of a student whos 5th cousin knows someone who is a friend of one of the school board members said  that they though there might be a selection soon. I think that is good solid information.

Guest Skinitback
I don't care who they bring in, there are many problems that need to be fixed in Hemphill before they can be successful in football and basketball.
1.) DISCIPLINE, starts with leadership from the top
2.) AD/HEAD football coach that can run the program the way it should be ran.  Too much interference from Admin/school board.
3.) PARTICIPATION, NO NUMBERS
4.) LET THE HFBC HIRE/FIRE THE RIGHT PEOPLE!
5.) LIST GOES ON AND ON!!!!!

I KNOW THIS IS TYPICAL IN MOST SMALL TOWN BUT IMO, DONT RUN THE ATHLETIC PROGRAM LIKE A YMCA AND EXPECT CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS, THAT GOES FROM EVERYONE TOP TO BOTTOM

[quote name="xquizit" post="951655" timestamp="1295535605"]
My friends uncle who works at Fat Freds is friends with a school board members cousin that said they are hiring a football coach and baseball coach on FEB. 1st
[/quote]

Fat Fred's is the real deal.

Here is the list of interviews:

Bradley Ballard - Off. Coor. - Katy Mayde Creek HS - Katy, TX
Troy Bolton - Off. Coor. - Little Cypress HS - Orange, TX
Jason Brittain - Def. Coor. - Central HS - San Angelo, TX
Ray Cauthern - Def. Coor. - Asst. Head Coach - East Chambers HS - Winnie, TX
Robert Draper - Off. Coor. - Asst. Head Coach - Liberty Hill HS - Leander, TX
Jackie Lloyd - Off. Coor. - Harleton HS - Harleton, TX
Aric Sardinea - Off. Coor. - Rowlett HS - Garland, TX
Lance Smith - Off. Coor. - Cypress Creek HS - Houston, TX
Ken Stanley - Spec. Team Coor./Quarter Back Coach - Atascocita HS - Humble, TX
Ricky Tullos - Def. Coor. - Livingston HS - Livingston, TX
Jeff Whitehall - Off. Coor. - Sharpstown HS - Houston, TX
Mark Williams - AD Head Coach - Evadale HS - Evadale, TX

[quote name="Skinitback" post="952664" timestamp="1295666156"]
I don't care who they bring in, there are many problems that need to be fixed in Hemphill before they can be successful in football and basketball.
1.) DISCIPLINE, starts with leadership from the top
2.) AD/HEAD football coach that can run the program the way it should be ran.  Too much interference from Admin/school board.
3.) PARTICIPATION, NO NUMBERS
4.) LET THE HFBC HIRE/FIRE THE RIGHT PEOPLE!
5.) LIST GOES ON AND ON!!!!!

I KNOW THIS IS TYPICAL IN MOST SMALL TOWN BUT IMO, DONT RUN THE ATHLETIC PROGRAM LIKE A YMCA AND EXPECT CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS, THAT GOES FROM EVERYONE TOP TO BOTTOM
[/quote]

If you fix #2 the rest will be fixed too!

[quote name="football" post="952598" timestamp="1295662853"]
Suprising that only one is an ad.  I guess the published start date scared some off.  Mark would do great job and already knows what it is like to deal with parents of ALL sports.  Rusty would also be a good one.  Don't know the others.
[/quote]

Ricky Tullos was the ad/hc that turned the cleveland program around before their administration ran him off...he was also chosen as the hc at new waverly but livingston didn't let him out of his contract...he could definitely get that program going

Guest Skinitback
When a school brings in a new HFC what happens to the staff that is still there??  I know the Hemphill HFC,baseball coach, and DC have already left and took other jobs at other schools.  The coaches remaining there are still working hard with the kids and coaching their respective sports. Does the new guy let some of them stay or does he clean house?  You hear about this happening at 4a and 5a but a small 2a.  I heard "the Board" wants a whole new staff.

If knowledge of baseball and fixing the 5 mentioned issues above are most important...besides knowledge of football. I would say that you cannot go wrong with Mark Williams from Evadale. It would be a step-up for him, but he is a great man that instills respect and molds great men. He has coached the Evadale baseball team as well the past few years to some great success.

Not a Sexy hire, but IMHO a great option. Not sure why he would want to leave Evadale for Hemphill. Evadale's 1A teams in football could probably beat Hemphill right now...Baseball would be a good game, but I think the Rebs might come out on top.

Coach Williams would be an excellent choice.  Evadale probably doesn't want to lose him..again. Whichever person is selected is going to have a tough row to hoe for a few years. 

I wonder if anyone has withdrawn their name from consideration after meeting with the board and knowing that Kirbyville is now open.  Just a thought...

HIRING SHOULD BE NEXT TUESDAY!

Boys AD/Head Football Coach Interview Candidates
Bradley Ballard - Off. Coor. - Katy Mayde Creek HS - Katy, TX
Troy Bolton - Off. Coor. - Little Cypress HS - Orange, TX
Jason Brittain - Def. Coor. - Central HS - San Angelo, TX
Ray Cauthern - Def. Coor. - Asst. Head Coach - East Chambers HS - Winnie, TX
Robert Draper - Off. Coor. - Asst. Head Coach - Liberty Hill HS - Leander, TX
Jackie Lloyd - Off. Coor. - Harleton HS - Harleton, TX
Aric Sardinea - Off. Coor. - Rowlette HS - Garland, TX
Lance Smith - Off. Coor. - Cypress Creek HS - Houston, TX
Ken Stanley - Spec. Team Coor./Quarter Back Coach - Atascocita HS - Humble, TX
Ricky Tullos - Def. Coor. - Livingston HS - Livingston, TX
Jeff Whitehall - Off. Coor. - Sharpstown HS - Houston, TX
Mark Williams - AD Head Coach - Evadale HS - Evadale, TX

Answered my own question..Good Luck to Hemphill and Coach Stanley.

Copied from Smoaky:
Ken Stanley, who has been the Quarterbacks and Special Teams Coordinator at Atascocita High School in Humble, has been named the AD/Football Coach at Hemphill High School.

Stanley, replaced Ken Hall, who was 25-37 in six-years at Hemphill.

David Smoak

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder