Hemphill - KEN STANLEY NAMED NEW HC!!!!!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Skinitback
[quote name="TXHORN_ET" post="958115" timestamp="1296505562"]
Wonder how many presently on staff will be retained?
[/quote]

Word on the street is 3 more coaches got their walking papers today...........The last two coaches remain which of course are "hometown" boys.

Guest Skinitback
[quote name="bosshog11" post="958381" timestamp="1296532516"]
what 3 coaches got walkin papers?
[/quote]

I can't say but lets just say 2 of the 3 "hometown" guys get to stay.  Good luck winning here ::) ::).  They fire tommy hall and his staff to bring in a baseball coach??????????????  Why not make the baseball coach that left the AD.  FEEL bad for the coaches and players and their parents.
Hope the folks that made these decisions sleep well at night.

the coach was the qb coach at 5-a program and was next in line to be the OC at a 5-a high school and was the asst. coach of baseball.

I think you need to be happy that you got a coach with this kind of experience. 

Last thing everyone has a chance to pick their head coach or to have a say so in it.  Run for school board then vote no. 

Guest Skinitback
[quote name="Cowboys1981" post="958692" timestamp="1296581335"]
the coach was the qb coach at 5-a program and was next in line to be the OC at a 5-a high school and was the asst. coach of baseball.

I think you need to be happy that you got a coach with this kind of experience. 

Last thing everyone has a chance to pick their head coach or to have a say so in it.  Run for school board then vote no. 
[/quote]You must be already on the school board since you feel that way.......Many more qualified football coaches were interviewed.  They found the best "yes" man outta the bunch.  Good luck to coach stanley and the new guys coming in.  I wish the guy the best but you can be the Qb coach for the packers and it still boils down to the "johnnys" and "joes".  The question is can he get the most out of the players in hemphill?  Hemphill doesnt have any prototypes that this coach is used to at the 5A level except for one maybe.  I wish them the best,hope they get it turned around for the kids.

Hemphill had a great coachin staff already... u can get Mack Brown and his staff to coach the kids that hemphill had and still wou go 0-10 its not the coaches its the kids... yea hemphill has about 3 good player but they cant do it all... and hemphill will be down for awhile dont matter who is there...

Guest Skinitback
[quote name="TXHORN_ET" post="959886" timestamp="1296672352"]
Hear that only 1 person is left on staff...how many will they replace..will the number of male coaches gonna be reduced?  big time budget crunch going on state wide isn't it?  just wondering...
[/quote] Word on the street is they are keep 2 coaches and 4 coaches were fired yesterday.  The 2 coaches that get to stay are hometown boys is the only reason.  The 2 that get to stay are good coaches and good people.  7 coaches were told leave from what I understand.  It is what it is.  Bottom line is this, it is whats best for the kids and its not about the board or coaches but the kids.  I hope they do good.  Make some changes up top and you can win here consistently. 

[quote name="TXHORN_ET" post="959886" timestamp="1296672352"] big time budget crunch going on state wide isn't it?  just wondering...
[/quote]    That's what it's all about. Hire coaches right out of school for $20,000 get rid of the ones making $40,000 look at all that money. Maybe Hemphill has big time money problems I don't know. Whatever floats your boat,money or winning!

Guest momof2hornets

Quote from: TXHORN_ET on February 02, 2011, 12:47:40 PM
big time budget crunch going on state wide isn't it?  just wondering...

That's what it's all about. Hire coaches right out of school for $20,000 get rid of the ones making $40,000 look at all that money. Maybe Hemphill has big time money problems I don't know. Whatever floats your boat,money or winning!

I know this isn't directly related to football, but I thought this is something to know next time we question leadership and what they are worth. This is a website that shows how much a superintendant makes in your school. Just click on "our new database" and fill out the name and school. I was shocked at what some supers make. Copy n paste in your browser.

www.texastribune.org/texas-education/public-education/how-does-your-school-superintendents-pay-compare

[quote name="little d" post="960621" timestamp="1296753092"]
[quote author=TXHORN_ET link=topic=78519.msg959886#msg959886 date=1296672352] big time budget crunch going on state wide isn't it?  just wondering...
[/quote]    That's what it's all about. Hire coaches right out of school for $20,000 get rid of the ones making $40,000 look at all that money. Maybe Hemphill has big time money problems I don't know. Whatever floats your boat,money or winning!
[/quote]a new coach out of college will make close to $29,000 (districts can not pay less than state min) not including stipends...

Guest Skinitback
3 coaches left at semester,4 asst. coaches have been canned and 1 girls coach was fired today(she nothing to do with football).  8 coaches have either been run off or fired from this place.  IF you are a coach looking to come to hemphill, Please dont come here if you plan on staying awhile....BEWARE ??? ??? ??? ??? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Love Binding Psychics
    Newest Member
    Love Binding Psychics