Galveston Ball----LaMarque----/ BALL WINS 81-76!!!!

CATMAN

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="CATMAN" post="947179" timestamp="1294884333"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=78406.msg947086#msg947086 date=1294875696]
Would love to see that one.
[/quote] All ticket are with the GB--LM school dist.  :D :D :D no ticket at the door.
[/quote]This game is SOLD OUT. NO more tickets. Each school got 2500 tickets Monday and were sold out by Tuesday. They should move this game to a bigger arena. I don't understand why schools do limit themselves in this way. Two good teams and they will schedule it in a gym where only a select few of people can attend. Why not schedule it to where anyone who wanted to watch could attend. It is not often that you can put a team on the floor and it sales the gymnasium out.

[quote name="broncos92" post="947583" timestamp="1294947895"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=78406.msg947179#msg947179 date=1294884333]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=78406.msg947086#msg947086 date=1294875696]
Would love to see that one.
[/quote] All ticket are with the GB--LM school dist.  :D :D :D no ticket at the door.
[/quote]This game is SOLD OUT. NO more tickets. Each school got 2500 tickets Monday and were sold out by Tuesday. They should move this game to a bigger arena. I don't understand why schools do limit themselves in this way. Two good teams and they will schedule it in a gym where only a select few of people can attend. Why not schedule it to where anyone who wanted to watch could attend. It is not often that you can put a team on the floor and it sales the gymnasium out.
[/quote]

They've already moved the game to Pasadena. How far do you want them to go for a district matchup?

TSU is not a bad idea.  I am not sure of the capacity, if it's bigger than Phillips, but it's just as close as going to Pasadena.  It's right up 45 by U of H.  I would have mentioned Hofeinz Pavillion, but it is raggedy, and needs to be updated.  In the past I have gone to see several P.A. Lincoln playoff games at TSU, and they had a very large fan base that followed them.

Guest Ranger83
Quick sellout
This Monday's game between La Marque (21-1) and Galveston Ball (19-3) at Phillips Arena is sold out, said Sandra Howell, Galveston ISD athletic director.

The game was moved to Phillips to accommodate a larger crowd.

Pasadena ISD Athletic Director Mike Stephens said each school was given 1,250 tickets to sell on Monday and that by the end of the day, the tickets were gone.

"There really will be no exceptions," Stephens said. "If you don't have a ticket already, there won't be any available, and you won't get in."

The game will be broadcast online at tsrnsports.com.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="944123" timestamp="1294446658"]
Ball by------------5 ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] Ball high has a great team. But let's not forget la marque is no. 1 in 4a, were district champs last year and went farther in the playoffs than ball last year. But you never know with rivalry games..... i sayy Lm by 6 to 10 pts.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="948718" timestamp="1295082432"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=78406.msg944123#msg944123 date=1294446658]
[/quote] Ball high has a great team. But let's not forget la marque is no. 1 in 4a, were district champs last year and went farther in the playoffs than ball last year. But you never know with rivalry games..... i sayy Lm by 6 to 10 pts.
[/quote] GB was in 5A last year.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="948740" timestamp="1295102058"]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=78406.msg948718#msg948718 date=1295082432]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=78406.msg944123#msg944123 date=1294446658]
[/quote] GB was in 5A last year.
[/quote]yes but they were 5a district champs, why could they not make it to play Yates instead of 4a district champs LM?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="949016" timestamp="1295140600"]
And how are they overrated and their only 2 losses come against out of state prep schools.  Remember, this team also beat your Tigers, who IMO have a darn good team themselves...
[/quote] La Marque's ONLY loss was by 1 pt. (67 - 68) and i believe they only lost because they had a game the night before, and play the team that beat them the next day. Plus La marque was short 6 of its valuable players due the football team still in competion for state. Ball is good, but Lm is better IMO. Should be a great game though.

The game will be video-streamed LIVE on FoxSportsSouthwest.com tomorrow night at 7pm.

[quote]Two of the state’s top five-ranked Class 4A boys basketball squads will meet on Monday in a district clash.

La Marque (22-1), the No. 1 team in the state according to the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches and Ball (22-2), ranked No. 5 as of Sunday, will have their first of two District 24-4A meetings at 7 p.m. Monday at Phillips Fieldhouse in Pasadena.

The game was moved to a neutral site to accommodate the large crowd that is expected. All 2,500 tickets distributed to the schools sold out last week and no tickets will be available at the door. No passes of any kind will be accepted for entry.

[b]A video webcast will be streamed live on FoxSportsSouthwest.com. A live streaming audio feed will be provided by TSRN Sports (tsrnsports.com) and CMC Communications via Houston 5A Baseball (h5ab.com).[/b] [/quote]

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="949377" timestamp="1295211918"]
The game will be video-streamed LIVE on FoxSportsSouthwest.com tomorrow night at 7pm.

[quote]Two of the state’s top five-ranked Class 4A boys basketball squads will meet on Monday in a district clash.

La Marque (22-1), the No. 1 team in the state according to the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches and Ball (22-2), ranked No. 5 as of Sunday, will have their first of two District 24-4A meetings at 7 p.m. Monday at Phillips Fieldhouse in Pasadena.

The game was moved to a neutral site to accommodate the large crowd that is expected. All 2,500 tickets distributed to the schools sold out last week and no tickets will be available at the door. No passes of any kind will be accepted for entry.

[b]A video webcast will be streamed live on FoxSportsSouthwest.com. A live streaming audio feed will be provided by TSRN Sports (tsrnsports.com) and CMC Communications via Houston 5A Baseball (h5ab.com).[/b] [/quote]

[/quote]once we're on the website what do we go to? i know its not until tomorrow but im just wonderin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami