HJ at SILSBEE PREDICTIONS?

Lazeek

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Sloe" post="947174" timestamp="1294883509"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=78357.msg947165#msg947165 date=1294882738]
I am afraid I would have to put my money on the HJ guys on the golf course!
[/quote]They have been known too play a round are two.  ;) ;D
[/quote]

He may think he is a golfer but I can personally GUARANTEE you that he has not the slightest idea what he is in for.  Furthermore, he will be encountering someone who has gotten a lot farther in the golf world than any Silsbee basketball player ever did in the basketball world.

[quote name="ST413" post="947100" timestamp="1294877201"]
On the prediction side this game is tough.  The matchups are close all down the line:  Coaching-both great staffs,  the edge has to go to the Hawks based on accomplishments, fans-  for this one will be about even,  bench-  HJ uses their bench quite well but this year I believe this is the Tigers biiggest advantage based on the number of quality players on the bench, PG- Gus vs Gaines  both are real good the slight advantage is probably Gus's, SG-  Sutherland vs Barrett-  the edge goes to HJ as far as shooting but Barret is faster and a better defender so maybe even, SG-  Lane vs Bosha-  both play big parts for their team but  Lane has the experience and is bettter all around right now,  FW-  Harris vs Persohn- pretty even but Persohn has the edge in offensive output, and the big matchup DC vs Prudhomme-  both are huge for their teams but DC has the all around advantage with Sean not far behind.  The Tigers have a couple of PGs who can come in if Kelton gets in foul trouble who can hold their own not sure how well HJs backup will do.  If either  Lane or DC get in foul trouble or Prudhomme or Gus for HJ,  it will be big advantages for the other team.  The top 6 players between these two teams are pretty equal but I think the Tigers depth gives them an advantage this year.  I think the Tigers take this one but a district split will not be a big suprise to me.  
[/quote]

Wow ST413, great post, I agree with you, but individual match ups are not as important as how well they execute....I think it is going to be a great game and I cant wait.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="947186" timestamp="1294884933"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=78357.msg947100#msg947100 date=1294877201]
On the prediction side this game is tough.  The matchups are close all down the line:  Coaching-both great staffs,  the edge has to go to the Hawks based on accomplishments, fans-  for this one will be about even,  bench-  HJ uses their bench quite well but this year I believe this is the Tigers biiggest advantage based on the number of quality players on the bench, PG- Gus vs Gaines  both are real good the slight advantage is probably Gus's, SG-  Sutherland vs Barrett-  the edge goes to HJ as far as shooting but Barret is faster and a better defender so maybe even, SG-  Lane vs Bosha-  both play big parts for their team but  Lane has the experience and is bettter all around right now,  FW-  Harris vs Persohn- pretty even but Persohn has the edge in offensive output, and the big matchup DC vs Prudhomme-  both are huge for their teams but DC has the all around advantage with Sean not far behind.  The Tigers have a couple of PGs who can come in if Kelton gets in foul trouble who can hold their own not sure how well HJs backup will do.  If either  Lane or DC get in foul trouble or Prudhomme or Gus for HJ,  it will be big advantages for the other team.  The top 6 players between these two teams are pretty equal but I think the Tigers depth gives them an advantage this year.  I think the Tigers take this one but a district split will not be a big suprise to me.  
[/quote]
Wow ST413, great post, I agree with you, but individual match ups are not as important as how well they execute....I think it is going to be a great game and I cant wait.
[/quote]
I can't wait either..It will be interesting to see these two go at it.  Hopefully the Tigers won't be rusty.  It will be great to see how each one deals with the others pressure and how big a part the Tigers speed plays.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="947189" timestamp="1294885375"]
My money goes on the Silsbee grad! I have been playing golf for money for the past 12 years! Let's say this, smart money would bet on me. ST413, if you won't to lose your cash bet on Leezek.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know a  enough about golf at HJ not to bet against them!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="947313" timestamp="1294920652"]
ST413 apparently you don't know enough about me. I've played some of the best in the state over the past 10 years. I guess you should come out and watch.
[/quote]

Lets be real honest about this golf thing.........In my mind you stand as much of a chance of beating sleepy and me as in your mind that the Hawks have a chance against the Tigers!!!!! 

NONE!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="943476" timestamp="1294350766"]
Date:  Friday, January 14th
Time:  7:30

I know this game is still a week away, but looking for real predictions with reasoning.  [b]Anything not pertaining to a prediction will be removed from the thread and/or the thread will be locked.[/b]
So let them fly!!!!

[/quote]

:D

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="947374" timestamp="1294930108"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78357.msg943476#msg943476 date=1294350766]

I know this game is still a week away, but looking for real predictions with reasoning.  [b]Anything not pertaining to a prediction will be removed from the thread and/or the thread will be locked.[/b]
So let them fly!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good one Bobcat05!!

[flash=500,500]http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=Countdown%20to%20HJ%2FSilsbee%20Game&count=down&time=1295055000000&bgc=0x660000&bgb=10&bgd=0&bc=0x0000cc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0x0000cc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0xff0000&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0xffffff&nb=1&nd=0[/flash]

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="947375" timestamp="1294930190"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=78357.msg947374#msg947374 date=1294930108]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78357.msg943476#msg943476 date=1294350766]

So let them fly!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good one Bobcat05!!
[/quote]

Got me there Bobcat05!!!! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="947419" timestamp="1294933061"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78357.msg947415#msg947415 date=1294932857]
I am willing to bet there won't be a single dunk in this game.
[/quote]

I would take that bet!!!
[/quote]

It's a bet!! You have 1 dunk and I get 0 or 2 or more.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder