HJ at SILSBEE PREDICTIONS?

Lazeek

I gotta go with Silsbee, especially at home.  Kelly just played both teams in the past week, and Silsbee's defense and depth are the two things that impressed me the most.  By far the two best teams we have played all year, but Silsbee's defense makes it hard to get into your offense.  I'll take Silsbee at home by 10.  Toss up at HJ.  Good luck to both teams.   

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say silsbee jumps out early and builds a nice lead, the hawks come back in the 3rd and early 4th quarter to take the lead, but silsbee pulls away for a 5-10 point win in the end.  i don't like to pick against the hawks, but they're definitely the underdog in this matchup.  

[quote name="whsalum" post="943711" timestamp="1294375308"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78357.msg943706#msg943706 date=1294375007]
Since we are guessing:

Silsbee starting 5 free throw %

Stallworth    100%
Lane           100%
Gaines         100%
Barrett        100%
Harris          100%

Pretty good, I guess. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]So does that mean they shoot 500% as a team  ??? ;D
[/quote]Only If you're an Evadale graduate.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="whsalum" post="943705" timestamp="1294374917"]
Lt.Dan you are right on the money.The home court is usually worth about 5 points.These 2 teams are just about even,they both win at home and then flip for seeding.
[/quote]

They generally play it off on a neutral court for seeding.  Just another great game between HJ and Silsbee.

this is what happens every year. silsbee takes a demanding lead at the beginning and the hawks go on a run and tie it up and by halftime maybe silsbee by 2-5 or Hj by 2-5...they come out flying in the 2nd half both teams go on some scoring runs and going back in forth taking the lead and it jus comes down to the free throw line and which team is in foul trouble. I think Hj is gonna pull this one out, prudhomme can hang wit DC maybe not even come close to shutting him down but he can hang. the other matchups r closely matched.

Hawks2 DC is considered the best in SETX for a reason. Again, this is a Tigers team that like to run and doesn't have a true big man. HJ better tie their laces up tight. Playing Silsbee is like running a track meet this season. They are very very athletic and have a ton of talent coming off the bench. Free Throws and Home court play a role as well. Ill up my pred. from earlier. Tigers by 15.

did i say that he wasnt the best in setx? i said that prudhomme CANNOT shut him down but he can hang...DC is a better ball player. and all i hear is silsbee has speed x111000000000......but HJ has speed to i mean gus is 4.4 40 guy that can move up and down the court like its nothing has endurance also. shawn has amazing endurance for a guy like that and same wit the rest of the team. its not gonna be like a track meet. Iv been to one silsbee game and yes they do have critical speed but i saw a couple players huffin and puffin by the time the 1st quarter ended. Its gonna be a good game. im not putting a prediction down because it could go either way.

you obviously didnt watch very closely. and we have multiple 4.4's if in fact gus is that fast. And theres noone on the hj team that can hang with DC. i feel sorry for anyone who thinks they can. even after missing 3 or 4 straight games he'll be ready to go. i und3erstand your supporting your school but Silsbee's got this one by 10+

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="943908" timestamp="1294422623"]
Prudhomme can't hold Stallworth! I keep tell you this. Two types of players. He can hang....all over his jersey for And 1's!
[/quote]

Sorry, but individual matchups are less relevant than you think amd the difference between the two aforementioned players is not nearly as wide as board consensus suggests.  Paul Pierce always manages to make a nice showing against Kobe or LeBron even though they get all the headlines.

Bad Santa,
Hj runs a zone so therefore individual defensive match ups will not occur. The way it sounds from my perspective we could send 3 representatives from each team and let em go.  I am sure Silsbee has other key players in addition to Gaines, Lane and Stallworth as well as Bosha, Prudhomme and Gus, therefore the role players can also make a difference.

I know that Southerland is starting to find his groove and stating to play at a high level.  If I am not mistaking Person is quietly averaging double digits in points and rebounds.

[quote name="TheTruth!" post="943931" timestamp="1294425184"]
Bad Santa,
Hj runs a zone so therefore individual defensive match ups will not occur. The way it sounds from my perspective we could send 3 representatives from each team and let em go.  I am sure Silsbee has other key players in addition to Gaines, Lane and Stallworth as well as Bosha, Prudhomme and Gus, therefore the role players can also make a difference.

I know that Southerland is starting to find his groove and stating to play at a high level.  If I am not mistaking Person is quietly averaging double digits in points and rebounds.
[/quote]

I think it is better if you just let them believe that they are superior at every individual position as well as from a team standpoint.

What does Shawn do besides Get mad an Mop around DC is the best hands down Dc can do more than him an everything better than him an I'm curious how GUS is suppose be so fast he wasn't against Central there PG was having him on his back the whole Game an MARK MY WORDS X-Factor J.RHONE supper fast an strong NO ONE can Blow by him don't kno if he's a 4.4 but on the field moves like a 4.2 an Prudhomme has to deal with Lane who is Right behind Dc for best player an Silsbee best Defender

[quote name="SHS_Mayor" post="944083" timestamp="1294443205"]
What does Shawn do besides Get mad an Mop around DC is the best hands down Dc can do more than him an everything better than him an I'm curious how GUS is suppose be so fast he wasn't against Central there PG was having him on his back the whole Game an MARK MY WORDS X-Factor J.RHONE supper fast an strong NO ONE can Blow by him don't kno if he's a 4.4 but on the field moves like a 4.2 an Prudhomme has to deal with Lane who is Right behind Dc for best player an Silsbee best Defender
[/quote]

There you have it.......why play the game??? ::) ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="944095" timestamp="1294444693"]
[quote author=HJ2012 link=topic=78357.msg944093#msg944093 date=1294444232]
Oh, I don't know what he's done besides earn the MVP of every tournament he's played in this year. I mean, that's not a big deal or anything...........
[/quote]C'mon,let's face it.  Sean is good, but he's not DC....... at least, not yet.
[/quote]

He doesnt NEED to be DC.  He needs to fit in with his TEAM.  Much more important than individual stats.  Like I said before, LeBron and Kobe get all the wows and Paul Pierce matches them every time they play.

Again, if you haven't seen Silsbee play, your in for a treat. They aren't as big as they were last year. They run a 4 guard rotation for most of the game. Silsbee plays small ball and they press. I do mean hard press. Very similar to the Yates press of last year. If you have a team who can keep throwing players at you every 3 minutes and not a drop off. (Bernie Mac Voice) Trouble...Trouble

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami