Texas APSE Class 4A all-state football team

Very interesting...  Brenham was ranked #2 most of the year and they only have one person on there...  I find that a little hard to believe.  The one person that did make it should be first team and only got honorable mention.  Malcolm Brown should be a hands down, first team selection! (jmo) ???

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="933592" timestamp="1292431813"]
Very interesting...  Brenham was ranked #2 most of the year and they only have one person on there...  I find that a little hard to believe.  The one person that did make it should be first team and only got honorable mention.  Malcolm Brown should be a hands down, first team selection! (jmo) ???
[/quote]

all those good players around him hurt??

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="933663" timestamp="1292437471"]
Yes, that's real funny.  4 PN-G players, an LC-M player but no Jaguar or Lion Players...   ::) ::)
[/quote]
I am sure they looked at numbers and the guys on list from our area had big numbers. Central really didn't have any standout stats on the state level. Thought Alfred would have made HM DLine.

Not to worry Soulja in two years Mithcell will be on this list if he stays healthy.

[quote name="badndn" post="933668" timestamp="1292437694"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=77532.msg933663#msg933663 date=1292437471]
Yes, that's real funny.  4 PN-G players, an LC-M player but no Jaguar or Lion Players...   ::) ::)
[/quote]
I am sure they looked at numbers and the guys on list from our area had big numbers. Central really didn't have any standout stats on the state level. Thought Alfred would have made HM DLine.

Not to worry Soulja in two years Mithcell will be on this list if he stays healthy.
[/quote]Yes, your right.  Mitchell will be up there.  But for now, it's still funny.  Heard and one of those RB's from Livingston (both state playoff teams) had 1,000 yard backs.  And you know Alfred should have made at least 2nd team on this list... 
I'll now play my 'no respect' card now...  ;D ;D

The AP all state teams are usually a joke. They only go off of hype and pub. Look at the 3A AP all state team, littered with Brownwood players.

Best example of how silly the AP all state teams have been was a few years ago whe the AP named Nederland's Dravannti Johnson the state class 4A Defensive player of the year and he didn't even make 1st team all district that year.

All hype and pub, nothing really legit.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="933744" timestamp="1292443721"]
The AP all state teams are usually a joke. They only go off of hype and pub. Look at the 3A AP all state team, littered with Brownwood players.

Best example of how silly the AP all state teams have been was a few years ago whe the AP named Nederland's Dravannti Johnson the state class 4A Defensive player of the year and he didn't even make 1st team all district that year.

All hype and pub, nothing really legit.
[/quote]
You are correct. It is usually littered with top recruits. I have always thought that the Texas college coaches had some pull in getting there top recruits on the list to bolster there appeal to the alums!

[quote author=rollinac link=topic=77532.msg933724#msg933724 date=1292441394]
Where is Dobbins' name on this list???  Surely that cannot be right?
[/quote]
Dobbins only made HM because he was injured most of the year.
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=77532.msg933705#msg933705 date=1292439815]  But for now, it's still funny.  Heard and one of those RB's from Livingston (both state playoff teams) had 1,000 yard backs.  [/quote]
1000 yard backs at the state level are a dime a dozen you know that. It takes 1500+ to get any recognition.

1st Team RB-BOBBY GONZALEZ, Weslaco East, Sr. -- 2,023 rushing yards, 22 TDs - Leroy Dobbins-- 1928 rushing yards   29TDs - missed 3 games and played a half game in 3 games/broken hand 2 playoff games. Honorable Mention really? Congrats to the kids that made it, the selection process is biased for the big name/recruited players. Just like recruiting NO RESPECT.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="933832" timestamp="1292451504"]
If you say so.  Still no Alfred on the list, but ohh and behold, there's Schexnieder on defense...  I'll just roll with how AAW described this list... 8) 8)
[/quote]
soulja me and you usually disagree but i'm riding with you on this one. 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="ballin4life" post="933889" timestamp="1292462148"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=77532.msg933832#msg933832 date=1292451504]
If you say so.  Still no Alfred on the list, but ohh and behold, there's Schexnieder on defense...  I'll just roll with how AAW described this list... 8) 8)
[/quote]
soulja me and you usually disagree but i'm riding with you on this one. 8) 8) 8)
[/quote]

[b][color=purple][font=Verdana]Hands down, D.J. Schexnider deserves this honor.  Everyone of these boys worked hard and EARNED this honor. To call this selection a 'joke' is truly disrespectful!!! Congratulations, boys.  Well done! [/font] [/color] [/b]

DARRIAN WRIGHT, Dayton Sr.
Greg Lunceford, Port Neches-Groves, Sr.
Jesse Hopper, Montgomery, Jr.
Clayton Smith, Montgomery.
Justin Walker, Crosby.

Crograts to everyone on the list above and anyone i missed.

5x players i got to watch this year congrats to all of you guys. all but 1 are not returning. have great careers.

[quote name="chris34" post="933939" timestamp="1292465305"]
[quote author=ballin4life link=topic=77532.msg933889#msg933889 date=1292462148]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=77532.msg933832#msg933832 date=1292451504]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[b][color=purple][font=Verdana]Hands down, D.J. Schexnider deserves this honor.  Everyone of these boys worked hard and EARNED this honor. To call this selection a 'joke' is truly disrespectful!!! Congratulations, boys.  Well done! [/font] [/color] [/b]
[/quote]

so sorry, you're right the boys do deserves this honor. Still the selection is a joke.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="933832" timestamp="1292451504"]
[/quote]

Alfred made Defensive MVP for the PA News SuperTeam...so see, he got some recognition.  Or is this list bogus too?  :-\

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder