Who's the one player that

I came on here tonight to look at some of the schedules for some of the local schools. I somehow got stuck reading this board for the last 30 mins. Now im not calling any1 out here at all, just trying to get my point out. Its easy to sit back and criticize some1 for the way they carry themselves or the way their personality/attitude towards others is recieved. On the other hand, its easy to quickly praise some1 who puts in the extra work and goes the extra mile to better himself/herself as well. As adults, everyday can be a challenge. We know through our education, common sense, and some of us, competitve sports, that in order to better our future we have to work harder than our competition and continue to learn and grow in our work enviroment. If not, you get criticized and you are eventually placed on the "pine" if you will. BUT...we are not talking about an adult here. Every1 is talking about a 14 year old KID. No matter how cocky, how arrogant, how talented, or like/dislike his father, he is still a KID. One thing I have learned through the years of baseball, and having many years of playing/training/developing young players full time under my belt, is that some kids have natural talent and others dont. I wish every kid was a straight laced, hard working, A honor roll student, but it just does not work that way. For some, all you can do is help them reconize their potential, try and establish a work ethic, and if that fails, PRAY. One thing for sure, Colton has talent...the scary thing is...he has the potential and room for more polishing and growth. Like him or not, u cannot take that from him. He is in great hands with Coach Cody at Nederland, and in great hands with Ray De Leon of the Banditos. Sometimes its hard for young, very talented kids to always be that great work ethic ballplayer because they are always at the top. It takes time for some to see 4 or 5 years down the road towards their future. I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR I HAVE NO PERSONAL TIES WITH COLTON OR HIS FAMILY. IV SEEN HIM PLAY A FEW TIMES, MET HIS DAD TWICE. IM ONLY AN OUTSIDER LOOKING IN. Lets not judge a kid or his family, instead lets root for the kid. Lets hope in the next few years he continues to grow and learn and becomes the potential ballplayer he can be. If he does, what an exciting time it could be for him, Nederland fans, and all baseball fans as well. If he doesnt, thats ok too. The world keeps spinning, more baseball will be played, and many great future ball players will continue to be produced from southeast TEXAS!!!

Thanks for your time!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tappedout
Probally not a good idea to post another kid's name on here because they may be attacked but PNG does have a few good freshman with big time arm's.

I came on here tonight to look at some of the schedules for some of the local schools. I somehow got stuck reading this board for the last 30 mins. Now im not calling any1 out here at all, just trying to get my point out. Its easy to sit back and criticize some1 for the way they carry themselves or the way their personality/attitude towards others is recieved. On the other hand, its easy to quickly praise some1 who puts in the extra work and goes the extra mile to better himself/herself as well. As adults, everyday can be a challenge. We know through our education, common sense, and some of us, competitve sports, that in order to better our future we have to work harder than our competition and continue to learn and grow in our work enviroment. If not, you get criticized and you are eventually placed on the "pine" if you will. BUT...we are not talking about an adult here. Every1 is talking about a 14 year old KID. No matter how cocky, how arrogant, how talented, or like/dislike his father, he is still a KID. One thing I have learned through the years of baseball, and having many years of playing/training/developing young players full time under my belt, is that some kids have natural talent and others dont. I wish every kid was a straight laced, hard working, A honor roll student, but it just does not work that way. For some, all you can do is help them reconize their potential, try and establish a work ethic, and if that fails, PRAY. One thing for sure, Colton has talent...the scary thing is...he has the potential and room for more polishing and growth. Like him or not, u cannot take that from him. He is in great hands with Coach Cody at Nederland, and in great hands with Ray De Leon of the Banditos. Sometimes its hard for young, very talented kids to always be that great work ethic ballplayer because they are always at the top. It takes time for some to see 4 or 5 years down the road towards their future. I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR I HAVE NO PERSONAL TIES WITH COLTON OR HIS FAMILY. IV SEEN HIM PLAY A FEW TIMES, MET HIS DAD TWICE. IM ONLY AN OUTSIDER LOOKING IN. Lets not judge a kid or his family, instead lets root for the kid. Lets hope in the next few years he continues to grow and learn and becomes the potential ballplayer he can be. If he does, what an exciting time it could be for him, Nederland fans, and all baseball fans as well. If he doesnt, thats ok too. The world keeps spinning, more baseball will be played, and many great future ball players will continue to be produced from southeast TEXAS!!!

Thanks for your time!

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="933334" timestamp="1292384922"]
Who's the one player you feel will step up and play varsity that is either a freshman or underclassman that so no action last year.

It's very hard in 5a or 4a for freshman to contribute but sometimes that special talent comes along.

Baseball is around the corner let's get it started.
[/quote]
[img]http://www.ninstation.com/Smileys/classic/derailed.jpg[/img]

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="959571" timestamp="1296651847"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=77516.msg933334#msg933334 date=1292384922]
Who's the one player you feel will step up and play varsity that is either a freshman or underclassman that so no action last year.

It's very hard in 5a or 4a for freshman to contribute but sometimes that special talent comes along.

Baseball is around the corner let's get it started.
[/quote]
[img]http://www.ninstation.com/Smileys/classic/derailed.jpg[/img]

[/quote]Always happens, not enough intellect to go around.

PN-G....Lance Ledoux, very good lefty, up and coming kid has a shot at getting some quality innings in this year if he can throw well in the pre-season in a few games.  Definately the future star of the staff if he can keep it up and keep improving.  Will not overpower you but locates the ball well with a good breaking ball.

Several local Freshmen to watch for in seasons to come, some may make a difference this year and some may still be a year away but worth looking for.

PNG-Ledoux is definitely on this list. Great competitor and really smooth on the hill. Good command of all his pitches, change up is money pitch.

Silsbee- Tyler Powell, Really live arm, has a plus curve ball, and an outstanding athlete. Great speed and handles the bat well.

Silsbee- Colby Leblanc, excellent catcher with a strong arm. Swings a good stick from the left side. Tough kid, and an animal on the football field as well.

Silsbee- Jordan Gore, big arm. Hits the ball well, turns on fastballs in a hurry.

Orangefiled- Westin Crain, big stout lefty who can throw it well from the hill. May get a look this year since OF graduated the world last season. Can hit it a mile from the right side.

Bridge City- Hunter Uzzle, good/quick defensive catcher and a real competitor. Switch hitter with pop from both sides of the plate.

Bridge City- Blaine Mcelduff, good athlete with a big arm. Should be a help in the middle infield and center. Has lots of potential on the hill.

Bridge City- Keaton Langston, ton of speed and a big arm. Could patrol an outfield spot or play middle infield.

HF- Blake Hicks, a big strong catcher with a nice arm. Not a park around here he can't hit it out of for sure.

LCM-Kayl Simon, country strong at the plate with good discipline. Plays a solid 3rd base. He should enjoy that jet stream to left center during home games because he's gonna hit a few that way.

I know there are more good ones out there, these are just a few I am familiar with. Looking forward to watching them play at any level, from Freshmen to Varsity.

Good luck to all of them.

[quote name="mendozaline" post="959556" timestamp="1296631999"]

Thanks for your time!

[/quote]COLTON WAS ON THE HILL TODAY HE LOOKED VERY GOOD.

[quote name="1696dogs" post="962388" timestamp="1297100988"]
Starting to feel sorry for Colton and I haven't even officially met him yet. With all the hype around him he's going to be under a microscope all season. Hopefully he can look past it all and just play the game he obviously has a passion for. Good luck this season Dogs!!!
[/quote]

Amen!! 

Guest Brubaker
CW has the ability, that isn't in question.  Just has to figure out how to fit in with the team.  Baseball is a very fickle game, a team game played in VERY individual spurts, prone to you being the one to own the GLORY or being the GOAT.  That's a tough gig for a freshman, especially with the total picture folks bring to the dugout.  I hope the best for him, but this year for him will be about fitting in with a bunch of seniors who will run that dugout and won't give a shit about the hype... only whether he can help get them closer to Austin.  It's a great sport, but at the highest levels, players tend to figure this stuff out... the best players will be on the field and appreciate each other being there.  There is one goal... who's gonna be the cogs in the wheel that get you there.  CW prolly is a part of that discussion... just a part...

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Brubaker" post="963395" timestamp="1297228677"]
CW has the ability, that isn't in question.  Just has to figure out how to fit in with the team.  Baseball is a very fickle game, a team game played in VERY individual spurts, prone to you being the one to own the GLORY or being the GOAT.  That's a tough gig for a freshman, especially with the total picture folks bring to the dugout.  I hope the best for him, but this year for him will be about fitting in with a bunch of seniors who will run that dugout and won't give a censored about the hype... only whether he can help get them closer to Austin.  It's a great sport, but at the highest levels, players tend to figure this stuff out... the best players will be on the field and appreciate each other being there.  There is one goal... who's gonna be the cogs in the wheel that get you there.  CW prolly is a part of that discussion... just a part...
[/quote]

The nail has just been hit on the head.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83