We Need National Attention

ndn78

At my last count we have around 87 former and current NFL players, 6 coaches and trainers and not to mention the amount of MLB, NBA, PGA/LPGA players along with numerous entertainers. When I use the term Golden Triangle I choose to include towns like Silsbee, Buna, Dayton etc. because I fill we all have the same passion and pride in our lives.

I have sent letters to all the major networks including ESPN and have gotten a wide range of responses but no interest.

I travel the country on buisness and no where I have ever been has a larger amount of talent from such a small square mile area. How do we go about getting some major network do a special and the players, coaches, entertainers and people that make our area so special. We are a group of people that work hard, play hard and pull together under trying times (Hurricanes etc.) and support each other when the time arrises.

Any ideas?

I believe you would have more luck contacting someone who came from the area. ESPN and others don't really have the area pride to pursue it, cause they aren't from here. It's not of any interest to them per say. Clay Walker, Tracy Byrd, etc.... people like that, or maybe even PBS. I dunno just a suggestion.

[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="917844" timestamp="1290570551"]
I think the reason you're not getting much interest is because to the national media, the Golden Triangle is part of greater Houston.  And reporting that a lot of great athletes come from Houston is hardly newsworthy. 
[/quote]

Bingo.  That's exactly the way the national media view SETX/the Golden Triangle. 

I'm not giving up, any of you who happen to know any current or former players or someone who does make an effort to try and contact them. The players and the fans who supported them in their formative years deserve this. We may not live in the most beautiful of places in the USA but I guarantee there is not a group of more hard working, passionate tenacious group of people than those of us in SETX. Let's make this happen!

i am glad someone is trying to do this sounds great.i was in dallas in september and was talking to a buddy that is a SUPER COWBOY FAN LOL ::) ::) and he shocked me with this.he said no place in the USA can say the the dallas cowboys have had (2) head coaches that were 20 miles apart wade from orange and jimmy from PA is the truth .

[quote name="skipper" post="917989" timestamp="1290606951"]
i am glad someone is trying to do this sounds great.i was in dallas in september and was talking to a buddy that is a SUPER COWBOY FAN LOL ::) ::) and he shocked me with this.he said no place in the USA can say the the dallas cowboys have had (2) head coaches that were 20 miles apart wade from orange and jimmy from PA is the truth .
[/quote]

Jimmy Johnson coached the Dallas cowboys and played high school football for Port Arthur Thomas Jefferson. Wade Phillips coached the Dallas Cowboys and played football for Port Neches Groves high school. Maybe there should be a street named Wade Phillips in Port Neches or Groves or both.

[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="917844" timestamp="1290570551"]
I think the reason you're not getting much interest is because to the national media, the Golden Triangle is part of greater Houston.  And reporting that a lot of great athletes come from Houston is hardly newsworthy. 
[/quote]

Yes.  Don't you know we're "East Houston"?

Sad to say, but there are people in this state who don't know where the Golden Triangle is.  I've lost track of the number of times I've explained where Orange County is  ::).

[quote name="liltex" post="919923" timestamp="1290867060"]
Man she's a Beaumont native though that could buy the Butch out of her coin purse.But I hear ya :D 8)
[/quote]

Oprah a Beaumont native ???? Right off of her bio page .......  American television host, actress, producer, philanthropist. Oprah Gail Winfrey was born January 29, 1954, in Kosciusko, Mississippi...... then she moved to Nashville so no Beaumont

[quote name="ndn78" post="917145" timestamp="1290519318"]
At my last count we have around 87 former and current NFL players, 6 coaches and trainers and not to mention the amount of MLB, NBA, PGA/LPGA players along with numerous entertainers. When I use the term Golden Triangle I choose to include towns like Silsbee, Buna, Dayton etc. because I fill we all have the same passion and pride in our lives.

I have sent letters to all the major networks including ESPN and have gotten a wide range of responses but no interest.

I travel the country on buisness and no where I have ever been has a larger amount of talent from such a small square mile area. How do we go about getting some major network do a special and the players, coaches, entertainers and people that make our area so special. We are a group of people that work hard, play hard and pull together under trying times (Hurricanes etc.) and support each other when the time arrises.

Any ideas? This may not be any help Pat Summerall was on Charlton Pollard campus back in the 70s for CBS Sports crowing Beaumont pro football capital of the world was also on Hebert campus.
[/quote]

[quote name="ndn78" post="917145" timestamp="1290519318"]

I travel the country on buisness and [b]no where I have ever been has a larger amount of talent from such a small square mile area[/b]. How do we go about getting some major network do a special and the players, coaches, entertainers and people that make our area so special. We are a group of people that work hard, play hard and pull together under trying times (Hurricanes etc.) and support each other when the time arrises.

Any ideas?
[/quote]

Um? lets see. Southern Florida? LA california, Oakland California, Redlands California, Dallas/Fort worth, Katy, 24-4a. All have same accomplishments if not more in realitively the same land mass area your talking about. seriously pick any 80 square miles and you'll find a ton of talent.

these are some i can name from beaumont Bubba and Tody Smith C.L. whittington, Jess Phillips   
Wayne Moore ,Louis Kelcher, Miller and Mel Farr, Jerry Levias, Anthony Guillory Charles Ford, Jerry Ball
Mickey Washington,Floyd Dixon, Earl Dotson,Frank Middleton, Micheal Stclair, Cliff Odom, a few of hand from Bmt there are few more ....

Cougtalk, don't you think those areas you named have quite few more in way of population then the area I am talking about. I guess I should have pointed that out in my original post, I'll stand by the fact that based on the POPULATION of our area we have had a remarkable amount of talent come from here in a many different talents.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="922381" timestamp="1291074880"]
Yall need medical attention after BH hammered your tails and then Manvel put a whipping on ya.   ;D ;D
[/quote]
As long as it's the good stuff. ;)
Won't be long we will be using your very nice basebal field in the playoffs, feel free to come and watch a good team. ;D

[quote name="ndn78" post="922367" timestamp="1291073578"]
Cougtalk, don't you think those areas you named have quite few more in way of population then the area I am talking about. I guess I should have pointed that out in my original post, I'll stand by the fact that based on the POPULATION of our area we have had a remarkable amount of talent come from here in a many different talents.
[/quote]

Really whats the population of Beaumont? Port Neches? Groves? Nederland? Vidor? Orange? Dayton? Liberty? Port Arthur? and all the other small communities in between. if your counting Orange to newton to dayton to PA thats alot of people buddy.

The Beaumont port Arthur area has 379,918 people according to census projections.

I'm sure if you take any group of 379k people you'll find several good athletes and professionals. I'd Argue the area between Baton Rouge and Lake Charles has just as many people. just to name a few (Terry Bradshaw, Karl Malone, Andy Pettite, Glen Dorsey, Dwayne Bowe, Glen Davis, Randy Jackson, etc.) And thats just the Baton Rouge area according to what i've found baton rouges parish has 428,360 people comparable to PA-Beaumont area.

This isn't saying the area is talented i'd just argue that its not "special" by any stretch of the imagination. No offense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Chester will be the home team tonight.  Neches Tigers will be the visitors.
    • The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
  • Topics