WEST BROOK VS. PEARLAND BROADCAST/Pearland wins 51-22

WOSgrad

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="915110" timestamp="1290310427"]
Sorry to say, Todd, I was there. Pearland is good, I'm not denying that. But they aren't 51-22 good over West Brook....normally. We have played better against better teams. [b]Mark my words, if Pearland makes it to the Region 3 final against Katy, Katy will crush them[/b]! They are beatable!!! We just didn't show up and execute. No two ways about it. This WB team played poorly today. We never had an opportunity to be competitive. They did some things that made us make some adjustments in the 2nd quarter. The problem is, we never made those adjustments. Just sayin.
[/quote]

apparently.... your not as good at evaluating football as you think you are..... just saying..

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Spreadguy 7" post="926400" timestamp="1291513481"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=76402.msg915110#msg915110 date=1290310427]
Sorry to say, Todd, I was there. Pearland is good, I'm not denying that. But they aren't 51-22 good over West Brook....normally. We have played better against better teams. [b]Mark my words, if Pearland makes it to the Region 3 final against Katy, Katy will crush them[/b]! They are beatable!!! We just didn't show up and execute. No two ways about it. This WB team played poorly today. We never had an opportunity to be competitive. They did some things that made us make some adjustments in the 2nd quarter. The problem is, we never made those adjustments. Just sayin.
[/quote]

apparently.... your not as good at evaluating football as you think you are..... just saying..
[/quote]
There are a hand full of people that can evaluate on this board pretty well...

I posted on the other board...Pearland by 7 or less...I saw the teams evenly matched across the board, with the big play ability going to Pearland.

As for our match up with Pearland...I'll still say we can play with anyone. :P

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="926673" timestamp="1291557304"]
[quote author=Spreadguy 7 link=topic=76402.msg926400#msg926400 date=1291513481]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=76402.msg915110#msg915110 date=1290310427]
[/quote]

[/quote]
There are a hand full of people that can evaluate on this board pretty well...

I posted on the other board...Pearland by 7 or less...I saw the teams evenly matched across the board, with the big play ability going to Pearland.

As for our match up with Pearland...I'll still say we can play with anyone. :P
[/quote]

I dont consider myself as a good team evaluator but I do knbow a good poster when I see one.  U-DA-Man.   ;D

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="926699" timestamp="1291565783"]
After yesterday's events, I think there are some folks who owe Coach Stump and his staff a HUGE apology.
[/quote]

All it proves is WB can't play with anyone outside Beaumont and is always over-rated.  They are the bigger West Orange of SE Texas.  ;) ;)

[quote name="bh89-2" post="926880" timestamp="1291584189"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=76402.msg926699#msg926699 date=1291565783]
After yesterday's events, I think there are some folks who owe Coach Stump and his staff a HUGE apology.
[/quote]

All it proves is WB can't play with anyone outside Beaumont and is always over-rated.  They are the bigger West Orange of SE Texas.   ;) ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, they are like the Mustangs.  They get kudos from all over the state and I don't have to go back to my elementary school days to find when they won their last state championship.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="926887" timestamp="1291584602"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=76402.msg926880#msg926880 date=1291584189]
[/quote]

All it proves is WB can't play with anyone outside Beaumont and is always over-rated.  They are the bigger West Orange of SE Texas.   ;) ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, they are like the Mustangs.  They get kudos from all over the state and I don't have to go back to my elementary school days to find when they won their last state championship.
[/quote]
Everyone knows WB and WO across the state of Texas, but the only reason I know BH is because of you...no joke.. :o

I was wrong in my synopsis of Pearland. They are, apparently, much better than I anticipated. The sad part is, I still thought we had the talent to beat them. Maybe I'm wrong for thinking that. Maybe I was wrong for voicing my frustrated opinion in regards to the game. But, it is what it is. My opinion of our coaching staff has changed somewhat over the past year. I had more faith in them coming into this season. But now, I'm left with more questions than answers. I'm wondering if they are the right group to take us to the next level. I mean, lets be honest...do you guys think we lived up to our expectations coming into this season? I dont. Just sayin'. Obviously, Pearland is where we want to be. Right or wrong? But KUDOS to the Oilers anyways, they did what I thought would be impossible and I was wrong in my prediction. Good luck to the Oilers the rest of the way.

And for all you naysayers out there, Im still going to support my team....win or lose. I'm just going to be alot more selective about what I say to some of you, in the future. See ya in '11.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="927776" timestamp="1291688160"]
I was wrong in my synopsis of Pearland. They are, apparently, much better than I anticipated. The sad part is, I still thought we had the talent to beat them. Maybe I'm wrong for thinking that. Maybe I was wrong for voicing my frustrated opinion in regards to the game. But, it is what it is. My opinion of our coaching staff has changed somewhat over the past year. I had more faith in them coming into this season. But now, I'm left with more questions than answers. I'm wondering if they are the right group to take us to the next level. I mean, lets be honest...do you guys think we lived up to our expectations coming into this season? I dont. Just sayin'. Obviously, Pearland is where we want to be. Right or wrong? But KUDOS to the Oilers anyways, they did what I thought would be impossible and I was wrong in my prediction. Good luck to the Oilers the rest of the way.

And for all you naysayers out there, Im still going to support my team....win or lose. I'm just going to be alot more selective about what I say to some of you, in the future. See ya in '11.
[/quote]

LOL---never put off would you should say tomorrow what you could or should have said today.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="bh89-2" post="926880" timestamp="1291584189"]
[/quote]

All it proves is WB can't play with anyone outside Beaumont and is always over-rated.  They are the bigger West Orange of SE Texas.   ;) ;)
[/quote]

Correct.  And they always will be unless things change drastically.

[quote name="SFA85" post="920814" timestamp="1290914744"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=76402.msg920805#msg920805 date=1290914458]
[quote author=mfd814 link=topic=76402.msg920098#msg920098 date=1290882489]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76402.msg919855#msg919855 date=1290845467]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=76402.msg919734#msg919734 date=1290830151]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76402.msg915994#msg915994 date=1290385117]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=76402.msg915981#msg915981 date=1290384023]
Until BISD changes its ways this will be a common theme.  They keep running families out of Beaumont so you will see the Lumberton's Nederland's Bridge City's and PNG's of the world continue to improve and see BISD schools continue to disappoint.
[/quote]What the heck are you talking about?  Did you even manage to read any of this stuff? Who's running out of BISD?  Enrollment is doing good.  As I said, this have nothing to do with the current topic...   ::) ::)
[/quote]

Denial isn't a river in egypt.  Bisd enrollment has been flat for over twenty years.  As for who is moving out of the district, surely you aren't that ignorant?  All of the white people are leaving bisd.  It started with the great ping pong ball debacle of 1980.  Slowed in the early 90's with the promise of neighborhood schools.  And has picked back up again under the watch of the current superintendent and board.  Since you are in total denial, look at the white enrollment in bisd.  It is around 15% now!  
[/quote]Your still not proving a point... Just sound like a bitter and ignorant individual...
[/quote]

So the non white increase of students in Nederland, PNG, BC, and Lumberton is due to the white people leaving BISD?   Or due to the current board and superintendent in BISD? Crime rate might scare them. Couldnt be any other reason or could it? Thoughts?
[/quote]
so are you trying to say those cities haven't seen white people relocating their from beaumont?  So the fact that lumberton has grown from about 2000 people to over 10000 since the mid 80's is because of the 4 or 5 black people that'd live there?  The blacks in nederland are likely there because of rita and blacks leaving port arthur.  I imagine some are from beaumont too.  There is a relatively large group of blacks that do not want to go to school at predominantly black schools.  All of beaumont and port arthur's schools are either all black or predominantly black.  So there are no longer predominantly white schools for them to attend.  In any event, white kids have not been given a chance to fairly participate in 'black' sports in beaumont.  Consequently, bisd loses good families who may also have very talented kids to other school districts.  I know my comments aren't politically correct but that doesn't mean they aren't true.  If you look back at the 1982 wb team you will see that it was loaded with very talented black AND white players.  The french team also had some talented white kids.  Since the early 80's there has been a "to heck with the white people" attitude/movement led by people like paul brown and howard trahan.  This has picked up dream again with the current bisd superintendent and board of trustees.  If you don't think this has negatvely impacted athletics in beaumont then you would be ignorant.
[/quote]Yeah right......

That '82 WB team had 3 starters from Forest Park.  You're right about that French team but to say White kids are/were being denied in  so-called 'Black Sports' is ludicris.  West Enders are just sorry @football and basketball so they attend Kelly and Legacy if they stay here and the HF's and H-J's of the world if they don't

[/quote]

Apparently you don't have white kids that have attempted to play sports in Beaumont schools but weren't given a chance.  I'm not talking about my own kids but other kids that I have seen that were EXTREMELY talented athletes but weren't given a fair shot because they were white.  It is horrible at the jr high level so kids get discouraged and don't try to play in high school.  So, yes they end up leaving and West Brook is worse off for it.  White kids no longer have a public high school in Beaumont where they can play football.  They get an outside chance at West Brook but not much.  They are looked at more as a Rudy or a 'long shot' rather than legitimate football players.  And, of course, you can forget Central or Ozen.  They are 100% black football teams.  To say West Enders are sorry at football and basketball is idiotic.  But, it does go along with the mentality of the coaches at the public schools in Beaumont.  If you look at the best high school football programs in the state they are more similar to the west ender type than they are any other type.  Also, look at the best college basketball program in the country..it is full of West Ender "types".

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="925221" timestamp="1291422190"]
Weed Be Back now.  Decided to post on this thread before it gets locked up.  I have been out a couple of weeks on business and vacation.  I missed the Pearland game because i had to be out of town.  

Congrats to all Da brook players for entertaining me with their great talents.  sorry it ended this way, but as SGT said earlier, there is something to gain even out of a loss.

I also want to add my appreciation for the coaching staff and other support given to these kids during the season, especially for the fans who stay positive through thick and thin.  

Without any intentions to get into a p***ing match with outsiders ----it is a priviledge again to have my kids go through the WB programs, to have a wife and daughter teaching there, and to be asked for my 10th year in a row to represent the WB Band tomorrow in my big fat red and white outfit as they travel to the assisted living centers to bring the joy of Christmas season to the elderly and various challenged people within our great community.  

While i am sure that the other area High schools enjoy similar opportunities, I am quite proud to be a part of this one.  Let us all try harder to back off the naughty and focus on the nice for the rest of this season----cause I'll be watching  and making a list  ;) :D
[/quote]

That's funny, I am ashamed I have to send my kids to West Brook.  When I drop them off I shake my head in disbelief at what that school has become.  Full of a bunch of gang bangers and kids all over everywhere with their pants hanging down below their rears.  Yep...those kids are going far in life!

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="935583" timestamp="1292653219"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=76402.msg925221#msg925221 date=1291422190]
Weed Be Back now.  Decided to post on this thread before it gets locked up.  I have been out a couple of weeks on business and vacation.  I missed the Pearland game because i had to be out of town.  

Congrats to all Da brook players for entertaining me with their great talents.  sorry it ended this way, but as SGT said earlier, there is something to gain even out of a loss.

I also want to add my appreciation for the coaching staff and other support given to these kids during the season, especially for the fans who stay positive through thick and thin.  

Without any intentions to get into a p***ing match with outsiders ----it is a priviledge again to have my kids go through the WB programs, to have a wife and daughter teaching there, and to be asked for my 10th year in a row to represent the WB Band tomorrow in my big fat red and white outfit as they travel to the assisted living centers to bring the joy of Christmas season to the elderly and various challenged people within our great community.  

While i am sure that the other area High schools enjoy similar opportunities, I am quite proud to be a part of this one.  Let us all try harder to back off the naughty and focus on the nice for the rest of this season----cause I'll be watching  and making a list  ;) :D
[/quote]

That's funny, I am ashamed I have to send my kids to West Brook.  When I drop them off I shake my head in disbelief at what that school has become.  Full of a bunch of gang bangers and kids all over everywhere with their pants hanging down below their rears.  Yep...those kids are going far in life!
[/quote]
You sound a lil sour...everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I can say this...If you think WB is full of gang bangers, I will have to respectfully disagree.  Have you ever been a gang banger? have you ever "jacked " someone, stole a car, robber a store, tattooed the side of a building, slept in abandoned apartments/homes, etc...  your judging these kids by their choice in attire...THEY ARE IN SCHOOL, gang bangers don't go to school...if they did they would be expelled in a HIC-UP 

And yes, I know some that are LAWYERS and BUSINESS OWNERS today.  This Country was built by gang banging, but sometimes we all forget who originally occupied these lands before we showed up.....and took it... ;)

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="935628" timestamp="1292680272"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=76402.msg935583#msg935583 date=1292653219]

[/quote]I

[/quote]
You sound a lil sour...everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I can say this...If you think WB is full of gang bangers, I will have to respectfully disagree.  Have you ever been a gang banger? have you ever "jacked " someone, stole a car, robber a store, tattooed the side of a building, slept in abandoned apartments/homes, etc...  your judging these kids by their choice in attire...THEY ARE IN SCHOOL, gang bangers don't go to school...if they did they would be expelled in a HIC-UP 

And yes, I know some that are LAWYERS and BUSINESS OWNERS today.  This Country was built by gang banging, but sometimes we all forget who originally occupied these lands before we showed up.....and took it... ;)
[/quote]I agree

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="935581" timestamp="1292652368"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=76402.msg920814#msg920814 date=1290914744]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=76402.msg920805#msg920805 date=1290914458]
[quote author=mfd814 link=topic=76402.msg920098#msg920098 date=1290882489]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76402.msg919855#msg919855 date=1290845467]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=76402.msg919734#msg919734 date=1290830151]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76402.msg915994#msg915994 date=1290385117]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=76402.msg915981#msg915981 date=1290384023]
Until BISD changes its ways this will be a common theme.  They keep running families out of Beaumont so you will see the Lumberton's Nederland's Bridge City's and PNG's of the world continue to improve and see BISD schools continue to disappoint.
[/quote]What the heck are you talking about?  Did you even manage to read any of this stuff? Who's running out of BISD?  Enrollment is doing good.  As I said, this have nothing to do with the current topic...   ::) ::)
[/quote]

Denial isn't a river in egypt.  Bisd enrollment has been flat for over twenty years.  As for who is moving out of the district, surely you aren't that ignorant?  All of the white people are leaving bisd.  It started with the great ping pong ball debacle of 1980.  Slowed in the early 90's with the promise of neighborhood schools.  And has picked back up again under the watch of the current superintendent and board.  Since you are in total denial, look at the white enrollment in bisd.  It is around 15% now!  
[/quote]Your still not proving a point... Just sound like a bitter and ignorant individual...
[/quote]

So the non white increase of students in Nederland, PNG, BC, and Lumberton is due to the white people leaving BISD?   Or due to the current board and superintendent in BISD? Crime rate might scare them. Couldnt be any other reason or could it? Thoughts?
[/quote]
so are you trying to say those cities haven't seen white people relocating their from beaumont?  So the fact that lumberton has grown from about 2000 people to over 10000 since the mid 80's is because of the 4 or 5 black people that'd live there?  The blacks in nederland are likely there because of rita and blacks leaving port arthur.  I imagine some are from beaumont too.  There is a relatively large group of blacks that do not want to go to school at predominantly black schools.  All of beaumont and port arthur's schools are either all black or predominantly black.  So there are no longer predominantly white schools for them to attend.  In any event, white kids have not been given a chance to fairly participate in 'black' sports in beaumont.  Consequently, bisd loses good families who may also have very talented kids to other school districts.  I know my comments aren't politically correct but that doesn't mean they aren't true.  If you look back at the 1982 wb team you will see that it was loaded with very talented black AND white players.  The french team also had some talented white kids.  Since the early 80's there has been a "to heck with the white people" attitude/movement led by people like paul brown and howard trahan.  This has picked up dream again with the current bisd superintendent and board of trustees.  If you don't think this has negatvely impacted athletics in beaumont then you would be ignorant.
[/quote]Yeah right......

That '82 WB team had 3 starters from Forest Park.  You're right about that French team but to say White kids are/were being denied in  so-called 'Black Sports' is ludicris.  West Enders are just sorry @football and basketball so they attend Kelly and Legacy if they stay here and the HF's and H-J's of the world if they don't

[/quote]

Apparently you don't have white kids that have attempted to play sports in Beaumont schools but weren't given a chance.  I'm not talking about my own kids but other kids that I have seen that were EXTREMELY talented athletes but weren't given a fair shot because they were white.  It is horrible at the jr high level so kids get discouraged and don't try to play in high school.  So, yes they end up leaving and West Brook is worse off for it.  White kids no longer have a public high school in Beaumont where they can play football.  They get an outside chance at West Brook but not much.  They are looked at more as a Rudy or a 'long shot' rather than legitimate football players.  [b]And, of course, you can forget Central or Ozen.  They are 100% black football teams.[/b]  To say West Enders are sorry at football and basketball is idiotic.  But, it does go along with the mentality of the coaches at the public schools in Beaumont.  If you look at the best high school football programs in the state they are more similar to the west ender type than they are any other type.  Also, look at the best college basketball program in the country..it is full of West Ender "types".
[/quote]I sware, you are so ignorant to the facts... ::) ::)

Guest Ranger83
I agree that you cannot sterotype eveyone with saggy pants as gangbangers. It's a fad and hopefully it will die a quick death.
But, to say there are no gangbangers in school is crazy. Most schools are funded through Average Daily Attendance or "butts in the seats". This has forced the schools to "hang on" to some trash longer than necessary. Until they are funded in a different manner, this will continue to be the case.

WOW :o first time to read this thread and it is plum retarded. Color does not have a damn thing to do with what kind of school / program / or quality of kids. Some on here should be ashamed and I hope they do not teach their children the same beliefs. Has anyone ever heard of La Marque??? ??? Dont have a bit of white bread on da team but they are coached and play well. Just sayin just because a team does not live up to some has-been or never-was sitting in the stands expectations doesnt mean they are trash. These are kids on these teams and for them to step on the field atleast shows they are not out "gang-banging" and are trying to do something good ;)

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="935799" timestamp="1292716026"]
WOW :o first time to read this thread and it is plum retarded. Color does not have a dang thing to do with what kind of school / program / or quality of kids. Some on here should be ashamed and I hope they do not teach their children the same beliefs. Has anyone ever heard of La Marque??? ??? Dont have a bit of white bread on da team but they are coached and play well. Just sayin just because a team does not live up to some has-been or never-was sitting in the stands expectations doesnt mean they are trash. These are kids on these teams and for them to step on the field atleast shows they are not out "gang-banging" and are trying to do something good ;)
[/quote]
Tru dat... ;D

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="935583" timestamp="1292653219"]

[/quote]
hat's funny, I am ashamed I have to send my kids to West Brook.  When I drop them off I shake my head in disbelief at what that school has become.  Full of a bunch of gang bangers and kids all over everywhere with their pants hanging down below their rears.  Yep...those kids are going far in life!
[/quote]

Man you should be ashamed  for the values you display before your kids.  If they inherit your attitude then they wiil go even as far in life as those your seem concerned about.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476